Private School Trash talk thread

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

BP

Re: Just a thought

Post by BP »

Welcome to the Gongshow wrote:Edina wins the state trny this year. (best player- Conner Hurley from Eagan and still has a house in Eagan)

Hermantown runner-up and Class A whinning coach of the decade- player Kramer recruit from Virginia.

Elk River with the Buffalo Boys.

Warroad with new Marvin employees that have rock star players that just decided to move to the metropolitan northern border for its culture.

On and On and On.

Stop whinning because you or your kid couldn't make the varsity.
You forgot about goalies a couple of years ago that happened to move from out of state to teams that are good (Eagan, Duluth East, etc)....
hockeymannorth

Post by hockeymannorth »

sagard wrote:I prefer less privates in AA. No way do I watch as much tourney with Hill/Benilde/StThomas in it every year. Honestly people have been reduced to rooting for Edina.

I'd love to have three tourneys. Let the AA and Private champs play a week later. Or not.
I think they should be forced to play by thier school enrollment size like all other sports. they should all be in class A just like public schools that can only play 3A basketball can't move up to 4A.Than see how many players jump to private schools and the private schools know it.Nobody would even know who some of these schools are if they didn't pay players to come play Hockey and get on TV. And many are paid to play if you don't know that your kid isn't good enough to get recuited.
Last edited by hockeymannorth on Thu May 16, 2013 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mailman

Post by Mailman »

hockeymannorth wrote:
sagard wrote:I prefer less privates in AA. No way do I watch as much tourney with Hill/Benilde/StThomas in it every year. Honestly people have been reduced to rooting for Edina.

I'd love to have three tourneys. Let the AA and Private champs play a week later. Or not.
I think they should be forced to play by thier school enrollment size like all other sports. they should all be in class A just like public schools that can only play 3A basketball can't move up to 4A.Than see how many players jump to private schools and the private schools know it.Nobody would even know who some of these schools are if they didn't pay players to come play Hockey and get on TV. And many are payed to play if you don't know that your kid isn't good enough to get reciuted.

=D>
Gems

Post by Gems »

hockeymannorth wrote:

I think they should be forced to play by thier school enrollment size like all other sports. they should all be in class A just like public schools that can only play 3A basketball can't move up to 4A.Than see how many players jump to private schools and the private schools know it.Nobody would even know who some of these schools are if they didn't pay players to come play Hockey and get on TV. And many are payed to play if you don't know that your kid isn't good enough to get reciuted.
Hey hockeymannorth then what do you do with the public kids jumping to other public schools? Times have changed and open enrollment is here to stay...just enjoy the game. Talent is talent public or private just appreciate it for what it is...
WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

hockeymannorth wrote:

Payed? Did you go to public school?
shooter803

Post by shooter803 »

I kind of like "reciuted". No wonder my kids never received any offers- I always hoped he would get recruited. Silly me :)
394 West

Post by 394 West »

WarmUpTheBus wrote:
hockeymannorth wrote:

More like did not go to school. The "payed" to play statement is extremely overstated.
hockeymannorth

Post by hockeymannorth »

Gems wrote:
hockeymannorth wrote:

I think they should be forced to play by thier school enrollment size like all other sports. they should all be in class A just like public schools that can only play 3A basketball can't move up to 4A.Than see how many players jump to private schools and the private schools know it.Nobody would even know who some of these schools are if they didn't pay players to come play Hockey and get on TV. And many are paid to play if you don't know that your kid isn't good enough to get recuited.
Hey hockeymannorth then what do you do with the public kids jumping to other public schools? Times have changed and open enrollment is here to stay...just enjoy the game. Talent is talent public or private just appreciate it for what it is...
hockeymannorth

Post by hockeymannorth »

Gems wrote:
hockeymannorth wrote:

hockeymannorth

Post by hockeymannorth »

Mailman wrote:
hockeymannorth wrote:

=D>
hockeymannorth

Post by hockeymannorth »

Gems wrote:
hockeymannorth wrote:

What public school other than Warroad pays to play
Last edited by hockeymannorth on Thu May 16, 2013 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hockeymannorth

Post by hockeymannorth »

394 West wrote:
WarmUpTheBus wrote:
hockeymannorth wrote:I think they should be forced to play by thier school enrollment size like all other sports. they should all be in class A just like public schools that can only play 3A basketball can't move up to 4A.Than see how many players jump to private schools and the private schools know it.Nobody would even know who some of these schools are if they didn't pay players to come play Hockey and get on TV. And many are paid to play if you don't know that your kid isn't good enough to get recuited.
More like did not go to school. The "payed" to play statement is extremely overstated.
Mailman

Post by Mailman »

WarmUpTheBus wrote:
hockeymannorth wrote:

Just like that, suddenly a misspelled word doesn't seem so bad...... :wink:
hockeymannorth

Post by hockeymannorth »

Mailman wrote:
WarmUpTheBus wrote:
hockeymannorth wrote:I think they should be forced to play by thier school enrollment size like all other sports. they should all be in class A just like public schools that can only play 3A basketball can't move up to 4A.Than see how many players jump to private schools and the private schools know it.Nobody would even know who some of these schools are if they didn't pay players to come play Hockey and get on TV. And many are payed to play if you don't know that your kid isn't good enough to get reciuted.
Who cares about a misspelled word doesn't change the fact that Hill and other schools pay kids to play to get thier name on TV even the ones going after me know its true.And i did go to a private school maybe thats why it pisses me off.When these schools sell out thier long time students for some losers that can't lead thier home teams to state so they jump.Don't most privates claim to teacher leadership and Honor than they turn a blind eye to recuiting.
Mailman

Post by Mailman »

hockeymannorth wrote:
Mailman wrote:
WarmUpTheBus wrote: Payed? Did you go to public school?
Who cares about a misspelled word doesn't change the fact that Hill and other schools pay kids to play to get thier name on TV even the ones going after me know its true.And i did go to a private school maybe thats why it pisses me off.When these schools sell out thier long time students for some losers that can't lead thier home teams to state so they jump.Don't most privates claim to teacher leadership and Honor than they turn a blind eye to recuiting.
Yeah, I know. Wasn't dissing you. I was just amused by the arrogance in his response.
394 West

Post by 394 West »

hockeymannorth wrote:
Mailman wrote:
WarmUpTheBus wrote: Payed? Did you go to public school?
Get over it. Look at the rosters of the big public schools. Edina, EP, Wayzata ect a number of their top players over the last few years have all transferred and knocked a long time player out of a spot.
hockeymannorth

Post by hockeymannorth »

394 West wrote:
hockeymannorth wrote:
Mailman wrote: Just like that, suddenly a misspelled word doesn't seem so bad...... :wink:
Get over it. Look at the rosters of the big public schools. Edina, EP, Wayzata ect a number of their top players over the last few years have all transferred and knocked a long time player out of a spot.
Edina didn't pay kids to come play and thier parents must have moved to edina for them to tranfer.And i don't care if a kid moves or tranfers its the we are so much better than public schools lies that pisses me off when is the last time a private school taught a kid english that couldn't speak english?when has Hill let a kid come to Hill that had a couple of D's in school it easy to teacher A and B average kids so they should look better on paper
394 West

Post by 394 West »

hockeymannorth wrote:
394 West wrote:
hockeymannorth wrote:Who cares about a misspelled word doesn't change the fact that Hill and other schools pay kids to play to get thier name on TV even the ones going after me know its true.And i did go to a private school maybe thats why it pisses me off.When these schools sell out thier long time students for some losers that can't lead thier home teams to state so they jump.Don't most privates claim to teacher leadership and Honor than they turn a blind eye to recuiting.
Edina didn't pay kids to come play and thier parents must have moved to edina for them to tranfer.And i don't care if a kid moves or tranfers its the we are so much better than public schools lies that pisses me off when is the last time a private school taught a kid english that couldn't speak english?when has Hill let a kid come to Hill that had a couple of D's in school it easy to teacher A and B average kids so they should look better on paper
You need to get your facts straight. I think some privates are better than publics for different reasons. Its not always academics. Kids with good grades will get into good colleges regardless if they went to a private or public HS. You will scoff at this but BSM as an example has a great community. I would argue better than most schools. The measuring stick on this is alum involvement in the school and financial giving to the school even after they paid to send their kids there.

Regarding your paid to play comment which is your most ridiculous comment. Do some people get financial aid? Yes for sure only if the parents dont make enough to afford sending the kid to the school. Aid packages are not handed out by the coaches the school admin is involved.

The biggest carrot a coach can lay out is ice time. I know promises of ice time go hand in hand with transferring players and this happens at both Private and Public.
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

hockeymannorth wrote:Edina didn't pay kids to come play and thier parents must have moved to edina for them to tranfer.And i don't care if a kid moves or tranfers its the we are so much better than public schools lies that pisses me off when is the last time a private school taught a kid english that couldn't speak english?when has Hill let a kid come to Hill that had a couple of D's in school it easy to teacher A and B average kids so they should look better on paper
Sounds like another hockey fan with a bad case of sour grapes. I suspect you didn't attend much of your English classes too...

In addition, your accusations that private schools pay-off players and teachers and coaches alter student athletes' academic records is hearsay and bologna.

Until you have evidence to back up your statements, withhold your malicious attempt to besmirch private schools.

8)
The Puck
LGW
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

394 West wrote:Get over it. Look at the rosters of the big public schools. Edina, EP, Wayzata ect a number of their top players over the last few years have all transferred and knocked a long time player out of a spot.
Really? Name six players that transferred to those three schools the last two years combined.
394 West

Post by 394 West »

Slap Shot wrote:
394 West wrote:Get over it. Look at the rosters of the big public schools. Edina, EP, Wayzata ect a number of their top players over the last few years have all transferred and knocked a long time player out of a spot.
Really? Name six players that transferred to those three schools the last two years combined.
I did not say 6 but thats an interesting number to bring up. I will dig up the names but here are the numbers. There where 2-3 at Wayzata from Hopkins, Hunter Warner and at least one other at EP, and Traveling Hurley in Hornet land. Not to mention Thie into Tonka.
Lazy Scout

Post by Lazy Scout »

And I will add Passolt to Maple Grove and Jensen and Gabrielle to Eagan. Point being that it does happen at public schools too.
blueblood

Post by blueblood »

Here a few more for SlapShot:

Vanelli -Tonka
Snuggerud - Ep
Wahl - Wayzata

So with Thie, Hurley, and Warner, that makes at least 6 transfers into the Lake Conference teams in the past 2 years...
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

blueblood wrote:Here a few more for SlapShot:

Vanelli -Tonka
Snuggerud - Ep
Wahl - Wayzata

So with Thie, Hurley, and Warner, that makes at least 6 transfers into the Lake Conference teams in the past 2 years...
I said the three schools he named not all five. Of cuorse it happens, but relative frequency is the key.
Mailman

Post by Mailman »

Slap Shot wrote:
blueblood wrote:Here a few more for SlapShot:

Vanelli -Tonka
Snuggerud - Ep
Wahl - Wayzata

I said the three schools he named not all five. Of cuorse it happens, but relative frequency is the key.
And of course, there's the obvious difference between a handful of public school transferees, spread over a handful of schools, with the rest of the teams made up of non-transferees/average players, vs. the private school scenario of *every* entire line is made up of "transferees"/star players.

In other words, while some metro public schools may have a star or two import in, the rest of the players are average, etc.

While the private schools are the opposite; more star players than not.

I am not from the metro area; is this correct or not ?