Private School Trash talk thread

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Mailman wrote:While the private schools are the opposite; more star players than not.
Very true for a few private schools, notably HM and BSM. But other private schools have consistently weak hockey programs with only the very occasional star player. Most privates fall somewhere in between.
Mailman

Post by Mailman »

MNHockeyFan wrote:
Mailman wrote:While the private schools are the opposite; more star players than not.
Very true for a few private schools, notably HM and BSM. But other private schools have consistently weak hockey programs with only the very occasional star player. Most privates fall somewhere in between.
Thanks.
394 West

Post by 394 West »

Mailman wrote:
MNHockeyFan wrote:
Thanks.
Actually not accurate. The privates don't have any more or less transferring at junior or senior year than the above mentioned schools. They do however have the vast majority of their kids come in after bantams as freshman or sophomores. That's the nature of any private school as they don't have a youth system.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

394 West wrote:Actually not accurate. The privates don't have any more or less transferring at junior or senior year than the above mentioned schools. They do however have the vast majority of their kids come in after bantams as freshman or sophomores. That's the nature of any private school as they don't have a youth system.
Note that my reply to Mailman was referencing how many "star players" the private schools have in comparison to public schools. I was not commenting on how many transferred in from other areas, or when.
nahc

Post by nahc »

Wow, 35 pages of postings...........!!!! :D :D
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Great to see that STA has put on their big boy pants and the string of plastic trophies has come to a end. Welcome to reality!

Now it's time for some other pillagers to move up.

:P
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

MrBoDangles wrote:Great to see that STA has put on their big boy pants and the string of plastic trophies has come to a end. Welcome to reality!

They moved up, but we still 'dislike' them.
puckbreath

Post by puckbreath »

elliott70 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:Great to see that STA has put on their big boy pants and the string of plastic trophies has come to a end. Welcome to reality!

Yep !
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

elliott70 wrote:

I tried to give them that hint with "other pillagers".

:wink:
BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

Wow. 7 months without a single mention of a "private schools ruin MN HS hockey" thread being created or added to completely out of the blue. Impressive. I guess with STA moving up and a good grouping of public schools toward the top of AA that all is well in the kingdom?
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

BlueLineSpecial wrote:

Wow. 7 months without a single mention of a "private schools ruin MN HS hockey" thread being created or added to completely out of the blue. Impressive. I guess with STA moving up and a good grouping of public schools toward the top of AA that all is well in the kingdom?
\:D/
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Bump! It's time for it!
thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 »

MrBoDangles wrote:Bump! It's time for it!
[-o<

Letttt''ssss gooooooo
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

How it should be done:
-There should be one or two sections of only private schools that battle their way to the X..
- The days of town/city teams building great programs - through sweat and effort- only to get bumped by a planned out all star private school team needs to end.
- Public vs public - private vs private school sections and then meet at the X
- It's time for the MSHSL to stop bending over (backwards) and make things FAIR along all lines!

Isn't this a no brainer and the ONLY fair way to do things?

I think it would only BREATHE NEW LIFE into hockey in this state.

Thoughts?
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

MrBoDangles wrote:How it should be done:
-There should be one or two sections of only private schools that battle their way to the X..
- The days of town/city teams building great programs - through sweat and effort- only to get bumped by a planned out all star private school team needs to end.
- It's time for the MSHSL to stop bending over (backwards) and make things FAIR along all lines!

Thoughts?
Put all the privates in AA or in AA and there own section.
Privates need to get out of Class A period.
blackshadow

Post by blackshadow »

pekyman wrote:

Thoughts?

It is quite obvious Pekyman did not attend a Private School!
Froggy Richards

Post by Froggy Richards »

pekyman wrote:

Thoughts?
I agree, but you should also move up any Public schools that have a certain percentage of kids on the roster who do not live within the school district. I don't know what that percentage is but if you cross that line then you automatically get bumped up.
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

Froggy Richards wrote:
pekyman wrote:

Thoughts?
I agree, but you should also move up any Public schools that have a certain percentage of kids on the roster who do not live within the school district. I don't know what that percentage is but if you cross that line then you automatically get bumped up.
Not a bad idea, but they need to deal with the privates first. Move them out and all the sections that had Privates would start to get better.
I have nothing against private schools, but they are a different animal than a public school; especially a small public school.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Froggy Richards wrote:
pekyman wrote:

Thoughts?
Sounds good! Would still only be private schools since kids never really switch to other "A" public schools.

We'll keep plowing ahead with this..
OGEE OGELTHORPE

Post by OGEE OGELTHORPE »

When do the Private Schools hold the draft for next years talented kids?
OGEE OGELTHORPE

Post by OGEE OGELTHORPE »

Who has the first pick?

CDH or BSM?
Froggy Richards

Post by Froggy Richards »

MrBoDangles wrote:
Froggy Richards wrote:
pekyman wrote: Put all the privates in AA or in AA and there own section.
Sounds good! Would still only be private schools since kids never really switch to other "A" public schools.

We'll keep plowing ahead with this..
Are you trying to bait me? :lol:
kniven

Post by kniven »

OGEE OGELTHORPE wrote:When do the Private Schools hold the draft for next years talented kids?
I wouldn't mind private schools if they were all in one section.
thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 »

Does anyone have interest in joining me on a venture to open a parochial high school up in Hermantown?
EliteHockeyMind

Post by EliteHockeyMind »

WOW! I can't say I am surprised this thread was resurrected, since the other threads have a lot of the same discussion.

I think the funniest thing about this thread is that discussion of fans, parents and former players. When it comes to private schools potentially moving up classes it all revolves around the Headmaster, Dean, President..etc, determining if it is really going to make an athletic statement, or pull the "we're an academic first institution." Anyone who has attended a private school and played on or been a fan of a competitive team has always wanted their team to move up to AA.

Be careful what you wish for...how much would you miss the bickering if they actually did separate. Take a situation right now with LVN and Edina, wouldn't everyone be asking, I wonder how good they really are compared to those private schools. Will games during the regular season, or one final game really determine it all?
Hi, I'm a hockey player, but I'm playing golf today.