02 Os (formerly machine orange 02) played 01/02 Os today....

Discussion of Minnesota Girls Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

nu2hockey

Post by nu2hockey » Wed May 25, 2016 11:48 am

zambonidriver wrote:No has to play in Wisconsin Bailey from hill couldn't try out
USA Hockey uses player's residence to determine which district the kid participates

Ava Bailey tried out in Central District and made U15 National Camp.

Central District invitees who play in MSHSL:(so far):
U15 National Camp
Ava Bailey (01)

U16-U17 National Camp
Mariah Keopple (00)

U18 Select 66 Camp
Abigail Boreen (00)
Miranda Anthony (01)

At large bids will come out later

zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver » Wed May 25, 2016 11:52 am

Thats what I meant she didn't participate in the HP MN stuff

InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya » Thu May 26, 2016 6:30 am

zambonidriver wrote:
HockeyDude20 wrote:
massalsa wrote:Thanks for the update HD20. Congrats on the win. I believe that it is good for us as a state of girls hockey when our girls (any of them) are successful in tournaments outside of MN. Also good to find out in a sort of backwards way how our other teams might have stacked up when comparing each of our past results with MachineOS (both 01/02 & other). If that makes ANY sense at all.

You mentioned how big lots of the teams were. Would you say that many were underskilled compared to their size? Or did they play a style of hockey that was exploitable at times with the speed and skill of your girls? Any kids on other teams that would slot in with what some might consider the best 4-5 kids on your team?

This may be a reach but how might the 01/02 Os girls have done? Who scored most of your goals? Lastly, was there an all tourney team?

Sorry for all the questions...again, congrats on a great result...go MINNESOTA!!!
massalsa, for the size of of the girls on these Canadian teams they were very skilled. More skilled than you would think. But their modus operandi is to play the body and plug up the middle. In our first game against DHI we had a heckuva time getting the puck to the net. We may have had 15 shots over the course of the game. They blocked more than that I am guessing. The Toronto Wizards had 3-4 girls that made our biggest girl look averaged size.

There was an 02 girl (Van Wieren) on ECS-O that played 16U Honeybaked last year who is one the best 02s out there. She has size, speed, skill, and a very heavy shot. She typically plays on the West Coast Selects team so we have seen her many times. But WCS backed out of the tourney so she moved to the ECS team for the weekend. ECS had another girl who I had never seen before. Wheeler was the last name. She has always played boys hockey but will be playing girls next year for Nepean Wildcats. Just for the sake of comparison those two would be top 6 F on our roster, no question. As individual players they stuck out the most to me. The Big Dogs were a very skilled team. Played a style very similar to us.

I won't comment on how the 01/02 Os team would have done because if I said they would've competed I would be fibbing and if I said they wouldn't have then that would just be mean! How is that for an anwer?! LOL. Just so I understand you say that the 01/02 is selects can't compete with these teams is that what I have read. Am I correct?

Scoring for our team was pretty balanced. We scored 16 goals total. 2 girls had 3 each and 10 girls had 1 each. There was no tournament team. We will see many of the same teams in Rochester next month.
I read his official statement as, not commenting on how they wouldn't compete.

HockeyDude20

Post by HockeyDude20 » Thu May 26, 2016 7:17 am

InigoMontoya wrote:
zambonidriver wrote:
HockeyDude20 wrote:
massalsa wrote:Thanks for the update HD20. Congrats on the win. I believe that it is good for us as a state of girls hockey when our girls (any of them) are successful in tournaments outside of MN. Also good to find out in a sort of backwards way how our other teams might have stacked up when comparing each of our past results with MachineOS (both 01/02 & other). If that makes ANY sense at all.

You mentioned how big lots of the teams were. Would you say that many were underskilled compared to their size? Or did they play a style of hockey that was exploitable at times with the speed and skill of your girls? Any kids on other teams that would slot in with what some might consider the best 4-5 kids on your team?

This may be a reach but how might the 01/02 Os girls have done? Who scored most of your goals? Lastly, was there an all tourney team?

Sorry for all the questions...again, congrats on a great result...go MINNESOTA!!!
massalsa, for the size of of the girls on these Canadian teams they were very skilled. More skilled than you would think. But their modus operandi is to play the body and plug up the middle. In our first game against DHI we had a heckuva time getting the puck to the net. We may have had 15 shots over the course of the game. They blocked more than that I am guessing. The Toronto Wizards had 3-4 girls that made our biggest girl look averaged size.

There was an 02 girl (Van Wieren) on ECS-O that played 16U Honeybaked last year who is one the best 02s out there. She has size, speed, skill, and a very heavy shot. She typically plays on the West Coast Selects team so we have seen her many times. But WCS backed out of the tourney so she moved to the ECS team for the weekend. ECS had another girl who I had never seen before. Wheeler was the last name. She has always played boys hockey but will be playing girls next year for Nepean Wildcats. Just for the sake of comparison those two would be top 6 F on our roster, no question. As individual players they stuck out the most to me. The Big Dogs were a very skilled team. Played a style very similar to us.

I won't comment on how the 01/02 Os team would have done because if I said they would've competed I would be fibbing and if I said they wouldn't have then that would just be mean! How is that for an anwer?! LOL. Just so I understand you say that the 01/02 is selects can't compete with these teams is that what I have read. Am I correct?

Scoring for our team was pretty balanced. We scored 16 goals total. 2 girls had 3 each and 10 girls had 1 each. There was no tournament team. We will see many of the same teams in Rochester next month.
IM, thanks for clarifying for ZD.

ZD, when our teams played it was a pretty lopsided game. Honestly, the only reason it wasn't worse is because of the golatending. There are some really good players on the 01/02 team. Really good. There just isn't enough depth. Please keep in mind half the stuff I post I only say it to get you going!

InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya » Thu May 26, 2016 9:41 am

Please keep in mind half the stuff I post I only say it to get you going!
Me, too.

InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya » Thu May 26, 2016 9:44 am

I can only predict 1 2001 from MN that I think will be invited to that camp this year assuming that she is healthy enough (Breza of Breck/Mound).
I don't see her on a summer camp team roster.

jg2112

Post by jg2112 » Thu May 26, 2016 10:08 am

InigoMontoya wrote:
I can only predict 1 2001 from MN that I think will be invited to that camp this year assuming that she is healthy enough (Breza of Breck/Mound).
Maybe still injured? I haven't seen her name on any team roster this spring. I don't think she played in the Clash.

massalsa

Post by massalsa » Thu May 26, 2016 1:24 pm

jg2112 wrote:
InigoMontoya wrote:
Maybe still injured? I haven't seen her name on any team roster this spring. I don't think she played in the Clash.

She WAS on the Gold team roster when they were originally posted a week and change ago. Now not listed on the team. Looks like one of the alternates now has plans for the week of June 11!!!

http://www.minnesotahockey.org/page/sho ... ummer-camp

The aforementioned Breck forward was IMO a force on the ice last winter for her team. If healthy I cant imagine her NOT being in that group of 66.

zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver » Thu May 26, 2016 1:46 pm

massalsa wrote:
jg2112 wrote:
InigoMontoya wrote:

She WAS on the Gold team roster when they were originally posted a week and change ago. Now not listed on the team. Looks like one of the alternates now has plans for the week of June 11!!!

http://www.minnesotahockey.org/page/sho ... ummer-camp

The aforementioned Breck forward was IMO a force on the ice last winter for
her team. If healthy I cant imagine her NOT being in that group of 66.
Doesn't she have an 00 birthday?
I believe she did the HP 15 last year

nu2hockey

Post by nu2hockey » Thu May 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Syd has a 2001 birth date

HockeyDude20

Post by HockeyDude20 » Thu May 26, 2016 4:47 pm

zambonidriver wrote:
HockeyDude20 wrote:
NORTHWOODS HOCKEY wrote:
zambonidriver wrote:Curious about west cost selects as my daughter is going to be playing with them in July and August.
Very strong team. The 02 OS beat them 5 to 1 in pool play and then 1 to 0 in the Championship Game in the Chicago Shootout - systems were clicking for OS;).
Yes, you are right NWH, systems were on point in all 4 victories in 4 games vs. WCS!! Don't forget about the 2 in Rochester last summer.

ZD, is your daughter playing with them in NAPS/Rochester? In all seriousness, WCS is a very good team.
Not rochester but will be there for the camp right after. Playing For them in July and Aug.
ZD, what tournaments is she playing in with WCS?

zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver » Fri May 27, 2016 10:02 am

HockeyDude20 wrote:
zambonidriver wrote:
HockeyDude20 wrote:
NORTHWOODS HOCKEY wrote:
zambonidriver wrote:Curious about west cost selects as my daughter is going to be playing with them in July and August.
Very strong team. The 02 OS beat them 5 to 1 in pool play and then 1 to 0 in the Championship Game in the Chicago Shootout - systems were clicking for OS;).
Yes, you are right NWH, systems were on point in all 4 victories in 4 games vs. WCS!! Don't forget about the 2 in Rochester last summer.

ZD, is your daughter playing with them in NAPS/Rochester? In all seriousness, WCS is a very good team.
Not rochester but will be there for the camp right after. Playing For them in July and Aug.
ZD, what tournaments is she playing in with WCS?
Prague and some other one out west my wife is in charge

Mavs

Post by Mavs » Fri May 27, 2016 10:47 am

HockeyDude20 wrote:
InigoMontoya wrote:
zambonidriver wrote:
HockeyDude20 wrote:

ZD, when our teams played it was a pretty lopsided game. Honestly, the only reason it wasn't worse is because of the golatending. There are some really good players on the 01/02 team. Really good. There just isn't enough depth. Please keep in mind half the stuff I post I only say it to get you going!
Depth as in they were missing players or depth as in drop off from top to bottom?

zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver » Fri May 27, 2016 11:15 am

Mavs wrote:
HockeyDude20 wrote:
InigoMontoya wrote:
zambonidriver wrote:
HockeyDude20 wrote:

Depth as in they were missing players or depth as in drop off from top to bottom?
Gone that weekend Barger, Einan, Weaver, Off the top of my head 4 players were playing in the Elite classic also so were running from one place to another my daughter included. Replaced by kids who are nowhere near as good. No excuses got ass kicked. Will say this though, have not had full squad together as a team in a couple of years.

Mavs

Post by Mavs » Fri May 27, 2016 11:41 am

Got it. HD20 may have a different answer but thanks for the follow up. Now the score doesn't surprise me quite as much.

Mnnstar

Post by Mnnstar » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:16 am

XXX

Mavs

Post by Mavs » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:45 pm

Mnnstar wrote:Way to go boys great way to represent os brand in Rochester word has it Winny has pics of the ejection
:shock: :roll:

zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:16 am

Was out there witnessed first hand. Will say this the beef was legit it was quite the two hander. A coach should never get kicked out of a game. Puts a whole new meaning to the walk of Shame [-X

Mavs

Post by Mavs » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:46 am

OS Elite vs Junior Whitecaps this weekend...who ya got?

Iceburg

Post by Iceburg » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:15 pm

Mavs wrote:OS Elite vs Junior Whitecaps this weekend...who ya got?
When, where?

Yogi17

Post by Yogi17 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:25 pm

Didn't Os beat them a couple times already?

massalsa

Post by massalsa » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:16 am

Yogi17 wrote:

Didn't Os beat them a couple times already?
How many total times have they played? I can think of at least 3 and 02 won the first game (OS springfest or something like that?) and then think that there were at least 2 other games where 01's have won.

Here is the OS Shootout schedule link:

http://www.oshockey.com/page/show/27327 ... tout-2016-

It is always a good game when these two teams matchup...I imagine it will be another good one this weekend. I heard that a couple of the JWCD are playing on some other teams this weekend and know that they are using a different goalie this weekend. They had 4 D and 8 F for the game yesterday at Braemar. The relentless forechecking "system" and the short and fast shift "system" that the 02's use will definitely make JWCD work hard. Hope that I can make it to the game.

jg2112

Post by jg2112 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:49 am

Jungels 1 - JWCD 0. I watched the first 15 minutes, it was scoreless when I left.

The JWCD goalie was a 2003 filling in for Meyers. She was very, very good.

titleist

Post by titleist » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:35 am

jg2112 wrote:Jungels 1 - JWCD 0. I watched the first 15 minutes, it was scoreless when I left.

Huh, I heard it was a 0-0 tie...with shots being about 50-10 in favor of JWCD....But Jungels team won the shootout. Sounds like a pretty good game.

HockeyDude20

Post by HockeyDude20 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:46 am

titleist wrote:
jg2112 wrote:Jungels 1 - JWCD 0. I watched the first 15 minutes, it was scoreless when I left.

Huh, I heard it was a 0-0 tie...with shots being about 50-10 in favor of JWCD....But Jungels team won the shootout. Sounds like a pretty good game.
It was 0-0 after regulation. Shots were NOT 50-10 in favor of JWCD. It was a very even game including shots. Goalie play was very good on both ends. There was a clear goal scored by 02s with a few minutes remaining that was not allowed.

Series so far through spring and summer stands at 3 W for 02s against 2 L. 3-1, 2-1, 1-4, 0-5, 1-0(shootout).