Wondering

Discussion of Minnesota Girls Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:09 am

zambonidriver wrote:
HockeyDad2015 wrote:You said you turned down playing for the Machine 02' Team? That had to be hard to do, like I said earlier I would've jumped on that opportunity.

Who's on that team? Where are they from? Just Edina, Minnetonka and Wayzata?
Andover also. Again my daughter has been asked to play for multiple teams. At one time she was playing for 3 teams. The blades Ice Cougars and OS. We have settled on Os their philosophy is catered to the girls as they are a girls only program. Winny has over 400 kids in her program and knows every kid by name. There are no systems she stress let the game teach them. Our team is mad up completely of kids going into 8th grade and they have won every tournament they have entered. The clash The Mountain Dew Blast and the Combat cup. They have also been pushed by playing older kids in the OS spring league and the OS scrimmage fest and the OS shoot out. Over the course of the AAA season I have seen the kids grow in their team play and creativity. They figured this stuff out without structured practice. Again to me the two best programs for girls are the Blades and OS! the problem with the Blades is other than Roger and Doc the girls are an after thought. OS is as Motley Crue would say girls, girls, girls.
Lots of D1 girls coming off Blades, Cougars, Reebok, Rev... Could go on at 19u. That seems to speak to those programs also investing/interested in the girls side?

InigoMontoya

Re: Wondering

Post by InigoMontoya » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:05 am

zambonidriver wrote:I was just thinking, (i know first time for everything) Why, and I admit I am a big offender the Machine program gets bashed so much as opposed to the other AAA girls programs? I know my reasons but I was just curious as to other peoples thoughts.
I don't really see anyone else bashing the Machine program. Lots of kids (boys and girls) and parents find value in what they're doing over there. Many kids and parents find value in other programs instead. The girls side could have been a huge presence, if they could have understood the administrative side better - the 99's were a pretty special group before they left, the 98's left in great part soon after, a bunch of the 01's left a couple years later; and still they continue to assemble talented kids at 02, 03, 04, 05, 06... and they compete at 14U and 16U.

Mavs

Re: Wondering

Post by Mavs » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:35 am

InigoMontoya wrote:
zambonidriver wrote:I was just thinking, (i know first time for everything) Why, and I admit I am a big offender the Machine program gets bashed so much as opposed to the other AAA girls programs? I know my reasons but I was just curious as to other peoples thoughts.
I don't really see anyone else bashing the Machine program. Lots of kids (boys and girls) and parents find value in what they're doing over there. Many kids and parents find value in other programs instead. The girls side could have been a huge presence, if they could have understood the administrative side better - the 99's were a pretty special group before they left, the 98's left in great part soon after, a bunch of the 01's left a couple years later; and still they continue to assemble talented kids at 02, 03, 04, 05, 06... and they compete at 14U and 16U.
This then begs the question: why did they all leave? (I don't know anything about those teams/groups) I know there was a big Blades divide with the 01 team two years ago but never heard why. I haven't heard anything about mass exits from the Machine. Maybe its just normal grass is greener ideas.