Didn't know where to post...

Discussion of Minnesota Girls Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

Nevertoomuchhockey

Didn't know where to post...

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:35 pm

Has anyone been through a collar bone injury that evolved into surgery? We have gotten 3 different prognosis/outcome/treatment suggestions from 3 different MDs. You can pm or answer here. Thx

Lace'emUp

Re: Didn't know where to post...

Post by Lace'emUp » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:30 pm

Nevertoomuchhockey wrote:Has anyone been through a collar bone injury that evolved into surgery? We have gotten 3 different prognosis/outcome/treatment suggestions from 3 different MDs. You can pm or answer here. Thx
Schedule an appointment with an orthopedic sports medicine surgeon. One of the best ones in the area is at HCMC - no one better in my mind:
http://www.hcmc.org/providers/HCMC_STAFF_627

InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:05 am

Both Tria and Twin Cities Orthopedics are also great.

We were told: many, many years ago they never did surgery on collarbones, then for quite a while they often did surgery on collarbones, now they rarely do surgery on collarbones.

greybeard58

Post by greybeard58 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:20 am

My oldest son broke his as a first year bantam and as it healed was broken again in school. Healed and has not bothered him since. Same year team mate broke his in 2 places and no surgery and healed. Many many years ago I cracked mine in football took 3 weeks to heal doctor told me it would have been better if broken and for years I could feel temp changes.
Have also been told the collar bone will regenerate if broken by the doctor that treated my son. Do not feel temp changes any more.