Fun

Discussion of Minnesota Girls Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

zambonidriver

Fun

Post by zambonidriver » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:51 am

Last Sunday night at Drake Kustom Kamps has what is titled an elite player camp Sunday's at 7:00 for June and part of July. My daughter goes if we are in town. Last Sunday night there were about 12 kids there. I am going to drop a few names here, the Wethington sisters, Ziegler, Dornseif, Parent, to name a few. After warmups they basically played small games for an hour and a half. I have never seen a compete level like that or a bunch of kids having so much fun. There was trash talking, celebrating, bodies flying, creativity, SMILES ON EVERY FACE. There were 3 goalies at the end they had a round robin game of 5 puck which was just as enjoyable to watch as the small games. I think the parents had as much fun as the kids. When the arena guy opened the doors to resurface there was a collective groan from the kids and the parents watching. No one wanted it to end. When the girls left the locker room they were still talking about plays that were being made and how that was the most fun they had had all summer.