os shoot out

Discussion of Minnesota Girls Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

Mavs

Post by Mavs » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:52 pm

Gotothenetman wrote:
I don't see that they have any girls teams?
Looks like girls teams listed as MCC and they don't show them playing this weekend on their cals.

Not sure

Gotothenetman

Post by Gotothenetman » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:58 pm

Mavs wrote:
Gotothenetman wrote:
I don't see that they have any girls teams?
Looks like girls teams listed as MCC and they don't show them playing this weekend on their cals.

Not sure
I guess possible throw together group using the name?

InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:34 am

Is the crème getting all whipped up?

Gotothenetman

Post by Gotothenetman » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:07 pm

InigoMontoya wrote:Is the crème getting all whipped up?
Any updates on what all went down at the shootout?

Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:38 pm

Gotothenetman wrote:
InigoMontoya wrote:Is the crème getting all whipped up?
Any updates on what all went down at the shootout?
http://www.oshockey.org/page/show/2023107-os-shootout

zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:50 am

Great week end of Hockey. Colorado brought 2 really good teams. Machine 02 played really well changed my opinion of them. So much girls talent nation wide.

jg2112

Post by jg2112 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:31 am

zambonidriver wrote:Great week end of Hockey. Colorado brought 2 really good teams. Machine 02 played really well changed my opinion of them. So much girls talent nation wide.
Yeah, that Colorado U12 team was insane. I couldn't believe the power of their shooting, as well as the size of those 12-year-olds.

The 02/03 O/S team had a nice victory against the Young Americans on Friday. However, they took two defeats from the Kodiaks.

Mavs

Post by Mavs » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:25 pm

jg2112 wrote:
zambonidriver wrote:Great week end of Hockey. Colorado brought 2 really good teams. Machine 02 played really well changed my opinion of them. So much girls talent nation wide.
Yeah, that Colorado U12 team was insane. I couldn't believe the power of their shooting, as well as the size of those 12-year-olds.

The 02/03 O/S team had a nice victory against the Young Americans on Friday. However, they took two defeats from the Kodiaks.
who are the top players on the 02/03 team?

jg2112

Post by jg2112 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:00 pm

Mavs wrote:
jg2112 wrote:

Vetter (goalie from Eden Prairie), Golnitz (defense from Forest Lake) and Baker (forward from Bauer-Emerson, going to Hill this fall) are probably the top three players. Each of them has played some U14 for O/S this year as well. Zumwinkle (Tonka), Gage (Orono), McGuire and Wohlers (Stillwater), Gerebi (C/C), Jackson (Mounds View) and Distad (Roseville) are also very good. There are also a couple of 03/04 girls who have played 02/03 the past two seasons and have improved a lot.

Mavs

Post by Mavs » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:14 pm

jg2112 wrote:
Mavs wrote:
jg2112 wrote:

Vetter (goalie from Eden Prairie), Golnitz (defense from Forest Lake) and Baker (forward from Bauer-Emerson, going to Hill this fall) are probably the top three players. Each of them has played some U14 for O/S this year as well. Zumwinkle (Tonka), Gage (Orono), McGuire and Wohlers (Stillwater), Gerebi (C/C), Jackson (Mounds View) and Distad (Roseville) are also very good. There are also a couple of 03/04 girls who have played 02/03 the past two seasons and have improved a lot.
Thanks. Look forward to seeing them this fall. I watched once in the spring and there is some very good talent.

titleist

Post by titleist » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:07 am

jg2112 wrote:

I agree, the Machine 02 is a very nice team. They remind me a lot of the the Os Select 01's last year when they were playing up in most tournaments...only bigger.

I wasn't that impressed with the Colorado team. I saw them get waxed this weekend as the U14's. They had two really nice players, but after that seem to have lost depth quickly...and they only had two lines on the bench when I saw them... tough tournament to play with only two lines.

titleist

Post by titleist » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:07 am

jg2112 wrote:

I agree, the Machine 02 is a very nice team. They remind me a lot of the the Os Select 01's last year when they were playing up in most tournaments...only bigger.

I wasn't that impressed with the Colorado team. I saw them get waxed this weekend as the U14's. They had two really nice players, but after that seem to have lost depth quickly...and they only had two lines on the bench when I saw them... tough tournament to play with only two lines.

Mavs

Post by Mavs » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:27 am

02 Machine team is good, no doubt about it.

zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:12 am

titleist wrote:
jg2112 wrote:

You must have saw them before all their kids got into town. When they played us they were really good hustled all over the rink very physical. You could tell that the OS teams were coming off a long break. First two games my daughter a 51 shots 47 saves. Second game 44 shots 43 saves then averaged 25 the rest of the way. Agin missing two of our best players.

tarasov

Post by tarasov » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:04 pm

You must have saw them before all their kids got into town. When they played us they were really good hustled all over the rink very physical. You could tell that the OS teams were coming off a long break. First two games my daughter a 51 shots 47 saves. Second game 44 shots 43 saves then averaged 25 the rest of the way. Agin missing two of our best players.

Your kid plays goalie and you were missing your two best players?

tarasov

Post by tarasov » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:05 pm

WOW!

InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:01 am

Well, that's a shame. I was hoping we'd get the much-hyped match up between the Os Selects 01 and the 01/02 Os Selects. Instead the 01 team played the CO team-missing best players, then after the CO best players arrived, they played the 01/02 team-missing best players. Hmm, it seems to me the crème should include the best players. Have either of the two teams with 'Chicago' in the name played at any of the other local gatherings? Would be interesting to see how they fared against the little MG kids that did OK playing up in Blaine.

zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:13 am

InigoMontoya wrote:Well, that's a shame. I was hoping we'd get the much-hyped match up between the Os Selects 01 and the 01/02 Os Selects. Instead the 01 team played the CO team-missing best players, then after the CO best players arrived, they played the 01/02 team-missing best players. Hmm, it seems to me the crème should include the best players. Have either of the two teams with 'Chicago' in the name played at any of the other local gatherings? Would be interesting to see how they fared against the little MG kids that did OK playing up in Blaine.
one of the best games of the weekend was the colorado u-14 team against Machine 02 that went to a shoot out. The Colorado teams were very well coached. Another great game was the 01 OS against the 02 machine the 02 machine actually were ahead for most of the game. Tarasov congrats on your daughter making the u-18 national team you must be very proud.

zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:15 am

tarasov wrote:WOW!
Congrats on your daughter making the U-18 national team.

zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:44 am

I was struck by a comment during the shoot out by a goalie parent from another team which illustrates the difference between OS and other programs.
My daughter was filling in for the Colorado u-12 team in goal during one of their games. The parent accosted me seemingly very upset that my daughter was playing for another team. Double rostered was the term he used. My reaction was like he was talking martian. He was right though my daughter was not playing on her normal team. Then at halftime of that game she left the ice and filled in on another rink that was short a goalie. The weird thing was we looked at what was going on as totally normal as that is how Winny runs her stuff you go where you are needed. Ice time and playing are whats important trophies are not. I think that's why Winny's program keeps growing. It was a concept that other goalie dad couldn't comprehend.

Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:11 am

zambonidriver wrote:I was struck by a comment during the shoot out by a goalie parent from another team which illustrates the difference between OS and other programs.
My daughter was filling in for the Colorado u-12 team in goal during one of their games. The parent accosted me seemingly very upset that my daughter was playing for another team. Double rostered was the term he used. My reaction was like he was talking martian. He was right though my daughter was not playing on her normal team. Then at halftime of that game she left the ice and filled in on another rink that was short a goalie. The weird thing was we looked at what was going on as totally normal as that is how Winny runs her stuff you go where you are needed. Ice time and playing are whats important trophies are not. I think that's why Winny's program keeps growing. It was a concept that other goalie dad couldn't comprehend.
The shootout is a showcase not a tourney correct?

InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:27 am

Nevertoomuchhockey wrote:
zambonidriver wrote:I was struck by a comment during the shoot out by a goalie parent from another team which illustrates the difference between OS and other programs.
And isn't it a pretty pricey jamboree? The dollar amount I heard a kid had to pitch in to play on her team caught me a little off guard. Unless the coach was making a little profit on the weekend, that amount times even just 15 skaters would make it about twice the cost of some other local tourney options.

jg2112

Post by jg2112 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:48 am

InigoMontoya wrote:
And isn't it a pretty pricey jamboree? The dollar amount I heard a kid had to pitch in to play on her team caught me a little off guard. Unless the coach was making a little profit on the weekend, that amount times even just 15 skaters would make it about twice the cost of some other local tourney options.
My understanding is it's just a series of games. My daughter played 5-6 games with 3 different teams. There were no finals. Just a Jamboree-style event.

zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:55 am

InigoMontoya wrote:
IDK part of the price for our team which is more than reasonable