UNH Yale Vermont
PSU U Conn Clarkson
Cornell SCSU Merrimack
MSU RIT Northeastern
Wisconsin Quinnipiac Yale
BSU Union Colgate
UND Dartmouth UMD
Princeton Syracuse
Looking at that list of schools makes me wonder whether I should be enrolling my daughter in summer hockey camp or Kumon / Mathnasium.

zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:00 am

Mathnasium best investment I ever made for daughter.

InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:06 pm

What is the Year?
Is it the calendar year in which the player enrolled/intends to enroll?
Is it the calendar year in which the player committed?

observer

Post by observer » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:46 pm

Year of graduation and entrance into college/university.

Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:05 pm

Happy last Prospects weekend!

I'd have to go back to look at rosters the first two weekends, but is it just me or has there been a dramatic fall-off in goaltending? I've watched games across every level now and all I can say is wow. Don't think I've ever felt as sorry for players just so out of their league on any weekend in this program. Of course not naming names or even teams. But still, pretty surprised. I'll be interested to see what overlap/carry over to the Elite League rosters look like.

In happier tidings, as usual some amazing hockey today. Some of these 2000, 2001 girls look like they could walk onto a college team tomorrow.

Mavs

Post by Mavs » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:30 am

Nevertoomuchhockey wrote:Happy last Prospects weekend!

I'd have to go back to look at rosters the first two weekends, but is it just me or has there been a dramatic fall-off in goaltending? I've watched games across every level now and all I can say is wow. Don't think I've ever felt as sorry for players just so out of their league on any weekend in this program. Of course not naming names or even teams. But still, pretty surprised. I'll be interested to see what overlap/carry over to the Elite League rosters look like.

In happier tidings, as usual some amazing hockey today. Some of these 2000, 2001 girls look like they could walk onto a college team tomorrow.
The hockey is super high end. Seriously, college coaches could do 90% of their recruiting here (obviously natty camp, etc) and never watch a high school game where they see 1-3 players max that they are looking at.

Curious the take of those that watch this and also went to the Boston version a couple of weeks ago. Comparisons?

Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:55 am

IMHO, of course we could all name exceptions... But

Forwards - much better, especially speed and passing
Defense - about half and half. There are a lot of girls who just look smart and seem to read the whole ice every zone change, while others can't lift their heads up for anything and are turning over again. And again.#whatisbackchecking
Goalies - far behind. At least this weekend. Better teams are losing all over Braemar

massalsa

Post by massalsa » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:10 pm

Nevertoomuchhockey wrote:IMHO, of course we could all name exceptions... But

Forwards - much better, especially speed and passing
Defense - about half and half. There are a lot of girls who just look smart and seem to read the whole ice every zone change, while others can't lift their heads up for anything and are turning over again. And again.#whatisbackchecking
Goalies - far behind. At least this weekend. Better teams are losing all over Braemar
Interesting take on Goalies. I recall seeing at least 3/4 of the MN goalies + the Hill Murray goalie from Wisconsin at 15 Nat camp. All I saw were very solid compared to others. The goalies I saw that were not quite as good as the others were from other parts of the country.

On the USA U18 pre Canada series team 5/10 D are from MN, 9/18 F are from MN (could be 10/18 if you counted the Hill Murray F from Somerset that is committed to the U of M), and 1/3 Goalies are from MN.

http://teamusa.usahockey.com/page/show/ ... -gold-u18-