Private School Trash talk thread

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

SFA1992
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:57 am
Location: Yay Area

Post by SFA1992 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:28 am

thestickler07 wrote:MrBo stop picking on the youngins, they don't know any better!
Back in my day...

I mean, you're spouting some perceived generalizations and stereotypes about people I know, a culture I believe in, and a school that means a lot to me and countless others.

I'm not even a devout religious person, and I still can't see why that's making an appearance here.

But you're right, I don't know any better. After all, I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth.

SFA1992
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:57 am
Location: Yay Area

Post by SFA1992 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:31 am

MrBoDangles wrote:
SFA1992 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
HShockeywatcher wrote:
YearbookWontClose wrote:This argument has always really baffled me. I don't see how private schools have any more of an advantage of "recruiting" than the majority of public schools in the state. Any public school with open enrollment (which is the vast majority of the schools in the state) can also try to get players from outside of their district to come play for them. If anything, I think the private schools would be disadvantaged here because the parents need to pay tuition now rather than have their kids go to school for free. I have always felt that the biggest reason why people dislike private schools so much is because the families tend to have a lot of money and they just don't want to outright say that so they complain about other things instead. Just my opinion on this topic, feel free to try to open my eyes though.
I've been saying this for years.
MrBoDangles wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:How it should be done:
-There should be one or two sections of only private schools that battle their way to the X..
- The days of town/city teams building great programs - through sweat and effort- only to get bumped by a planned out all star private school team needs to end.
- Public vs public - private vs private school sections and then meet at the X
- It's time for the MSHSL to stop bending over (backwards) and make things FAIR along all lines!

Isn't this a no brainer and the ONLY fair way to do things?

I think it would only BREATHE NEW LIFE into hockey in this state.

Thoughts?
:!:
I understand that people dislike private schools as a whole because of the results of some.
In the interest of furthering the discussion, what things that private schools do are things you think public schools are unable to do?
I had a problem with STA's sandbagging through the years and their faculty knowing that they were.

I had a problem with STA crushing small town programs and then getting excited about their fake trophies.

I had a problem with a bunch of small town effort and sweat end up losing to a money grubbing faculty that knew the pillaging they were doing.

I had a very big problem with them being a "Christian Institution".

I took great pleasure listening to some STA dads say " The higher ups couldn't take mrbo's ribbing on the forum anymore otherwise we'd still be A". They sure changed fast after the threads on here... The dads(?) mostly sounded happy to be out of Class A.

You see, Watcher. It's all about the dollar behind the program and putting up an excellent store front. Is it possible that they didn't realize how evil (your STA) was being towards the small programs hopes and dreams? They knew. It's the reason why they changed all of a sudden when called out.

There's a ton of shame with some of those last trophies..

There you go! Wanna keep it going?
They were being called out the entire time I was there. When we lost to Duluth Marshall or the Zephyrs, the joke was that we should be in AA but still didn't win. Hermantown crushes small town teams too. They could move up. They don't have to, but they could. If you were in the student section for those wins you'd realize that yes, everyone was elated to have won, again, and again, but there was always the realization that the time was overdue to move up. I have a hunch you don't like a lot of things about your perceived "STA dads", too.

Keep the religion out of it. I mean, really? Reaaaaaaaally? Go speak with Fr. O'Brien, it'll take him 2 seconds or less to figure you out.
You get it, but then you don't right after...
I see that you're saying "had" as well. So AA was the cure to it all?

thestickler07
Posts: 774
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:00 pm

Post by thestickler07 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:37 am

SFA1992 wrote:Back in my day...

I mean, you're spouting some perceived generalizations and stereotypes about people I know, a culture I believe in, and a school that means a lot to me and countless others.

I'm not even a devout religious person, and I still can't see why that's making an appearance here.

But you're right, I don't know any better. After all, I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth.
What are you trying to say here?

SFA1992
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:57 am
Location: Yay Area

Post by SFA1992 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:43 am

thestickler07 wrote:
SFA1992 wrote:Back in my day...

I mean, you're spouting some perceived generalizations and stereotypes about people I know, a culture I believe in, and a school that means a lot to me and countless others.

I'm not even a devout religious person, and I still can't see why that's making an appearance here.

But you're right, I don't know any better. After all, I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth.
What are you trying to say here?
I disagree with the comments aimed at "STA dads", as many of them are parents of my friends, and I know they did not think this way. I also don't think there needs to be any mentioning of religion here because it really has nothing to do with hockey. That's all stickler.

thestickler07
Posts: 774
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:00 pm

Post by thestickler07 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:52 am

SFA1992 wrote:I disagree with the comments aimed at "STA dads", as many of them are parents of my friends, and I know they did not think this way. I also don't think there needs to be any mentioning of religion here because it really has nothing to do with hockey. That's all stickler.
You need to be better at recognizing the saltiness and letting it roll off.

SFA1992
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:57 am
Location: Yay Area

Post by SFA1992 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:57 am

thestickler07 wrote:
SFA1992 wrote:I disagree with the comments aimed at "STA dads", as many of them are parents of my friends, and I know they did not think this way. I also don't think there needs to be any mentioning of religion here because it really has nothing to do with hockey. That's all stickler.
You need to be better at recognizing the saltiness and letting it roll off.
Are we talkin Morton's salt or something else. The silver spoon comment was banter man

MrBoDangles
Posts: 4068
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:32 pm

Post by MrBoDangles » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:00 pm

SFA1992 wrote:
thestickler07 wrote:
SFA1992 wrote:Back in my day...

I mean, you're spouting some perceived generalizations and stereotypes about people I know, a culture I believe in, and a school that means a lot to me and countless others.

I'm not even a devout religious person, and I still can't see why that's making an appearance here.

But you're right, I don't know any better. After all, I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth.
What are you trying to say here?
I disagree with the comments aimed at "STA dads", as many of them are parents of my friends, and I know they did not think this way. I also don't think there needs to be any mentioning of religion here because it really has nothing to do with hockey. That's all stickler.
The dads were saying it.. Nothing "aimed" at STA dads.. Many dads (not all), the coaches and some of the faculty wanted to go AA.

The main papers, hockey hub and STA coaches said that bad publicity on the forum was the driving factor. I said it how I saw it and how it was. Pull up the articles..

No way possible that the faculty/religious leadership didn't have a clue to what was going on..

Maybe I'm being worked... :shock:

thestickler07
Posts: 774
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:00 pm

Post by thestickler07 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:06 pm

SFA1992 wrote:Are we talkin Morton's salt or something else. The silver spoon comment was banter man
Uff-da, I cringed reading that. Take a few off and read the forum more.

I refuse to believe this is the best STAA is pumping out.

SFA1992
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:57 am
Location: Yay Area

Post by SFA1992 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:08 pm

MrBoDangles wrote:
SFA1992 wrote:
thestickler07 wrote:
SFA1992 wrote:Back in my day...

I mean, you're spouting some perceived generalizations and stereotypes about people I know, a culture I believe in, and a school that means a lot to me and countless others.

I'm not even a devout religious person, and I still can't see why that's making an appearance here.

But you're right, I don't know any better. After all, I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth.
What are you trying to say here?
I disagree with the comments aimed at "STA dads", as many of them are parents of my friends, and I know they did not think this way. I also don't think there needs to be any mentioning of religion here because it really has nothing to do with hockey. That's all stickler.
The dads were saying it.. Nothing "aimed" at STA dads.. Many dads (not all), the coaches and some of the faculty wanted to go AA.

The main papers, hockey hub and STA coaches said that bad publicity on the forum was the driving factor. I said it how I saw it and how it was. Pull up the articles..

No way possible that the faculty/religious leadership didn't have a clue to what was going on..

Maybe I'm being worked... :shock:
I think the articles and public opinion finally drove home to the few who were in charge that AA was way overdue and the right thing. You're right. I couldn't tell what you really meant with the dad comment.

The faculty and religious leadership are there to teach, the athletics were left to the admin. I sincerely believe there's not a whole lot they could do.

SFA1992
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:57 am
Location: Yay Area

Post by SFA1992 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:09 pm

thestickler07 wrote:
SFA1992 wrote:Are we talkin Morton's salt or something else. The silver spoon comment was banter man
Uff-da, I cringed reading that. Take a few off and read the forum more.

I refuse to believe this is the best STAA is pumping out.
What's wrong with Mortons?

Schotzy
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:36 am

Post by Schotzy » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:45 pm

MrBoDangles wrote:I had a very big problem with them being a "Christian Institution".
Wow! You are either the troll of all trolls, or a very sad, bitter, person. Either way, Wow!

Are you a fan of a team that has been beaten by private schools quite a bit? I just want to understand your position, because I am not really seeing any solid reasons for your stance, other than you are trying to get in to arguments with people. Which means you are just a troll, and I am fine with that. Just don't expect me to continue the conversation if you can not answer honestly. I don't have the time.

MrBoDangles
Posts: 4068
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:32 pm

Post by MrBoDangles » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:11 pm

Schotzy wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:I had a very big problem with them being a "Christian Institution".
Wow! You are either the troll of all trolls, or a very sad, bitter, person. Either way, Wow!

Are you a fan of a team that has been beaten by private schools quite a bit? I just want to understand your position, because I am not really seeing any solid reasons for your stance, other than you are trying to get in to arguments with people. Which means you are just a troll, and I am fine with that. Just don't expect me to continue the conversation if you can not answer honestly. I don't have the time.
It's really very simple: You shouldn't pillage for profit behind a religious storefront..

They were forced to comply with ending the pillaging.

Let's get back to putting the private schools in a section together!

:D

SFA1992
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:57 am
Location: Yay Area

Post by SFA1992 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:17 pm

MBD what do you mean "Pillage for profit?" Sorry that part has me confused.

We are just not going to agree on the private schools should all be in the same section argument. Sections should be strictly based on geography IMO, but hey, that's just me.

Schotzy
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:36 am

Post by Schotzy » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:30 pm

SFA1992 wrote:We are just not going to agree on the private schools should all be in the same section argument. Sections should be strictly based on geography IMO, but hey, that's just me.
In am with you SFA1992. I also know that the majority of the real world agrees. I am done arguing with stupid people here.

I am cheering for East today, simply because I am up that way, and I know kids on the team, but good luck to STA. Have a wonderful day.

MrBoDangles
Posts: 4068
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:32 pm

Post by MrBoDangles » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:34 pm

thestickler07 wrote:MrBo stop picking on the youngins, they don't know any better!
:idea:

SFA1992
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:57 am
Location: Yay Area

Post by SFA1992 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:09 pm

ouch.

Schotzy
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:36 am

Post by Schotzy » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:12 pm

SFA1992 wrote:ouch.
That was a fun game SFA! I love overtime!

OGEE OGELTHORPE
Posts: 703
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:44 pm
Location: State of shock/without the awe

Post by OGEE OGELTHORPE » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:14 pm

What time does Hill_Murray play tomorrow?

Schotzy
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:36 am

Post by Schotzy » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:36 am

OGEE OGELTHORPE wrote:What time does Hill_Murray play tomorrow?
HA!

Just Checking
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:12 pm

Post by Just Checking » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:00 pm

GrandMeadow. I think this is where the moderators would like you to talk about how fun it was to watch the Cadets lose at state so you could give a few of them your consolation tickets and how great it will be to not see them back for 10 more years. :lol: Please hold your breath on that last one!!

grandmeadowhockeyfan
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:23 pm

Post by grandmeadowhockeyfan » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:19 pm

Your right. Right after they pillage another bantam program or two they will probably be back in state. That was really enjoyable offering concellation tickets to cadets on that Friday. They didn't seem quite as cocky after that game. I loved the no one like you chant. They then chanted we don't care as the game turned and easy made the comeback win. The stunned silence was priceless!!!!

Just Checking
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:12 pm

Post by Just Checking » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:31 pm

grandmeadowhockeyfan wrote:Your right. Right after they pillage another bantam program or two they will probably be back in state. That was really enjoyable offering concellation tickets to cadets on that Friday. They didn't seem quite as cocky after that game. I loved the no one like you chant. They then chanted we don't care as the game turned and easy made the comeback win. The stunned silence was priceless!!!!
gmhf This is actually one of your most coherent posts, but what was the chant you loved? And what was the response that changed the game? I get your last sentance but it was actually quite loud in the X. 15 of the 17K were going nuts. That is what you meant right?

grandmeadowhockeyfan
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:23 pm

Post by grandmeadowhockeyfan » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:36 pm

"Nobody likes you" by east fans. The cadets responded "we don't care". Directly after that east made THE COMEBACK!! The east men made the comeback they outplayed the cadets in every way! The cheers had nothing to do with it!

Post Reply