Clash of the 12UA Titans: Edina v Eden Prairie

Discussion of Minnesota Girls Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

Burnbabyburn

Clash of the 12UA Titans: Edina v Eden Prairie

Post by Burnbabyburn »

Saw where the two best 12U teams scrimmaged, a 2-2 tie. Anyone care to share details - who carried the play, what does each have to do to win this matchup?
luckyEPDad

Re: Clash of the 12UA Titans: Edina v Eden Prairie

Post by luckyEPDad »

It was after my daughter's practice so we stayed around and watched. Forgot how fast the girls game can be. Either team would give the EP JV team a good game.

Hate to say it but Edina may have had the best player on the ice. Fast and great stickhandling. Sorry but my memory is bad when it comes to numbers. EP has great balance and played great defence. They need to work on a more coordinated attack as too often only one or two girls are involved. Goalies for both teams are great. My daughter knows and loves them both. They even look a and act a little alike. Very funny.

Both teams made several mistakes. Found myself often thinking "That was a very un-name here like play.

It will be fun watching how this plays out over the season.
PainITB

Post by PainITB »

It will be a very interesting weekend at the Cake Eaters. I hear that some good teams will be playing other then the two power houses at the U-12 A leveal. Good luck to all
U10Father

Advantage EP

Post by U10Father »

Our family was at the the Taj MaBreamar for the Cake Tourney where our teams didn't do well. Saw a number of EP and Edina 12U teams, A & B. In the title game, EP won in overtime. It looks like Edina has 5-6 very very good players, some of the best I've seen (14,7,21,17). Eden Prairie is deeper and bigger though, and the right team won. The problem with Edina is they have a lot of so-so players, Eden Prairie might have two.

In B, EP has a very good team, as are two of the Edina teams. All those could win games against some 12A teams we've seen.