Section 1A

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

urban iceman

Re: Everyone seems to want to dismiss the West no show vs. N

Post by urban iceman »

Cootslayer wrote:Been wanting to see West all year and drove down to Roch just to see them.

Take out the 6 minutes in the third where NP fell apart and that was 45 minutes of bad HS hockey by West.

The antics of West's coach was worth the drive, should they pull it off I wonder if he will act that way when they are getting smoked by Hermantown or STA on TV?

Great goaltending saved the day as can often happen in sections.

Lourdes 6 - 1
Good call 6-1 Lourdes Final.
HockeyRoch

Post by HockeyRoch »

Final 6-1 Lourdes over West.

I thought this would be a closer game. When I was at the game there wasn't a doubt in my mind who the better team was. It almost seemed like Lourdes was gracefully going into the corners and back checking with a means of conserving energy and they were still winning 90% of the races to the puck and getting much better quality scoring chances when in the offensive zone.

I thought Mankato would bring a better game than that. I don't know if they were nervous or had bus legs but they didn't do anything to give themselves a chance.

Lourdes should get a better seed in the State Tournament this year. It will be interesting to see if they can use that to advance into the later rounds.

Good season by both.
OU812

Post by OU812 »

Hats off to Lourdes, and then some. Wow. Awesome crowd for both teams
too - largest I've ever seen at the Rec, anyway. Well Scarlet fans, it was fun for one period, at least...

Lourdes played way better than the first time these teams played - faster and Funk was at another level. West had trouble handling the puck all night, the two power plays went nowhere, and they only had nine SOG by the end of the second.

Good luck to the Eagles at State. Playing like that, you will make some real noise.