Eden Prairie Overrated?

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

urban iceman

Post by urban iceman » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:25 am

Wasilla wrote:
PuckU126 wrote:
tonkafan77 wrote:After a close OT win against Hopkins tonight to "bolster" their record to 7-7-1....it just leaves me wondering what the heck happened to this team
Graduation happened.

8)
That is a hilarious comment..."Graduation happened?" who graduated in 2012 that made a big enough impact on EP Varsity in 2012 to cause this deficit?

The thing that DID happen is that 8 class of 2014 kids have transferred into Eden Prairie in the last few years; ironically they are all in the HS hockey program (and none are on JG;)
Soooo true!!
Class of 2014 has been a strong year for EP hockey players since squirts and won state as bantams...but @ HS instead of developing and rewarding EP kids; transfers took their place and chemistry and hometown loyalty has gone out the window...

OnFrozenPond

Post by OnFrozenPond » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:52 am

urban iceman wrote:
Wasilla wrote:
PuckU126 wrote:
tonkafan77 wrote:After a close OT win against Hopkins tonight to "bolster" their record to 7-7-1....it just leaves me wondering what the heck happened to this team
Graduation happened.

8)
That is a hilarious comment..."Graduation happened?" who graduated in 2012 that made a big enough impact on EP Varsity in 2012 to cause this deficit?
I wouldn't diminish their contribution. No superstars, but an underapreciated group of very solid contributers that every team needs.