NDTP Invites MN edition

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Post Reply
PuckNA
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:20 am

NDTP Invites MN edition

Post by PuckNA » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:31 pm

Carter Batchelder (EP)
Jackson Borst (Edina)
Justin Janicke (Maple Grove)
Chaz Lucius (Grant)
Bennett Schmiek (Mendota Hts.)
Jacob Martin (WBL)
Luke Mittelstadt (EP)
Henry Nelson (Maple Grove)
Jack Peart (GR)
Hobie Hedquist (Heron Lake)

Cougaralumni14
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:35 pm

Re: NDTP Invites MN edition

Post by Cougaralumni14 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:18 pm

Surprised Kukkonen is not listed. He's a heck of a player. I don't really understand the interest in Nelson, saw him play a bad Centennial team this year and was very underwhelmed. Actually I had no idea he was committed to Notre Dame until afterwards, and was shocked that was the skill to be verbally committed to the school. Can somebody who has seen more from him tell me what I'm missing on this kid?

JerseyDave
Posts: 462
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: NDTP Invites MN edition

Post by JerseyDave » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:03 pm

"2019 NTDP Evaluation Camp Roster Announced"
By USAHockeyNTDP.com, 03/13/19, 11:45AM EDT
* Evaluation Camp to be held March 21-25 at USA Hockey Arena
https://www.usahockeyntdp.com/news_article/show/1003409

FWIW, the NTDP U18 head coach John Wroblewski is a Notre Dame alum and former player.
Last edited by JerseyDave on Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

InThePipes
Posts: 130
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:26 pm

Re: NDTP Invites MN edition

Post by InThePipes » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:07 pm

Cougaralumni14 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:18 pm
Surprised Kukkonen is not listed. He's a heck of a player. I don't really understand the interest in Nelson, saw him play a bad Centennial team this year and was very underwhelmed. Actually I had no idea he was committed to Notre Dame until afterwards, and was shocked that was the skill to be verbally committed to the school. Can somebody who has seen more from him tell me what I'm missing on this kid?

I believe Kukkonen is a 2002 birth year and therefore wouldn't be eligible for this team

TheNightman
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:41 pm

Re: NDTP Invites MN edition

Post by TheNightman » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:07 pm

Cougaralumni14 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:18 pm
Surprised Kukkonen is not listed. He's a heck of a player. I don't really understand the interest in Nelson, saw him play a bad Centennial team this year and was very underwhelmed. Actually I had no idea he was committed to Notre Dame until afterwards, and was shocked that was the skill to be verbally committed to the school. Can somebody who has seen more from him tell me what I'm missing on this kid?
Kukkonen is an '02 I believe.

Cougaralumni14
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:35 pm

Re: NDTP Invites MN edition

Post by Cougaralumni14 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:36 pm

Sorry about the goof with Kukkonen fellas. Thanks for the info.

The Exiled One
Posts: 1711
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:34 am

Re: NDTP Invites MN edition

Post by The Exiled One » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:45 am

Chase Beacom wouldn’t have been a bad choice either.

612hockeytown
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:58 pm

Re: NDTP Invites MN edition

Post by 612hockeytown » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:34 pm

Cougaralumni14 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:18 pm
Surprised Kukkonen is not listed. He's a heck of a player. I don't really understand the interest in Nelson, saw him play a bad Centennial team this year and was very underwhelmed. Actually I had no idea he was committed to Notre Dame until afterwards, and was shocked that was the skill to be verbally committed to the school. Can somebody who has seen more from him tell me what I'm missing on this kid?
Was overwhelmed in all 3 Blaine games as well. Hard to say. It’s a small sample size from my end. He has ok size. Hard to get a commitment from just that?

thefatcat
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: NDTP Invites MN edition

Post by thefatcat » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:37 pm

The Exiled One wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:45 am
Chase Beacom wouldn’t have been a bad choice either.
I would agree. Might be borderline though.

I'm pretty excited Hedquist was invited as a netminder. I would expect Manz to get an invite next year...kid is nails.

WarmUpTheBus
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: NDTP Invites MN edition

Post by WarmUpTheBus » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:26 pm

I saw all of these kids this year except Lucius, and the tender from Heron Lake. The best in my opinion were Janicke and Mittelsteadt. Mittelsteadt's brother Casey stayed for his senior year and he has a brother John on the EP varsity so I'm guessing he will stay at least another year. Janicke's brother left for the USNDTP and Is committed to Norte Dame so I would expect him to leave. ....

O-townClown
Posts: 3572
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:22 pm
Location: Typical homeboy from the O-Town

Re: NDTP Invites MN edition

Post by O-townClown » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:33 am

WarmUpTheBus wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:26 pm
I saw all of these kids this year except Lucius, and the tender from Heron Lake.
Just curious, where was Lucius the day you saw Martin & Schimek?
Be kind. Rewind.

PuckNA
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:20 am

Re: NDTP Invites MN edition

Post by PuckNA » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:03 pm

612hockeytown wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:34 pm
Cougaralumni14 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:18 pm
Surprised Kukkonen is not listed. He's a heck of a player. I don't really understand the interest in Nelson, saw him play a bad Centennial team this year and was very underwhelmed. Actually I had no idea he was committed to Notre Dame until afterwards, and was shocked that was the skill to be verbally committed to the school. Can somebody who has seen more from him tell me what I'm missing on this kid?
Was overwhelmed in all 3 Blaine games as well. Hard to say. It’s a small sample size from my end. He has ok size. Hard to get a commitment from just that?
I saw him a few this year as well and even in the summer some... good player, but have seen many his same graduating year that are less overwhelmed. Don't put a ton of weight into early commits, long way to go yet... it's a marathon, not a sprint.

MWS coach
Posts: 271
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:31 am

Re: NDTP Invites MN edition

Post by MWS coach » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:57 pm

Cougaralumni14 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:18 pm
Surprised Kukkonen is not listed. He's a heck of a player. I don't really understand the interest in Nelson, saw him play a bad Centennial team this year and was very underwhelmed. Actually I had no idea he was committed to Notre Dame until afterwards, and was shocked that was the skill to be verbally committed to the school. Can somebody who has seen more from him tell me what I'm missing on this kid?
I am not trying to be confrontational, but I do find it disturbing that you specifically call out a kid that isn't even old enough to have his driver's license. Just my two cents.

612hockeytown
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:58 pm

Re: NDTP Invites MN edition

Post by 612hockeytown » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:19 am

MWS coach wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:57 pm
Cougaralumni14 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:18 pm
Surprised Kukkonen is not listed. He's a heck of a player. I don't really understand the interest in Nelson, saw him play a bad Centennial team this year and was very underwhelmed. Actually I had no idea he was committed to Notre Dame until afterwards, and was shocked that was the skill to be verbally committed to the school. Can somebody who has seen more from him tell me what I'm missing on this kid?
I am not trying to be confrontational, but I do find it disturbing that you specifically call out a kid that isn't even old enough to have his driver's license. Just my two cents.
Crazy that MG could lose up to 5 impact players over the last two years. 4 (if Janicke and Nelson were make it) to NTDP and one to juniors.

O-townClown
Posts: 3572
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:22 pm
Location: Typical homeboy from the O-Town

Re: NDTP Invites MN edition

Post by O-townClown » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:55 pm

Is it a surprise at all that Trey Fechko did not receive an invitation? He was dominant as a PW and bypassed Bantams altogether. Had a very good year for Holy Family.
Be kind. Rewind.

gopherpuck516
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:59 am

Re: NDTP Invites MN edition

Post by gopherpuck516 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:19 pm

O-townClown wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:55 pm
Is it a surprise at all that Trey Fechko did not receive an invitation? He was dominant as a PW and bypassed Bantams altogether. Had a very good year for Holy Family.
And he just committed to ASU. No idea on why he wasn’t invited to this camp. Are you sure he was eligible by age?

TheNightman
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:41 pm

Re: NDTP Invites MN edition

Post by TheNightman » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:24 pm

gopherpuck516 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:19 pm
O-townClown wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:55 pm
Is it a surprise at all that Trey Fechko did not receive an invitation? He was dominant as a PW and bypassed Bantams altogether. Had a very good year for Holy Family.
And he just committed to ASU. No idea on why he wasn’t invited to this camp. Are you sure he was eligible by age?
He's an 03 so he was eligible.

Post Reply