Grand Rapids/Greenway Lightning Thread

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

Future BSU Beaver Emily Erickson scores shorthanded to get the hat-trick and make it 5-0.
boblee

post 9962

Post by boblee »

Yes, Molly Illikainen broke both her fibula and her collar bone. Looks like I'll be heading back down to the X tomorrow for the title game.
Marty McSorely

Injury

Post by Marty McSorely »

How did she get a broken Fib and shoulder blade? They've talked about her all not but haven't mentioned how it happened.
boblee

post 9963

Post by boblee »

Marty McSorely wrote:How did she get a broken Fib and shoulder blade? They've talked about her all not but haven't mentioned how it happened.
I honestly don't even know. The last shift she had she ran into a girl and fell down and then came off. That must have been it.
pipersniper12

Post by pipersniper12 »

State Champ 97 wrote:Future BSU Beaver Emily Erickson scores shorthanded to get the hat-trick and make it 5-0.
How much time/ what period?
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

I tis 5-0 start of the third =D>
Reggie

Post by Reggie »

State Champ 97 wrote:Future BSU Beaver Emily Erickson scores shorthanded to get the hat-trick and make it 5-0.
Why bsu, couldn't Emily play pretty much anywhere. Close to home maby, but bsu is horrible.
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

She signed with BSU to stay close to home. With her and D Marlee Wheelhouse from Crookston, the BSU program will make some very nice strides.
Reggie

Post by Reggie »

State Champ 97 wrote:She signed with BSU to stay close to home. With her and D Marlee Wheelhouse from Crookston, the BSU program will make some very nice strides.
UMD is close to home and much better program.
boblee

post 9964

Post by boblee »

State Champ 97 wrote:She signed with BSU to stay close to home. With her and D Marlee Wheelhouse from Crookston, the BSU program will make some very nice strides.
I believe Kaylee Keys (Cretin-Derham Hall) will also be at BSU next season. They have a nice recruiting class for the second straight year. She also can be close to her mom and her mom can come watch her almost always. It is the ideal situation for Emily and she made a great decision.
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

Reggie wrote:
But UMD doesn't seem to like to sign local kids, no matter how good they are.
pacman

Post by pacman »

State Champ 97 wrote:
Reggie wrote:
But UMD doesn't seem to like to sign local kids, no matter how good they are.
UMD Likes to Recruit Women from Russia who already got payed to play Pro Hockey :lol:
Indians forever

Post by Indians forever »

Nice job Girls way to put the GRG on the MN girls hockey map!!!! Congrats on a wonderful season!!!
Reggie

Post by Reggie »

Congrats Ladies on a great season!
southern-cross-check

Post by southern-cross-check »

I'll echo a previous post in saying...

You guys went above and beyond the wildest expectations of all your fans.

State Tourney Finals!!

Pure Hockey Pride and Tradition with no politics. Way to go Sheilas!!!!
hockrun

Post by hockrun »

Congrats Lightning! To come back from a 3-goal deficit like that was amazing! You guys all played great, and I know that everybody is so proud of your guys! Congrats to all players that received individual recognition for their outstanding play!
northernnett

Post by northernnett »

Thanks for a GREAT season, Ladies! The HallowGreen Machine represented us well.
gogriz

Post by gogriz »

Congrats GRG!!!!!!! Great season, I think most people wanted you guys to win. It hurts to see the homegrown talent get defeated by open enrolled city slickers...
boblee

post 9969

Post by boblee »

Congrats girls on a great season. It was a blast to watch all year, especially in the playoffs and at the X. The effort never lacked this year and the team chemistry was something special on and off the ice. I just want to go through my congrats list here.

-Congrats to Emily Erickson on being a Ms. Hockey Finalist

-Congrats to Emily Erickson for winning the Herb Brooks Award

-Congrats to Kayla Clafton for winning the Hobey Baker for the team

-Congrats to Emily Erickson, Molly Arola, Kayla Clafton, and Jessica Havel on All-State Tournament Team

-Congrats to Emily Erickson on 1st team All-State

-Congrats to Molly Arola, Dana Gallop, Heather Horger, and Jessica Havel on All-State Honorable Mention

-Congrats to Chris Granley for a great first year as head coach (25-4-2)

-Congrats to Molly Dekich, Emily Erickson, Jenae Hoeft, Kayla Clafton, and Heather Horgen on great careers
Central

Post by Central »

Congratulations to the GRG team! They showed great will and determination throughout the tournament and season!!!!
zamboni99

Post by zamboni99 »

Congrats to Gallop and Illikainen on making the NDP 16 team!! Also congrats to Arola and Havel on making it as far as they did. Heard they all played well, way to represent GRG!
boblee

post 10317

Post by boblee »

Yes.

I wanted to give my congrats to Morgan Illikainen and Dana Gallop on making it to New York.

Also, congrats to Molly Arola and Bessie Havel for making it as far as they did.

I agree.

Great job girls!
Central

Post by Central »

GRG was represented well! Good job, ladies!
Reggie

Post by Reggie »

Will we see the Lightning back at state this year? I'd think so!!!
zamboni99

Post by zamboni99 »

I would say they have as good a chance as anybody, if everyone can stay healthy. But, it is high school hockey and anything can happen. Thats why you play the games!! Should be another fun season