Edina Down and Out?

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

hshockeyfan8

Post by hshockeyfan8 »

edinahornetkid24 wrote:Section 6AA is not a cake walk...pun intended. :D
You are right, it's not. Good thing Edina isn't in it! :wink:
bafata88

Post by bafata88 »

How did I miss this thread? I guess I'm a little late to this conversation. I've been reprimanded before as I've previously added my opinion about the boys in green, so I will use nice words this evening.

Assuming the coaching staff does not screw things up, this group could be as strong as any Edina team of the past 5 years. Losing L. Nanne and J. Walker diminishes depth a bit. But assuming all the other pieces are back, they should have nice a compliment of underclassmen and seniors. Even I could score lots of points with Hurley and Malmquist, that's how good they are. Brauer should be a beast. Reno and Nelson are solid on the blue line. Fiddler could really shine this year. Goaltending is super strong. And then you have a bunch of seniors that should provide solid leadership [again, assuming the coaches not screw things up and keep the seniors]. As much as I've never been impressed with Jordahl, Anderson, Hatch or Walsh, they have all played lots of varsity hockey and should be solid. There are still a handful of guys who have all played significant varsity minutes. And then I am sure someone can identify a hotshot bantam from last year who will contribute this year.

Edina will be a top 5 team all year and if it does not make it to state, the Eaters will be very very disappointed. Go Giles!
green4

Post by green4 »

bafata88 wrote:How did I miss this thread? I guess I'm a little late to this conversation. I've been reprimanded before as I've previously added my opinion about the boys in green, so I will use nice words this evening.

Assuming the coaching staff does not screw things up, this group could be as strong as any Edina team of the past 5 years. Losing L. Nanne and J. Walker diminishes depth a bit. But assuming all the other pieces are back, they should have nice a compliment of underclassmen and seniors. Even I could score lots of points with Hurley and Malmquist, that's how good they are. Brauer should be a beast. Reno and Nelson are solid on the blue line. Fiddler could really shine this year. Goaltending is super strong. And then you have a bunch of seniors that should provide solid leadership [again, assuming the coaches not screw things up and keep the seniors]. As much as I've never been impressed with Jordahl, Anderson, Hatch or Walsh, they have all played lots of varsity hockey and should be solid. There are still a handful of guys who have all played significant varsity minutes. And then I am sure someone can identify a hotshot bantam from last year who will contribute this year.

Edina will be a top 5 team all year and if it does not make it to state, the Eaters will be very very disappointed. Go Giles!
I dont see Hatch or Anderson making this year... Dulas and Hullstrand should come up from JV and take there spots plus im sure there in a D man from that Bantam state team that could take walkers left over spot.. also a senior from colorado moved to edina last year and played for for the Twin cities Northern lights and i have heard he is trying out for the team as a D man and has a chance to make the team
rocketscience

Post by rocketscience »

Couldn't agree more Green4.

Like I already posted, third time is not a charm. If a state title is the priority, don't repeat history and earn a 3rd strike by getting eliminated due to a bad D situation again.

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me for drinking the good ol boy Coolaid again. Third time????? We'll soon see
Survey

Post by Survey »

Anyone have knowledge of freshman trying out for the club this year? Interesting to see what Giles does
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

What is going on w/T Nanne ???
Wasilla

Post by Wasilla »

Survey wrote:Anyone have knowledge of freshman trying out for the club this year? Interesting to see what Giles does
How does that usually work, does the coach pretty much encourage certain talented freshmen to tryout? Or do the freshmen decide on their own to tryout?
Survey

Post by Survey »

Wasilla wrote:
Survey wrote:Anyone have knowledge of freshman trying out for the club this year? Interesting to see what Giles does
How does that usually work, does the coach pretty much encourage certain talented freshmen to tryout? Or do the freshmen decide on their own to tryout?
Yeah you know I think it's a little bit of both. In the bigger associations I think they have some sort of nod from the HS coach otherwise unless they are really really good players it would be tough. Smaller associations may not be as deep and if the kid thinks he has a shot he will give it a whirl. But that is just my opinion.
BP

Post by BP »

old goalie85 wrote:What is going on w/T Nanne ???

Heard he has a stress fracture and is out for 3+ months. Anyone know the exact injury?
Tuuk2score

Post by Tuuk2score »

False !!!!
Bleed Maroon and Gold

Post by Bleed Maroon and Gold »

Tuuk2score wrote:False !!!!
If your gonna claim its false how about correcting him instead so the facts are correct. But I am sure you don't know the facts you just don't want him to be correct.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Did they cut yesterday ??
Bluewhitefan

Post by Bluewhitefan »

old goalie85 wrote:Did they cut yesterday ??
Just lower level kids and all the 9th grade Bantam As.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

I thought Nanne had a broken back. He has 3 points in 2 games !!!
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

old goalie85 wrote:I thought Nanne had a broken back. He has 3 points in 2 games !!!
Imagine what he would have if it wasn't broken! :wink:
edinahornetkid24

Post by edinahornetkid24 »

old goalie85 wrote:I thought Nanne had a broken back. He has 3 points in 2 games !!!
he had a stress fracture...he's healthy now obviously
outside_observer

Post by outside_observer »

green4 wrote:I dont see Hatch or Anderson making this year... Dulas and Hullstrand should come up from JV and take there spots plus im sure there in a D man from that Bantam state team that could take walkers left over spot.. also a senior from colorado moved to edina last year and played for for the Twin cities Northern lights and i have heard he is trying out for the team as a D man and has a chance to make the team
Hmmmmmmmm
Bluewhitefan

Post by Bluewhitefan »

outside_observer wrote:
green4 wrote:I dont see Hatch or Anderson making this year... Dulas and Hullstrand should come up from JV and take there spots plus im sure there in a D man from that Bantam state team that could take walkers left over spot.. also a senior from colorado moved to edina last year and played for for the Twin cities Northern lights and i have heard he is trying out for the team as a D man and has a chance to make the team
Hmmmmmmmm
Well - he got a little bit right

Hatch, Anderson - both in
Dulas - done with hockey
Hulstrand - JV
Bantam A kid - varsity
Colorado senior - varsity
observer

Post by observer »

And we thought green4 had the inside scoop.
green4

Post by green4 »

observer wrote:And we thought green4 had the inside scoop.
yeah... i had no idea Dulas was done, which is a shame cause he was a great player and i still think hullstrand is better than Hatch and Anderson but Giles went with more seniors this year but hey i was still right on the colorado kid at least...
rocketscience

Post by rocketscience »

[quote="Bluewhitefan"][quote="outside_observer"][quote="green4"]I dont see Hatch or Anderson making this year... Dulas and Hullstrand should come up from JV and take there spots plus im sure there in a D man from that Bantam state team that could take walkers left over spot.. also a senior from colorado moved to edina last year and played for for the Twin cities Northern lights and i have heard he is trying out for the team as a D man and has a chance to make the team[/quote]

Hmmmmmmmm[/quote]

Dulas - done with hockey
Hulstrand - JV
Bantam A kid - varsity
Colorado senior - varsity[/quote]

Hmmmmmmmmmm after watching the past few games, as far as the D goes, looks like Green got it right and coaches got it wrong. Definition of stupid - repeating the same mistakes and expecting a different result. But hey, maybe its not about rostering the best team, but about the new locker rms and rewarding the good ole boys - another round on me fellas :lol: :oops:
Bluewhitefan

Post by Bluewhitefan »

rocketscience wrote:
Bluewhitefan wrote:
outside_observer wrote: Hmmmmmmmm

Dulas - done with hockey
Hulstrand - JV
Bantam A kid - varsity
Colorado senior - varsity
Hmmmmmmmmmm after watching the past few games, as far as the D goes, looks like Green got it right and coaches got it wrong. Definition of stupid - repeating the same mistakes and expecting a different result. But hey, maybe its not about rostering the best team, but about the new locker rms and rewarding the good ole boys - another round on me fellas :lol: :oops:
So, they gave up 2 goals vs. St Thomas and 4 vs. DE, and scored just one in each of those two games - and thats all on the D? Did the "good ole boys" kids cost them those two games? Or did the high-powered offense underperform? Probably should send Malmquist down to JV I guess.