Team Minnesota Italy Streaming

Discussion of Minnesota Girls Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

zambonidriver

Team Minnesota Italy Streaming

Post by zambonidriver » Mon May 04, 2015 8:37 am

[urlhttp://www.legacyglobalsports.com/page/show/14 ... ults-2015-] For all that are interested here is the link to watch team Minnesota in Italy click on the link and then at the right you can click on the game you want to watch. 7 hour time difference.[/url]

goaliedad31

Post by goaliedad31 » Mon May 04, 2015 8:47 am

Cool. Thanks for sharing. Go Team Minnesota!

Iceburg

Re: Team Minnesota Italy Streaming

Post by Iceburg » Fri May 08, 2015 10:19 am

zambonidriver wrote:LINK For all that are interested here is the link to watch team Minnesota in Italy click on the link and then at the right you can click on the game you want to watch. 7 hour time difference.

goaliedad31

Post by goaliedad31 » Sat May 09, 2015 7:59 am

Looks like they play for the Championship at 9:00am our time. Good luck girls!

goaliedad31

Post by goaliedad31 » Mon May 11, 2015 8:18 am

Congrats to Team MN on their 2nd place finish in OT. Highlights the tremendous talent we have at this age group.

massalsa

Post by massalsa » Mon May 11, 2015 3:59 pm

goaliedad31 wrote:Congrats to Team MN on their 2nd place finish in OT. Highlights the tremendous talent we have at this age group.

Watched a little of the Championship on Sat am. Great to have a feed but was difficult on the iPad to see who was who and what was what.

Looks like Maddie Skelton was the leading scorer on Team Minnesota. Is there an all tournament team or was there any awards?

Also would be great to find out if the parental participants would do it again. I heard some good things from some that did it last year but $6k + is a big # for a trip for 1 parent and a kid to play 8 games. I think that there are a couple that chose to do this year's 15U as well but know several who are not doing it again this year.

International travel with any kids is an awesome thing imo (both for kids and parents). Would it have been better to travel to the east coast for a tourney with a Select organization team in the summer for $2k and take the extra $4k and travel to Italy or some other Euro destination with family as well or was the whole package thing a better use of $6k?

This is in no means me trying to start a checkbook hockey conversation or complaint fest that these forums have on a regular basis...

zambonidriver

Italy

Post by zambonidriver » Tue May 12, 2015 7:50 am

Speaking for my daughter she would definitely do it again. It would be nice to have the tryout for grade level instead birth year as there were quite a few girls that were 7th graders that would have made the team better. They were playing against 00's and 01's and more than held their own and should have won the tournament. Major problem with something like this is for the cost the coaches are in a real predicament over playing time. I know for a fact one parent was very upset and for the most part rightly so. If you are paying 7,000 dollars for a trip, that is what it cost for player and 1 parent to make the trip you should get equal playing time. I asked my daughter if she would do it again she said YES!!!!!! She made friends from all over the world. People should go in knowing that it is still a hockey tournament and the coaches have control over playing time.