Grand Rapids/Greenway Lightning Thread

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

joehockey

Post by joehockey »

I watched NDP in Rochester and my daughter played against Morgan and Dana they both played very well. Dana was one of the top forwards in camp and looked very strong in games until she hurt her shoulder. GRG should have a big season!
boblee

post 10467

Post by boblee »

It seems like Dana has been off and on with that shoulder injury for a while. She has to get that thing healthy. That is something I hope doesn't linger.
titleist

Breck Opening

Post by titleist »

Just for you GR fans, here's your chance to unload Gunderson and send him down to the cities. The way I see it, it'll give Ike a chance to win and Boblee a chance to step in as assistant coach!!
rae

Post by rae »

good scrimmages this weekend the girls played...the arola Illikainen gallop line seemed to be on fire
zamboni99

Post by zamboni99 »

was at the GRG's games this past weekend. nice looking team. Good wins over Alexandria and Blaine. may not be as solid on defense as last year but the girls are working very hard and improving alot in the early goings of this season. this week should provide some more great hockey action as they take on Cloquet on tuesday and B.S.M. on friday.
rae

Post by rae »

Yes! great job they did this weekend. arola and gallop both had great skating games!
rae

Post by rae »

how about the line changes for the girls?
DHMN

Post by DHMN »

Your GRG thread seems to have died a bit but you can check out some pictures from the Cloquet/GRG 2-2 tie the 22nd in my photo 'gallery' from the game.

I'm by no means a professional photographer, but am working and learning and will be upgrading my camera to a more 'pro' model sometime in 09 to work better in the hockey arenas (and basketball gyms.)

Hate to say I'm not a big fan of the Miami Hurricanes color scheme for hockey jerseys, but congrats on what is pretty obviously the #1 seed in 7AA