HP 14/15 results in Anoka

Discussion of Minnesota Girls Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

jg2112

HP 14/15 results in Anoka

Post by jg2112 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:14 am

I'm wondering how results went this weekend. I know at least one of our forum's members was there. Who stood out, D2 in particular?

zambonidriver

Re: HP 14/15 results in Anoka

Post by zambonidriver » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:05 am

jg2112 wrote:I'm wondering how results went this weekend. I know at least one of our forum's members was there. Who stood out, D2 in particular?
D6 was the best team there. D2 Emma Dornseif was fantastic all weekend. Lucy Hause was solid. Nina Steighauf had her moments.

massalsa

Re: HP 14/15 results in Anoka

Post by massalsa » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:22 am

jg2112 wrote:I'm wondering how results went this weekend. I know at least one of our forum's members was there. Who stood out, D2 in particular?

I saw both D6 teams play, D3, D10, and D8 Team 1.

D6 team 1 looked the best followed by D3. D10 team 1 was beaten by both of them 4-1 and 5-1.

Only partial results up on the HP website.

massalsa

Post by massalsa » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:37 am

Was a little confused on how they do the roster sizes on some of these teams.

On the full teams you have 4 lines of Forwards and 3 lines of D. On non full teams you have 3 & 2 OR LESS. Why?

One other small complaint/regret is that it feels like they could do the match ups a little better. Like the D15 vs D6-1 matchup. It says the score was 10-0 but heard thru the grapevine they stopped keeping score at 10-0. No fun for D15.

Maybe add one more game on Sunday or add another on Saturday so that the Sunday games might be semi seeded. I know that it is a festival. Maybe have the #1 team in each district that has 2 teams match up with other stronger districts?

Or have a scrimmage/game or 2 prior to the festival to maybe do a little seeding of sorts? Seems like there are enough teams close to the metro to do that to at least selectively schedule a couple of games that look like good matchups?

InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:27 pm

I remember seeing a post on another thread saying that was the last of that format; this spring the 02's will participate in HP14.

jg2112

Post by jg2112 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:48 pm

massalsa wrote:Was a little confused on how they do the roster sizes on some of these teams.

On the full teams you have 4 lines of Forwards and 3 lines of D. On non full teams you have 3 & 2 OR LESS. Why?

One other small complaint/regret is that it feels like they could do the match ups a little better. Like the D15 vs D6-1 matchup. It says the score was 10-0 but heard thru the grapevine they stopped keeping score at 10-0. No fun for D15.

Maybe add one more game on Sunday or add another on Saturday so that the Sunday games might be semi seeded. I know that it is a festival. Maybe have the #1 team in each district that has 2 teams match up with other stronger districts?

Or have a scrimmage/game or 2 prior to the festival to maybe do a little seeding of sorts? Seems like there are enough teams close to the metro to do that to at least selectively schedule a couple of games that look like good matchups?
I think they do scrimmage. D2 scrimmaged one of the D10 teams last week or the week prior.

jg2112

Post by jg2112 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:49 pm

InigoMontoya wrote:I remember seeing a post on another thread saying that was the last of that format; this spring the 02's will participate in HP14.
So in that case, the 02s will do HP14 in 2016 and then the big HP 15 camp in 2017?

C_R

Post by C_R » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:32 pm

massalsa wrote:Was a little confused on how they do the roster sizes on some of these teams.

A couple of points -

1) The Districts have had a fair amount of latitude in administering the Fall program - witness the multiple teams, stacked vs. balanced teams, roster size, etc. My impression is that the HP 14/15 program was conceived as "Intro to HP" and each District interprets/implements that a little differently.

2) The outstate squads commonly start the HP Festivals slow. The reasons should be self-evident, but take a peek at the posted D6 and D15 training schedules for example and compare access to off-season training opportunities generally. No surprise, but the Metro Districts aren't offering to travel to Moorhead, Duluth or East Grand Forks for a scrimmage, nor are the D11/12, D15 or D16 families interested in spending an extra weekend in the Metro for a pre-Festival scrimmage.

3) No complaints from D15 - plenty of fun had by all. Challenging to start with D6 - it might have been a bit better match-up on Sunday, although D6 was impressive.

Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:27 pm

Couldn't make it this weekend, but I know for a fact that 11/12 was undefeated last year. I wouldn't generalize so conclusively about outstate teams.

Also, it seems all the teams were at 20 before the weekend. But if skaters/families wanted to pay and get the line item for their resume, then go to lacrosse, coaches didn't have to bring alternates.

And spring '16 will be 01s statewide competing to get to summer camps.

Curious if they changed the penalty format they used last year?

massalsa

Post by massalsa » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:51 pm

Nevertoomuchhockey wrote:Couldn't make it this weekend, but I know for a fact that 11/12 was undefeated last year. I wouldn't generalize so conclusively about outstate teams.

Also, it seems all the teams were at 20 before the weekend. But if skaters/families wanted to pay and get the line item for their resume, then go to lacrosse, coaches didn't have to bring alternates.

Penalties were 1:00 each. I think that it worked fairly well in the games that I saw.

Also if you look at rosters on the HP 14/15 website there were clearly some teams that had smaller #s on them and also on their bench in games I saw.

I believe that it was just as someone said, "Intro to HP".

Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:32 pm

Agreed massa.
Last year they didn't have any of the teams play short after calling the penalty. So basically unless it was a clear take out on a shooting player (penalty shot) there were essentially no penalties. By day two some of the teams and coaches were taking advantage of the "no penalty penalty" format and it got pretty cheap and dirty real quick. I'm glad they realized the danger in that and changed it.

InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:24 am

Nevertoomuchhockey wrote:Couldn't make it this weekend, but I know for a fact that 11/12 was undefeated last year. I wouldn't generalize so conclusively about outstate teams.

From another thread:
Lastly, I hear this is the last year of fall HP. Rumor was that it will be moved to the spring like the rest, and just be called HP 14. Since MNH is slow to post or fails to post all their meeting minutes, we'll all probably have to wait to find out through the grape vine.

jg2112

Post by jg2112 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:31 am

InigoMontoya wrote:

From another thread:
Lastly, I hear this is the last year of fall HP. Rumor was that it will be moved to the spring like the rest, and just be called HP 14. Since MNH is slow to post or fails to post all their meeting minutes, we'll all probably have to wait to find out through the grape vine.
Sounds about right. This is on the MN Hockey website:

2016 High Performance Dates

CCM T.B. Great 8 and 18 U Fest. March 18th - 20th South St.Paul, MN
CCM HP 16 & 17 Festival April 15th - 17th Plymouth, MN
CCM Boys HP Final 54 / CCM NIT April 21st - 24th Plymouth, MN
CCM Girls HP Final 54 / CCM NIT April 21st - 24th Edina, MN
CCM Boys & Girls HP 14 Festival April 22nd - 24th TBD
CCM Boys HP 15 Festival April 22nd - 24th Plymouth, MN
CCM Girls HP 15 Festival April 22nd - 24th Edina, MN
CCM HP 15 Summer Girls Camp June 4th - 9th St.Cloud, MN
CCM HP 15 Summer Boys Camp June 11th - 16th St.Cloud, MN
CCM HP National Prep Camp July 5th - 8th Blaine, MN