Edina Hornets vs Burnsville Blaze

Post only photos that you have taken or own the rights to.

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

mikempls

Edina Hornets vs Burnsville Blaze

Post by mikempls » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:01 pm

Here are a few pics from the Edina vs Burnsville game last Thursday night at Braemar Arena -

gribble

Post by gribble » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:15 pm

I particularly like the last two.

They both have good color contrast, (Everson on No. 14 because of the solid black jersey in a sea of white), and (Gaarder kind of highlighted against the burnsville player behind him with darker ice).

I think the Gaarder shot looks more active. But I like the Everson shot because the two players are flowing into open space. So it looks like they have a place they're trying to get to.

You take good action shots. Keep at it. Do you have your own website?

gribble

Post by gribble » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:18 pm

I don't know if you're into this... But you might want to play with the shutter speed and moving the camera to get the blurred effect. I'm sure you've probably already done it, but it might give some of your shots a more dynamic effect.

DHMN

Post by DHMN » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:43 pm

gribble wrote:I don't know if you're into this... But you might want to play with the shutter speed and moving the camera to get the blurred effect. I'm sure you've probably already done it, but it might give some of your shots a more dynamic effect.
His photos are already some of the best high school hockey photos out there. Personally I'd rather have the focus he gets than some sort of blurred shots.

HuskiesD1

Post by HuskiesD1 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:47 pm

Mike,

Like the second one the best.

I went to your site and saw that you are shooting a Nikon D3 @ 2500 ISO - do you use noise reduction or the photos REALLY that clean?