Team Minnesota Tryouts Take #2

Discussion of Minnesota Girls Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

NORTHWOODS HOCKEY
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:13 am

Post by NORTHWOODS HOCKEY » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:38 am

Gotothenetman wrote:
NORTHWOODS HOCKEY wrote:
Gotothenetman wrote:
HuskiesHockey wrote:
Gotothenetman wrote:
HuskiesHockey wrote:
HuskiesHockey wrote:
Gotothenetman wrote:
HuskiesHockey wrote:Listen, I'm tired of arguing with you. You're the one calling them future Olympians, not me. I know what good 03's look like and we have many of them. You're the one making this a crazy issue. You might know more about 01's but you do not know more about 03's than me. These are very good hockey players, and some of them, better than very good. You can try to discount that but it doesn't change reality. Most of the best 03's in Minnesota are playing or have been invited to play MN03's. That is just a fact. You can discount and disparage it but it doesn't change reality. I will put up $10,000 if you can field a team of 03's from Minnesota that would beat the MN03's. Of course, I would expect you to match it Mr. Scout/Genius. I will even allow your 02 daughter to play as a gesture of good will. Go ahead Mr. Conspiracy, show us how wrong we are.
Hey settle down now Herbie your not here to pick the best ones just the right ones. If we did it which team would get to wear the USA jerseys? Thanks for allowing my youngest to play but that would be above her level.
What do you mean "the right ones". Stop talking out your ass. I'll tell you what, put together the02 team of your choice and we'll play them with our "privileged" 03's and still kick your ass. You keep Implying that this group is based on relationship and not talent but you don't back it up. Why aren't you still coaching or scouting? Performance issues? I k ow some Gambler guys dickhead, you're not that good.
You're a jealous bitch floundering in a world of "I wish we were invited to the party". But you weren't. Now you're only defense is to discredit the party you weren't invited to. Pathetic, you're a loser with a loser mentality. Switch to basketball D bag.
Hey why so uptight you keep missing the point. I don't have anyone to bring to the party. Just curious how would one make a team if during tryouts they could not try out? Maybe a separate tryout for them? Why are you know taking shots at the 02's I think that machine team is pretty good. You would kick their ass? Um............


What do you mean, how could one make the team if they couldn't tryout? Are you referring to the one injured player who made it without trying out?

I wouldn't take shots at the 02 Machine, they would and have beat us. I'm saying YOU Mr Scout couldn't field a team to beat us because you are a D bag that no one would play for you, that could beat us.
Ok I get it now. Why would I put together a team when I don't have a 03. I just think people are tired of hearing about your little team. Also you hurt my feelings saying no one would play for me. After almost 20 years of coaching and 11 D1 players it pains me to think my career is over because I can't get a team together to play your MN03's is this Jaque Lemaire I am chatting with?
Wow, for someone not on here to prove their intelligence, you certainly like to list your credentials and indicate how smart you are. I have come across many coaches with similar credentials and believe me - just because you have been did something for 20 years, doesn't mean you did it right.

As far as the HP and the National Camp, you are sorely mistaken if you are suggesting that these players are not hand picked before tryouts. There have been players that received direct invites. With that said, there have been players that impressed at tryouts and made it as well. But to say they are not hand picked for National Camp and the process it pure, you are out of your mind.

You have a right to your opinion and that is fine, but back some of your opinions up with facts. Anytime you are questioned, you take the position of "Weak Tit" and go after all the people participating in an event as if all their intentions are bad. I said this on the post before - "Opinions are like A-holes, everyone has one, but it doesn't mean you have to be one".

I would agree with you, that if a parent thinks their child is an Olympian because they participated in this event, then they may need to settle down. However, you seem to be accusing everyone of that angle, which makes you look naïve and bitter.
You see you have now done the same thing. Since I was both an evaluator and a coach of the HP you have just painted me as someone who hand picked or use bias in my evaluation. This could not be any further from the truth. But maybe your right and you know that my daughter did not make it on her skills. By the way I coached on the boys side not the girls in the HP. But by your account it some how helped her I guess. The process may not be perfect but far closer than team 03.
I never mentioned your daughter. I didn't even imply you corrupted the process. Again, you take the "Weak Tit" position and you couldn't have a discussion based on facts.

I am, as with you, very familiar with the HP process, how it works, how evaluations are conducted and how the selection process works. The only thing I refuted was your assertion that the process is pure and only the top players make it through tryouts. There are and have been a # of direct invites. There have also been a number of good players that didn't even make the initial tryout because they were not recommended by their head coach - which is another subject all together. I didn't even say the process was wrong - I simply stated that if your assertion is that it is pure, based on tryouts alone and that the players are not hand picked, you are outside your mind.

HP is a great program and provides a great opportunity for young athletes to compete at a very high level - just as this WS program and many others do for even younger athletes. There is good out there "gotothenetman" - look for it and you will find it - look for the negative and you will find that as well.

I wasn't involved in the 03 tryouts. I am familiar with a number of the players that made it and then not so familiar with others. I would have a hard time arguing against any player selected for this team. The ones I know are pretty good hockey players. The ones I don't know must have showed really well and impressed. Congrats to all of them.

Gotothenetman
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:06 pm

Post by Gotothenetman » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:47 am

HuskiesHockey wrote:
Gotothenetman wrote:
HuskiesHockey wrote:
HuskiesHockey wrote:
Gotothenetman wrote:
HuskiesHockey wrote:Listen, I'm tired of arguing with you. You're the one calling them future Olympians, not me. I know what good 03's look like and we have many of them. You're the one making this a crazy issue. You might know more about 01's but you do not know more about 03's than me. These are very good hockey players, and some of them, better than very good. You can try to discount that but it doesn't change reality. Most of the best 03's in Minnesota are playing or have been invited to play MN03's. That is just a fact. You can discount and disparage it but it doesn't change reality. I will put up $10,000 if you can field a team of 03's from Minnesota that would beat the MN03's. Of course, I would expect you to match it Mr. Scout/Genius. I will even allow your 02 daughter to play as a gesture of good will. Go ahead Mr. Conspiracy, show us how wrong we are.
Hey settle down now Herbie your not here to pick the best ones just the right ones. If we did it which team would get to wear the USA jerseys? Thanks for allowing my youngest to play but that would be above her level.
What do you mean "the right ones". Stop talking out your ass. I'll tell you what, put together the02 team of your choice and we'll play them with our "privileged" 03's and still kick your ass. You keep Implying that this group is based on relationship and not talent but you don't back it up. Why aren't you still coaching or scouting? Performance issues? I k ow some Gambler guys dickhead, you're not that good.
You're a jealous bitch floundering in a world of "I wish we were invited to the party". But you weren't. Now you're only defense is to discredit the party you weren't invited to. Pathetic, you're a loser with a loser mentality. Switch to basketball D bag.
Hey why so uptight you keep missing the point. I don't have anyone to bring to the party. Just curious how would one make a team if during tryouts they could not try out? Maybe a separate tryout for them? Why are you know taking shots at the 02's I think that machine team is pretty good. You would kick their ass? Um............


What do you mean, how could one make the team if they couldn't tryout? Are you referring to the one injured player who made it without trying out?

I wouldn't take shots at the 02 Machine, they would and have beat us. I'm saying YOU Mr Scout couldn't field a team to beat us because you are a D bag that no one would play for you, that could beat us.
Do you have permission to set up this game? Wait a minute.......... You must be the coach of the MN 03's now it makes sense. I can see by your language on here that you must be a high character guy that would explain why all these girls want to play for you. It never accured to me that this might be JH. I just figured some crazy hockey parent. Wow.....I can see by attacking a player you don't even know, the Lakeville program, all the other 03's in the state, and even recently the 02's I get why everyone is running to play for Team USA 03. Well JH rumor has it there is a group out there putting together a team of 03's that may just want that game. Not sure they will play for the 10k you put up. Who would pay the 10k if you lost the parents? Or would you have another tryout at maybe $200 a crack to cover the wager? Well I am sure that won't happen because according to you all the top 03's are with you and the rest are mis-fits. And you wonder why people are tired of hearing about the great 03's. I have seen them play nice group of talent to bad zero character guys like you give them a bad wrap. Good luck coach!

InigoMontoya
Posts: 1719
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by InigoMontoya » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:12 am

This is starting to look like the Brick threads on the boys' side, but with more name calling.

jg2112
Posts: 518
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:36 am

Post by jg2112 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:22 am

Wow. Look what happens when you leave the board overnight!

The girls who made this team are all high-end players. Of course there are other girls that could have made the team. I can think of 15 other girls that are worthy candidates for the team (I was definitely surprised by one name not being on the "made" list). Did they try out? Did they want to do this?

Ultimately, who cares?

The girls who made it are going. And I don't see why anybody should be criticizing the MN 03s. They're great players. They work hard, and they are helping to raise the competitive spirit of the 2003 age group, because I know a lot of girls, including my daughter, love to compete with and against them.

Mavs
Posts: 448
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:35 am

Post by Mavs » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:48 am

jg2112 wrote:Wow. Look what happens when you leave the board overnight!

The girls who made this team are all high-end players. Of course there are other girls that could have made the team. I can think of 15 other girls that are worthy candidates for the team (I was definitely surprised by one name not being on the "made" list). Did they try out? Did they want to do this?

Ultimately, who cares?

The girls who made it are going. And I don't see why anybody should be criticizing the MN 03s. They're great players. They work hard, and they are helping to raise the competitive spirit of the 2003 age group, because I know a lot of girls, including my daughter, love to compete with and against them.
Who?

I would assume any of these teams if they have Machine people in charge there will be more Machine kids. If they have OS people involved there will be more OS kids. If they have Miracle Gold people involved there will be more MG kids...it is what it is.

I know a lot of the names here but certainly don't know enough to know who should be on it and who shouldn't but politics (really just networking) will always be at play in these situations and it all depends on if you are in or out of the network if its a good or bad thing.

Last year Zamboni said it was almost all Machine 02. I don't blame them if that is who was doing a lot of the behind the scenes recruiting and getting players to tryout. These aren't really blind tryouts, I can only assume they have a "good idea" who they want going in but kids can surprise in a good or bad way and jump up or fall back in the tryouts. Other kids come in and their reputation trumps their tryout. Doesn't mean its a bad thing and there are plenty of people that do A LOT of work with certain age groups. If you want in, you need to get on the radar of certain people. You don't have to like it.

If you get cut, life lesson and go back to work I guess.

Too much $$$ for a lot of people. I have never done it.

zambonidriver
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:31 am

Post by zambonidriver » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:51 am

My daughter played last year had a great time! The coaches were picked by legacy global sports and did a great job. Former D 1 players and more importantly female.I can honestly say speaking from the tryout experience last year that it was fair and unbiased. The Mn 03's are a great team it was a very good idea to put them together and travel. It proves how good MN hockey is! Anyone could have signed up for the tryout. I can tell you That the roster will be different than the list of people who made the team based on school and finance. More importantly than hockey was the education my daughter received
from the cultural experience of the trip.

Gotothenetman
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:06 pm

Post by Gotothenetman » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:56 am

jg2112 wrote:Wow. Look what happens when you leave the board overnight!

The girls who made this team are all high-end players. Of course there are other girls that could have made the team. I can think of 15 other girls that are worthy candidates for the team (I was definitely surprised by one name not being on the "made" list). Did they try out? Did they want to do this?

Ultimately, who cares?

The girls who made it are going. And I don't see why anybody should be criticizing the MN 03s. They're great players. They work hard, and they are helping to raise the competitive spirit of the 2003 age group, because I know a lot of girls, including my daughter, love to compete with and against them.
JG you got it right they are good players, but know one cares. That is why I say just go play and stop telling everyone how great you are.

I don't mean you JG I mean the others who can't stop themselves.

Gotothenetman
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:06 pm

Post by Gotothenetman » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:08 am

zambonidriver wrote:My daughter played last year had a great time! The coaches were picked by legacy global sports and did a great job. Former D 1 players and more importantly female.I can honestly say speaking from the tryout experience last year that it was fair and unbiased. The Mn 03's are a great team it was a very good idea to put them together and travel. It proves how good MN hockey is! Anyone could have signed up for the tryout. I can tell you That the roster will be different than the list of people who made the team based on school and finance. More importantly than hockey was the education my daughter received
from the cultural experience of the trip.
Zam you sad it very well and I don't think anyone has a issue with those wanting the experience I am sure it was great.

I think the two big issues are if your going to promote a tryout and charge $100 have a fair tryout. I think that is responsible to ask.

2nd people are tired of hearing abut how great these 12 & 13 yeas olds are and the arogance of that group. Anyone with any experience knows that this will change a lot by the time they are in high school.

So just go play, be good, keep your mouths shut and not mis-lead people. Again I am not talking to you Zam, but to the 03 group.

zambonidriver
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:31 am

Post by zambonidriver » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:42 am

With regards to playing 02's The best 02's are not just on the Machine. For a share of 10,000 you could have tryouts. it' would have to to be the best out of 7 though. I think I could find some 02's that would want to play these girls. I can think of 10 right off the top of my head starting with a Goalie.

Gotothenetman
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:06 pm

Post by Gotothenetman » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:46 am

zambonidriver wrote:With regards to playing 02's The best 02's are not just on the Machine. For a share of 10,000 you could have tryouts. it' would have to to be the best out of 7 though. I think I could find some 02's that would want to play these girls. I can think of 10 right off the top of my head starting with a Goalie.
Zam your in how about a 60/40 split of the 10k?

zambonidriver
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:31 am

Post by zambonidriver » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:57 am

Gotothenetman wrote:
zambonidriver wrote:With regards to playing 02's The best 02's are not just on the Machine. For a share of 10,000 you could have tryouts. it' would have to to be the best out of 7 though. I think I could find some 02's that would want to play these girls. I can think of 10 right off the top of my head starting with a Goalie.
Zam your in how about a 60/40 split of the 10k?
me 60 you 40?

Gotothenetman
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:06 pm

Post by Gotothenetman » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:00 am

zambonidriver wrote:
Gotothenetman wrote:
zambonidriver wrote:With regards to playing 02's The best 02's are not just on the Machine. For a share of 10,000 you could have tryouts. it' would have to to be the best out of 7 though. I think I could find some 02's that would want to play these girls. I can think of 10 right off the top of my head starting with a Goalie.
Zam your in how about a 60/40 split of the 10k?
me 60 you 40?
I suppose I guess 4K is better than getting told how great the MN 03's are!

zambonidriver
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:31 am

Post by zambonidriver » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:09 am

Gotothenetman wrote:
zambonidriver wrote:
Gotothenetman wrote:
zambonidriver wrote:With regards to playing 02's The best 02's are not just on the Machine. For a share of 10,000 you could have tryouts. it' would have to to be the best out of 7 though. I think I could find some 02's that would want to play these girls. I can think of 10 right off the top of my head starting with a Goalie.
Zam your in how about a 60/40 split of the 10k?
me 60 you 40?
I suppose I guess 4K is better than getting told how great the MN 03's are!
They are good players though and JL is a really good coach

Gotothenetman
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:06 pm

Post by Gotothenetman » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:18 am

zambonidriver wrote:
Gotothenetman wrote:
zambonidriver wrote:
Gotothenetman wrote:
zambonidriver wrote:With regards to playing 02's The best 02's are not just on the Machine. For a share of 10,000 you could have tryouts. it' would have to to be the best out of 7 though. I think I could find some 02's that would want to play these girls. I can think of 10 right off the top of my head starting with a Goalie.
Zam your in how about a 60/40 split of the 10k?
me 60 you 40?
I suppose I guess 4K is better than getting told how great the MN 03's are!
They are good players though and JL is a really good coach
Agreed I think they are a good group. I think you could find another 15 and they would be a good group as well and probably equal. On JL don't know enough about him as a coach to make any judgement so I take your word on that. The good news is 4K will buy my not very good youngest plenty of training. Maybe she will end up like her sister. Bernie always says players are made not born so 4K will do the trick I think.

TheMayor
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:35 am

Post by TheMayor » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:43 am

Mavs wrote:
jg2112 wrote:Wow. Look what happens when you leave the board overnight!

The girls who made this team are all high-end players. Of course there are other girls that could have made the team. I can think of 15 other girls that are worthy candidates for the team (I was definitely surprised by one name not being on the "made" list). Did they try out? Did they want to do this?

Ultimately, who cares?

The girls who made it are going. And I don't see why anybody should be criticizing the MN 03s. They're great players. They work hard, and they are helping to raise the competitive spirit of the 2003 age group, because I know a lot of girls, including my daughter, love to compete with and against them.
Who?

I would assume any of these teams if they have Machine people in charge there will be more Machine kids. If they have OS people involved there will be more OS kids. If they have Miracle Gold people involved there will be more MG kids...it is what it is.

I know a lot of the names here but certainly don't know enough to know who should be on it and who shouldn't but politics (really just networking) will always be at play in these situations and it all depends on if you are in or out of the network if its a good or bad thing.

Last year Zamboni said it was almost all Machine 02. I don't blame them if that is who was doing a lot of the behind the scenes recruiting and getting players to tryout. These aren't really blind tryouts, I can only assume they have a "good idea" who they want going in but kids can surprise in a good or bad way and jump up or fall back in the tryouts. Other kids come in and their reputation trumps their tryout. Doesn't mean its a bad thing and there are plenty of people that do A LOT of work with certain age groups. If you want in, you need to get on the radar of certain people. You don't have to like it.

If you get cut, life lesson and go back to work I guess.

Too much $$$ for a lot of people. I have never done it.
"it is what it is" - Exactly the point of previous posters - if it's not a tryout, then don't imply that it is

"it all depends on if you are in or out of the network if its a good or bad thing" - Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, in the network or out should be okay with a pre-determined "tryout". What you call "networking" most would call politics. Don't take my money if I'm not wearing the right colored socks.

"If you get cut, life lesson and go back to work I guess" - The most overused BS line I've ever heard. So if a player that is outside the "network," but is a better player, gets cut, she simply should go work harder? Maybe she already works harder than anyone else, and simply got robbed. Is that possible?

Gotothenetman
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:06 pm

Post by Gotothenetman » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:45 am

TheMayor wrote:
Mavs wrote:
jg2112 wrote:Wow. Look what happens when you leave the board overnight!

The girls who made this team are all high-end players. Of course there are other girls that could have made the team. I can think of 15 other girls that are worthy candidates for the team (I was definitely surprised by one name not being on the "made" list). Did they try out? Did they want to do this?

Ultimately, who cares?

The girls who made it are going. And I don't see why anybody should be criticizing the MN 03s. They're great players. They work hard, and they are helping to raise the competitive spirit of the 2003 age group, because I know a lot of girls, including my daughter, love to compete with and against them.
Who?

I would assume any of these teams if they have Machine people in charge there will be more Machine kids. If they have OS people involved there will be more OS kids. If they have Miracle Gold people involved there will be more MG kids...it is what it is.

I know a lot of the names here but certainly don't know enough to know who should be on it and who shouldn't but politics (really just networking) will always be at play in these situations and it all depends on if you are in or out of the network if its a good or bad thing.

Last year Zamboni said it was almost all Machine 02. I don't blame them if that is who was doing a lot of the behind the scenes recruiting and getting players to tryout. These aren't really blind tryouts, I can only assume they have a "good idea" who they want going in but kids can surprise in a good or bad way and jump up or fall back in the tryouts. Other kids come in and their reputation trumps their tryout. Doesn't mean its a bad thing and there are plenty of people that do A LOT of work with certain age groups. If you want in, you need to get on the radar of certain people. You don't have to like it.

If you get cut, life lesson and go back to work I guess.

Too much $$$ for a lot of people. I have never done it.
"it is what it is" - Exactly the point of previous posters - if it's not a tryout, then don't imply that it is

"it all depends on if you are in or out of the network if its a good or bad thing" - Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, in the network or out should be okay with a pre-determined "tryout". What you call "networking" most would call politics. Don't take my money if I'm not wearing the right colored socks.

"If you get cut, life lesson and go back to work I guess" - The most overused BS line I've ever heard. So if a player that is outside the "network," but is a better player, gets cut, she simply should go work harder? Maybe she already works harder than anyone else, and simply got robbed. Is that possible?
Hello Mayor - thank you finally someone who gets it.

Mavs
Posts: 448
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:35 am

Post by Mavs » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:14 pm

TheMayor wrote:
Mavs wrote:
jg2112 wrote:Wow. Look what happens when you leave the board overnight!

The girls who made this team are all high-end players. Of course there are other girls that could have made the team. I can think of 15 other girls that are worthy candidates for the team (I was definitely surprised by one name not being on the "made" list). Did they try out? Did they want to do this?

Ultimately, who cares?

The girls who made it are going. And I don't see why anybody should be criticizing the MN 03s. They're great players. They work hard, and they are helping to raise the competitive spirit of the 2003 age group, because I know a lot of girls, including my daughter, love to compete with and against them.
Who?

I would assume any of these teams if they have Machine people in charge there will be more Machine kids. If they have OS people involved there will be more OS kids. If they have Miracle Gold people involved there will be more MG kids...it is what it is.

I know a lot of the names here but certainly don't know enough to know who should be on it and who shouldn't but politics (really just networking) will always be at play in these situations and it all depends on if you are in or out of the network if its a good or bad thing.

Last year Zamboni said it was almost all Machine 02. I don't blame them if that is who was doing a lot of the behind the scenes recruiting and getting players to tryout. These aren't really blind tryouts, I can only assume they have a "good idea" who they want going in but kids can surprise in a good or bad way and jump up or fall back in the tryouts. Other kids come in and their reputation trumps their tryout. Doesn't mean its a bad thing and there are plenty of people that do A LOT of work with certain age groups. If you want in, you need to get on the radar of certain people. You don't have to like it.

If you get cut, life lesson and go back to work I guess.

Too much $$$ for a lot of people. I have never done it.
"it is what it is" - Exactly the point of previous posters - if it's not a tryout, then don't imply that it is

"it all depends on if you are in or out of the network if its a good or bad thing" - Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, in the network or out should be okay with a pre-determined "tryout". What you call "networking" most would call politics. Don't take my money if I'm not wearing the right colored socks.

"If you get cut, life lesson and go back to work I guess" - The most overused BS line I've ever heard. So if a player that is outside the "network," but is a better player, gets cut, she simply should go work harder? Maybe she already works harder than anyone else, and simply got robbed. Is that possible?
I don't disagree with you, I know its a reality. I am not in "the network" and my kids have not tried out for this team. I expect that there are politics in play. If you looked great in tryouts, they would still take you but its an uphill battle.

I'm not saying its right, I am just saying it is.

Again, I don't have a dog in the fight but if my daughter was cut due to politics then I would tell her to tie up her skates and play her butt off when she plays against those kids and coaches.

Mavs
Posts: 448
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:35 am

Post by Mavs » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:26 pm

TheMayor wrote:
Mavs wrote:
jg2112 wrote:Wow. Look what happens when you leave the board overnight!

The girls who made this team are all high-end players. Of course there are other girls that could have made the team. I can think of 15 other girls that are worthy candidates for the team (I was definitely surprised by one name not being on the "made" list). Did they try out? Did they want to do this?

Ultimately, who cares?

The girls who made it are going. And I don't see why anybody should be criticizing the MN 03s. They're great players. They work hard, and they are helping to raise the competitive spirit of the 2003 age group, because I know a lot of girls, including my daughter, love to compete with and against them.
Who?

I would assume any of these teams if they have Machine people in charge there will be more Machine kids. If they have OS people involved there will be more OS kids. If they have Miracle Gold people involved there will be more MG kids...it is what it is.

I know a lot of the names here but certainly don't know enough to know who should be on it and who shouldn't but politics (really just networking) will always be at play in these situations and it all depends on if you are in or out of the network if its a good or bad thing.

Last year Zamboni said it was almost all Machine 02. I don't blame them if that is who was doing a lot of the behind the scenes recruiting and getting players to tryout. These aren't really blind tryouts, I can only assume they have a "good idea" who they want going in but kids can surprise in a good or bad way and jump up or fall back in the tryouts. Other kids come in and their reputation trumps their tryout. Doesn't mean its a bad thing and there are plenty of people that do A LOT of work with certain age groups. If you want in, you need to get on the radar of certain people. You don't have to like it.

If you get cut, life lesson and go back to work I guess.

Too much $$$ for a lot of people. I have never done it.
"it is what it is" - Exactly the point of previous posters - if it's not a tryout, then don't imply that it is

"it all depends on if you are in or out of the network if its a good or bad thing" - Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, in the network or out should be okay with a pre-determined "tryout". What you call "networking" most would call politics. Don't take my money if I'm not wearing the right colored socks.

"If you get cut, life lesson and go back to work I guess" - The most overused BS line I've ever heard. So if a player that is outside the "network," but is a better player, gets cut, she simply should go work harder? Maybe she already works harder than anyone else, and simply got robbed. Is that possible?
Not only is it possible that she got jobbed, it might even be probable . My question is do we want to teach the kid that she got "screwed" (even if reality) or teach them that this kind of crap happens in life and its about how you react to it. Prove to them they were wrong.

I am not saying its okay. I also agree that its not likely a "true tryout" when the coaches have a really good idea who they want going in. That is a stacked deck, I agree.

Were there some obvious omissions?

NORTHWOODS HOCKEY
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:13 am

Post by NORTHWOODS HOCKEY » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:27 pm

Gotothenetman wrote:
TheMayor wrote:
Mavs wrote:
jg2112 wrote:Wow. Look what happens when you leave the board overnight!

The girls who made this team are all high-end players. Of course there are other girls that could have made the team. I can think of 15 other girls that are worthy candidates for the team (I was definitely surprised by one name not being on the "made" list). Did they try out? Did they want to do this?

Ultimately, who cares?

The girls who made it are going. And I don't see why anybody should be criticizing the MN 03s. They're great players. They work hard, and they are helping to raise the competitive spirit of the 2003 age group, because I know a lot of girls, including my daughter, love to compete with and against them.
Who?

I would assume any of these teams if they have Machine people in charge there will be more Machine kids. If they have OS people involved there will be more OS kids. If they have Miracle Gold people involved there will be more MG kids...it is what it is.

I know a lot of the names here but certainly don't know enough to know who should be on it and who shouldn't but politics (really just networking) will always be at play in these situations and it all depends on if you are in or out of the network if its a good or bad thing.

Last year Zamboni said it was almost all Machine 02. I don't blame them if that is who was doing a lot of the behind the scenes recruiting and getting players to tryout. These aren't really blind tryouts, I can only assume they have a "good idea" who they want going in but kids can surprise in a good or bad way and jump up or fall back in the tryouts. Other kids come in and their reputation trumps their tryout. Doesn't mean its a bad thing and there are plenty of people that do A LOT of work with certain age groups. If you want in, you need to get on the radar of certain people. You don't have to like it.

If you get cut, life lesson and go back to work I guess.

Too much $$$ for a lot of people. I have never done it.
"it is what it is" - Exactly the point of previous posters - if it's not a tryout, then don't imply that it is

"it all depends on if you are in or out of the network if its a good or bad thing" - Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, in the network or out should be okay with a pre-determined "tryout". What you call "networking" most would call politics. Don't take my money if I'm not wearing the right colored socks.

"If you get cut, life lesson and go back to work I guess" - The most overused BS line I've ever heard. So if a player that is outside the "network," but is a better player, gets cut, she simply should go work harder? Maybe she already works harder than anyone else, and simply got robbed. Is that possible?
Hello Mayor - thank you finally someone who gets it.
Wow, one person agrees with a statement of yours and he/she somehow is the only one who gets it? It wasn't even a factual statement. You have provide nothing to back up your opinion or rants to prove any of what you say is true.

I certainly was mistaken when I thought you were on here to prove your smarter than everyone. Now you just sound more like an assistant 12UA coach from Lakeville that is extremely bitter about something. By the way, your daughter is a lot better than you give her credit for.

A bit of unsolicited advice, maybe a life lesson if you will, don't use "Zambonidriver" as someone to bolster your position on something - you immediately lose any credit you started with.

zambonidriver
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:31 am

Post by zambonidriver » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:30 pm

NORTHWOODS HOCKEY wrote:
Gotothenetman wrote:
TheMayor wrote:
Mavs wrote:
jg2112 wrote:Wow. Look what happens when you leave the board overnight!

The girls who made this team are all high-end players. Of course there are other girls that could have made the team. I can think of 15 other girls that are worthy candidates for the team (I was definitely surprised by one name not being on the "made" list). Did they try out? Did they want to do this?

Ultimately, who cares?

The girls who made it are going. And I don't see why anybody should be criticizing the MN 03s. They're great players. They work hard, and they are helping to raise the competitive spirit of the 2003 age group, because I know a lot of girls, including my daughter, love to compete with and against them.
Who?

I would assume any of these teams if they have Machine people in charge there will be more Machine kids. If they have OS people involved there will be more OS kids. If they have Miracle Gold people involved there will be more MG kids...it is what it is.

I know a lot of the names here but certainly don't know enough to know who should be on it and who shouldn't but politics (really just networking) will always be at play in these situations and it all depends on if you are in or out of the network if its a good or bad thing.

Last year Zamboni said it was almost all Machine 02. I don't blame them if that is who was doing a lot of the behind the scenes recruiting and getting players to tryout. These aren't really blind tryouts, I can only assume they have a "good idea" who they want going in but kids can surprise in a good or bad way and jump up or fall back in the tryouts. Other kids come in and their reputation trumps their tryout. Doesn't mean its a bad thing and there are plenty of people that do A LOT of work with certain age groups. If you want in, you need to get on the radar of certain people. You don't have to like it.

If you get cut, life lesson and go back to work I guess.

Too much $$$ for a lot of people. I have never done it.
"it is what it is" - Exactly the point of previous posters - if it's not a tryout, then don't imply that it is

"it all depends on if you are in or out of the network if its a good or bad thing" - Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, in the network or out should be okay with a pre-determined "tryout". What you call "networking" most would call politics. Don't take my money if I'm not wearing the right colored socks.

"If you get cut, life lesson and go back to work I guess" - The most overused BS line I've ever heard. So if a player that is outside the "network," but is a better player, gets cut, she simply should go work harder? Maybe she already works harder than anyone else, and simply got robbed. Is that possible?
Hello Mayor - thank you finally someone who gets it.
Wow, one person agrees with a statement of yours and he/she somehow is the only one who gets it? It wasn't even a factual statement. You have provide nothing to back up your opinion or rants to prove any of what you say is true.

I certainly was mistaken when I thought you were on here to prove your smarter than everyone. Now you just sound more like an assistant 12UA coach from Lakeville that is extremely bitter about something. By the way, your daughter is a lot better than you give her credit for.

A bit of unsolicited advice, maybe a life lesson if you will, don't use "Zambonidriver" as someone to bolster your position on something - you immediately lose any credit you started with.
So Northwoods anyone who doesn't agree with you is not credible? To tell you the truth I thought the whole thread was hilarious. You know what's funny? The kids could care less about all of this BS. We will see one HS starts. My guess all of our paths will cross. The kids who have true passion and can play a team game will continue to get better the rest will fall away. I hope all of your children will continue to develop.

NORTHWOODS HOCKEY
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:13 am

Post by NORTHWOODS HOCKEY » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:37 am

zambonidriver wrote:
NORTHWOODS HOCKEY wrote:
Gotothenetman wrote:
TheMayor wrote:
Mavs wrote:
jg2112 wrote:Wow. Look what happens when you leave the board overnight!

The girls who made this team are all high-end players. Of course there are other girls that could have made the team. I can think of 15 other girls that are worthy candidates for the team (I was definitely surprised by one name not being on the "made" list). Did they try out? Did they want to do this?

Ultimately, who cares?

The girls who made it are going. And I don't see why anybody should be criticizing the MN 03s. They're great players. They work hard, and they are helping to raise the competitive spirit of the 2003 age group, because I know a lot of girls, including my daughter, love to compete with and against them.
Who?

I would assume any of these teams if they have Machine people in charge there will be more Machine kids. If they have OS people involved there will be more OS kids. If they have Miracle Gold people involved there will be more MG kids...it is what it is.

I know a lot of the names here but certainly don't know enough to know who should be on it and who shouldn't but politics (really just networking) will always be at play in these situations and it all depends on if you are in or out of the network if its a good or bad thing.

Last year Zamboni said it was almost all Machine 02. I don't blame them if that is who was doing a lot of the behind the scenes recruiting and getting players to tryout. These aren't really blind tryouts, I can only assume they have a "good idea" who they want going in but kids can surprise in a good or bad way and jump up or fall back in the tryouts. Other kids come in and their reputation trumps their tryout. Doesn't mean its a bad thing and there are plenty of people that do A LOT of work with certain age groups. If you want in, you need to get on the radar of certain people. You don't have to like it.

If you get cut, life lesson and go back to work I guess.

Too much $$$ for a lot of people. I have never done it.
"it is what it is" - Exactly the point of previous posters - if it's not a tryout, then don't imply that it is

"it all depends on if you are in or out of the network if its a good or bad thing" - Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, in the network or out should be okay with a pre-determined "tryout". What you call "networking" most would call politics. Don't take my money if I'm not wearing the right colored socks.

"If you get cut, life lesson and go back to work I guess" - The most overused BS line I've ever heard. So if a player that is outside the "network," but is a better player, gets cut, she simply should go work harder? Maybe she already works harder than anyone else, and simply got robbed. Is that possible?
Hello Mayor - thank you finally someone who gets it.
Wow, one person agrees with a statement of yours and he/she somehow is the only one who gets it? It wasn't even a factual statement. You have provide nothing to back up your opinion or rants to prove any of what you say is true.

I certainly was mistaken when I thought you were on here to prove your smarter than everyone. Now you just sound more like an assistant 12UA coach from Lakeville that is extremely bitter about something. By the way, your daughter is a lot better than you give her credit for.

A bit of unsolicited advice, maybe a life lesson if you will, don't use "Zambonidriver" as someone to bolster your position on something - you immediately lose any credit you started with.
So Northwoods anyone who doesn't agree with you is not credible? To tell you the truth I thought the whole thread was hilarious. You know what's funny? The kids could care less about all of this BS. We will see one HS starts. My guess all of our paths will cross. The kids who have true passion and can play a team game will continue to get better the rest will fall away. I hope all of your children will continue to develop.
Not at all "Zambonidriver". Mature discussions on any difference of opinion, typically educates the party's involved and will gain both sides credibility, especially if their opinions have some factual basis. Introducing an opinion as an absolute fact, generalizing a group of people by putting them into one category and/or going after a group of youth hockey players, loses credibility - in my opinion. All of which happened in this thread and have happened in other threads of which you either started or participated in.

Now, your comments in this thread were positive and supportive. It was a refreshing change.

And as with you, I thought the thread was entertaining as well.

HuskiesHockey
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 9:13 am

Post by HuskiesHockey » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:26 am

I deeply regret allowing Gotothenet to get me upset like he did. I was very angry and said some things that were inappropriate. To be clear, I have never said that we have all of the best 2003 girls in the state and I did not say there weren’t 2002s that could beat us; just that Gotothenet wouldn’t be able to round them up.
The reason I was so offended and frustrated with his comments was that it seemed so easy for him to discredit the hard work of the girls who made that team and to impugn the integrity of all involved in team selection. For the record, the MN03 coaches were not involved with picking this team. I was never asked to select players for this team and I never even attended the tryout for the team, it isn’t our thing, we have no affiliation. Regarding your accusation that our elitist, members only group is just for the inner circle, etc. is offensive and inaccurate. I was asked to notify possible candidates about the Legacy Team Minnesota tryouts and I sent out 60-70 emails letting people know about it. That means 40-50 of those people chose not to attend. Several other people invited players also. That certainly doesn’t sound like a group trying to eliminate candidates for this team does it? Were we perfect? Did we get 100% of every possible player that deserved to tryout? I would say that I’m sure we didn’t and it may not even be possible. The effort was made to be sure.
Regarding the tryout itself, I heard it was unbelievably competitive and there wasn’t a ton of separation at times. I’m sure picking the team was very difficult and there is a chance that one of the players not selected might be better than one of the players who was selected, not a first for a tryout would you agree? To accuse people of purposely taking lesser players because they are in “the network” is an ugly accusation and should not be thrown around so easily. Similar shots were taken last year and the team was a goal away from winning the championship in Italy, sounds like they might have gotten it pretty close. By the way, if I’m so inner circle then why didn’t my daughter make it when she tried out for this team last year? You don’t need to answer; I’ll tell you what I told her, she didn’t have a very good tryout and based on that she didn’t deserve to go. I suppose it would have been more fun to tell her she was victimized by an unfair system and that no matter how hard she works she will never make it, but that wasn’t the case and it certainly wouldn’t have been good for her to hear. Newsflash: tryouts are an imperfect system. I trust that the guy coaching this team would actually like to win or at least compete at a high level when he takes this team to Europe and would take the kids that he thinks would best help him to do that.
Regarding MN03’s; I personally don’t care for a one or two day tryout process. I don’t think it tells you everything you need to know about a player. Most of the girls selected for MN03’s were watched over an extended period of time in many different environments before they were invited to play. I am going to guess that we have invited 60-70 2003 birth year girls to skate with us at different times over the past couple of years, mostly with our Sunday night 3 on 3 hockey group. I have acted with integrity in this process and been involved with many very tough decisions that were made because it was the fair thing to do and not the easy thing to do. We have always struggled with being loyal to girls who have played with us versus adding very good players who deserve a chance to play with us going forward. One of my best friends in the world has a 2003 daughter who has never played with us, so much for the good old boys network huh? I know it’s easy and convenient for you to throw around stereotypes, mischaracterizations, and baseless accusations but that certainly doesn’t make it right. We do not think we’re better than anybody as people. We have a great group of girls that I care very much for. I can’t answer for everybody else but I am doing this for the life experience for my kid. My only dream for her is to play high school sports and develop into a great person, anything beyond that would be awesome but that’s not why I’m in this. I consider myself very fortunate to be able to do things that I can do with my daughter and I feel blessed that she happens to be pretty good at hockey and loves it more than anything. I don’t want to be painted as a nut job psycho parent living through my kid as it offends me greatly and I do not think it is accurate at all. I do regret getting so upset at you and shouldn’t have said some of the things I did but I do wish that you, and those like you, would consider what they’re saying before so easily discrediting youth players and those giving their time to make some pretty cool experiences for them. Thank goodness the kids are not aware of all of this drama, I am grateful for that.
I wish everyone the best.

disclaimer: these statements are MINE and not necessarily reflective of the MN03's. They are MY opinions, MY experiences, and MY observations

Snap Happy
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:39 pm

Post by Snap Happy » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:13 am

Gotothenetman wrote:
HuskiesHockey wrote:
Gotothenetman wrote:
HuskiesHockey wrote:
Gotothenetman wrote:
HuskiesHockey wrote:
Gotothenetman wrote:
HuskiesHockey wrote:
Gotothenetman wrote:
HuskiesHockey wrote:
Gotothenetman wrote:
hunting247 wrote:
Gotothenetman wrote:
hunting247 wrote:
Gotothenetman wrote:
hunting247 wrote:
Gotothenetman wrote:
hunting247 wrote:
Gotothenetman wrote:
hunting247 wrote:
Gotothenetman wrote:
NORTHWOODS HOCKEY wrote:
Gotothenetman wrote:
hunting247 wrote:Team Minnesota Roster

Position First Name Last Name Winter Team Name
Defense Gretchen Branton Wayzata Trojans
Defense Madison Clough Andover
Defense Brenna Fuhrman Farmington
Defense Brooke Pioske Mound
Defense Anna Podein Minneapolis Storm
Defense Emily Zumwinkle Minnetonka
Forward Shelbi Guttormson Moorhead
Forward Olivia Haag Grand Rapids
Forward Peyton Hemp** Andover
Forward Gabby Krause Andover
Forward Grace Kuipers Eden Prairie
Forward Sadie Lindsay Minnetonka
Forward Mckenzie Rich Rochester
Forward Kylie Roberts Andover
Forward Tristana Tatur Miracle Gold
Goalie Brooke Cassibo MN Made - Machine Orange
Goalie Alexandra Pellicci PLSHA U12A
** Injured

Team Minnesota Alternates (alphabetical order by position):
Defense Nina Langley Minnesota Machine Orange
Forward Claire Enright Machine / MN 04's
Forward Jayden Seifert Machine Orange 03
Forward Tyra Turner Andover
I could have saved everyone the tryout fee and time and put this list out. This was picked well before the tryout. Wait until you get the call from them asking to contribute to their fundraiser to help pay for their trip.
If this is not something you would do or support, then why not just leave it alone and choose not to contribute to their fundraiser.

I guess the question should be asked; If you knew who made it and who was on the list beforehand, then why didn't you post it before the tryout?

You could have proven how smart you are, instead of having to come on here after the fact and telling everyone how smart you are, or were.
First of all Congrats on your daughter making the team.
Second I was not trying to prove my intelligence.
Third it is well know who controls everything 03
Forth I was just pointing this out so for future things people don't waste their time.
Fifth no my daughter is not a 03 and doing just fine, but it is stuff like this that is what is wrong with youth sports today.
Sixth my guess is this group of parents are already making hotel arraignments for the 2024 Olympics.
7th you sure were sensitive to my post must have struck a nerve or maybe spilled the truth.
Please enlighten all of us who "controls" the 03's?
why is this whats wrong with youth sports? just because families want to have a great life experience you have to bash it?
Nope because it should be a even playing field for all that want to have a great life experience. Not just a chosen group. Or if that is what they want to advertise a tryout just put the group together and go.
My daughter was never invited to try out, we just signed her up and she made the team. So it's pretty obvious you have no idea what you are talking about
Hunting if I may ask and if your bold enough to answer honestly who does your daughter play for in the summer season? This will help provide some insight. I would bet you I know a lot more than you think my man.
The team doesn't matter, she was the only player from her team to tryout. I heard about the Italy trip last year and thought it would be fun to play in Europe, so I researched how to tryout. Again please enlighten all of us with your vast knowledge
I figured you would not be bold enough to share. I will not put names on the board it is not appropriate. Good luck on your trip hope your daughter plays plenty.
Bitter table of one! Bitter table of one!
Well if your not one of the core like you say, but you really have not said that because your not bold enough to share. You may end up calling your own name "bitter" when you get to see the playing time on team USA because I am sure the goal will be to win at all cost for America.
And I see know your one of the "everyone gets equal playing time" parents. Ha ah that's too bad. Just because your children didn't ever make the best team or was the one who got sat you hold resentment against everyone else who succeeds in hockey where your children failed. I deal with parents like you all the time. It's really sad actually I feel bad for you I really do.
Funny I never said don't play to win at all costs. What I said was you may be bitter if your daughter does not play a lot. Unless you are part of the core which you might be then she will. I am not a fair play parent and happen to have two older players both playing college hockey. One male and one female. I get the win at all cost just hope you are ok with it and don't come back bitter after all the $$$$$ spent. Again if you are the core your fine, but you would already know that.
You certainly come off as being bitter. This team was not picked ahead of time as you state. I don't know what your motivation is to make an accusation like that but I will tell you that I am extremely knowledgable about this group and the people involved and nobody knew who was making this team until after tryouts when the team was picked. I have talked to several people who made the trip last year and every one of them had positive feedback which is pretty impressive considering the price tag. It appears that most of the players played on the top two AAA teams at their age and a few were from other teams, seems pretty reasonable. It's your choice to be an unreasonable, bitter person but you come of as ridiculous.
You see I am also very close To this group since my youngest is only 1 year older. I think it's funny after being fortunate to have two older players go through the youth ranks and end up college players to watch all the parents at this age drink the kool aid about what you need to do, where you need to play where you should travel all so they can maybe make it to college. You all can relax I have been through it the best players will raise to the top and be found. I have real life proof. My youngest will not, but maybe if I fly her all over the world she just might. I would say that is ridiculous. I am guessing old JH, NK, JL, SP they got you all sold.
Just because you have kids that play in college it doesn't preclude you from being a clown. Nobody is promising anything to anybody. I don't think any of these people think that a trip to Europe or playing with a certain group ensures them anything at the next level. In my experience these people enjoy the opportunity to have their daughters play with very talented girls their own age. Europe is not a good return on investment from a hockey perspective, I think it is a once in a lifetime opportunity to experience something unique and the people that have gone seem to back that up. The implication that the people running things aren't open to giving opportunities to the best players is ridiculous. The MN03's roster changes every year to create opportunities for more players. You either don't know what you're talking about or are so bitter that you don't care to get it right.
Huskie I know the AAA landscape very well at the 01,02,03 levels. You see I was asked to watch the up coming kids for my daughters college coach back here in MN. I have been helping out for a couple of years now. So I take the time to know who is who and the landscape. I love the whole MN 03's thing. I can't wait to see the central scouts list in a few years to compare it to team USA or I mean MN 03'. The best part is this clown will get to see it because I am involved unlike you a parent with blinders on.
I wear no blinders my friend. My daughter will be who she will be with or without the travel and with or without the MN03's. She very much has enjoyed the experience and will continue to do so until she is no longer welcome or she no longer enjoys it. I'm sure you're quite a scout. Do you automatically discount players who choose to travel because it rubs you wrong? Seems a little silly to judge people for how they choose to spend their time and money. My daughter will continue to be a good player because she has passion for the game and works very hard not because she travels or is on a particular team. You seem to be an expert though because your kid's college coach asked you to keep an eye out for players, wow! Is that a paying position? i still say you're awfully bitter that your youngest is being left out because she isn't very good. Keep bashing the good players, maybe that will help yours come around.
Oh silly me I am so embarrassed I can't believe it took me this long to figure it out. Huskie Hockey see I was thinking college hockey, but I am guessing the ole Huskies you speak is the Andover Huskies! This all makes perfect sense now why your so senstive. Let's review the team again and see how many we can find from Huskie Hockey? Better yet let's see how many have recently found there way to Huskie hockey from other towns to chance the dream.
You're a genius I guess? Amateur detective? Reality: a lot of good players from huskies tried out for team and made it. Please continue to be jealous I find it flattering. Lakeville south or north? Great youth program BTW. Ice Cougars 02? Which stud is it? not sensitive I'm just not a bitter POS that judges people for providing opportunities for their kids.
Well your not quite the detective I am, but nice for you to take a shot at the Lakeville teams now. But if I did move to Lakeville I would probably go with North I like there colors better. Just curious where is the coach for this Europe team from? Any idea where the coach for team USA 03's from? I must be starting to get closer to the nerve now I bet. But I guess I am not In tune with this age group. Also I don't think the 02 Cougars are all that great and certainly not in the league of the Great 03's but they are just some girls looking to get better and strive to be like the Huskie girls. I do have to say I did love watching the Cambridge Huskie 02 player very skilled, great motor, would probably make team USA 03 I think, but wrong birth year missed it by a couple months. I hope the $ 100 tryout fee raised enough money to get new USA bags, a warmup and coat for mom with their name on it.
I guess now I'm just confused? What was your outrage about? You don't like people spending their money to go Europe or you think the wrong team was picked? Did your daughter tryout last year and not get picked? There is an implication that something unfair was done but you don't specify. You talk about your credentials but I fail to see how they translate to knowledge of the girls 03 landscape. I would challenge you to put a team of 03's together that would be able to skate with the MN03 team. Does that make them evil to you? Do you report back to your college coach that the mn03's are too crazy to look at?

I was not trying to bash your daughter, just speculating on your possible motivation for being such a D bag.
Sounds like we should all bow down to the MN 03's. Now see that's not nice again my daughter did not try out for last years team, but many of her friends and some if her teammates did. See she was in New York watching her sister play at national camp. See you have to actually make it through a number of different real tryouts to get there. Funny they actually wear USA jerseys there. See there not a bunch a players that a couple dads know and call themselves some kind of name and give the appearance they are so above everyone else. My whole point is that it is the same group or couple people running all this stuff with the result being the same girls shocking. Just call a spade a spade and don't keep tricking people with phantom tryouts and BS. Just take your future Olympians and go where you want to go there is no problem in that. Sad to think there are only 15 or so good 03's in the state according to you. And finally I will not need to tell any college coaches they are real good at figuring out the crazy ones and don't have a ton of time or want to deal with them. Believe it or not there are hundreds of great 03 around the country and in MN outside of your little u touchable core group
Scrolling down on this one made me feel like I'd fallen off the Empire State building.

....sorry just adding some levity :P

nu2hockey
Posts: 606
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:19 pm

Post by nu2hockey » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:21 pm

This chatter is so predictable. Each year this group wants to call themselves team minnesota, and parents of 12 yr old girls not going on this very expensive field trip get offended.

36Guy
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:14 pm

Post by 36Guy » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:48 pm

Let me add a little clarity to this situation. First, everyone is invited to the tryout. With thousands of hits on the blog obviously more than 35 kids new about the tryout. The quality of players was very impressive and I would have loved to see more. I was one of the evaluators and If you know me, I could care less what sticker was on your helmet or what AAA team a kid plays for. It all means absolutely nothing to me. The other 2 evaluators were from the East Coast so there is no connection there either.

It sounds like there were plenty of quality kids that did not attend the tryout. If so, that speaks volumes for girls hockeys future in Minnesota. Be careful assigning a "value" to a trip, AAA team or a camp. Great players have, talent, heart, IQ, work hard, train hard and have been coached well...all of which have very little to do with the money you spend. I personally focused on FUN in the off season. I have never heard of a player getting "burnt out" on fun. I also found that every time I increased my daughters passion for the sport, her willingness to train and get better went up as well.

This is not s $3,000 hockey tournament. Last year, we were riding Gondolas in Venice, visiting wineries in Milan and visiting churches Hitler raided in Balzono. There just happened to be a great hockey tournament going on as well.

Post Reply