Section 6A!

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

DanglinDMan27

Section 6A!

Post by DanglinDMan27 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:49 am

Who comes out section 6 this year?

Do Couture and the boys rally for one more trip to the X or do you see someone else coming out of the section?

CanucksScout

Post by CanucksScout » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:54 am

Alexandria always has a hot squad...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EGG85-efMk

But seriously Little Falls has it in the bag. Ben Newman has some serious grit and toughness. Plus its tough to get the puck past Stumpf in net.

Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:16 am

I wouldn't hand it to the Flyers just yet. I saw the game last nite and I think LF only won 1 period. Alex took it to them in the 1st and 3rd. LF will have to be less selfish and play better as a team to win the section this year. I think Alex, Apollo and Fergus could all pull an upset.

CanucksScout

Post by CanucksScout » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:25 am

Fergus lost the only player on the team who can skate, Jake Uhlgren. Good luck Fergus Falls. Alexandria would have to pull an upset and Little Falls has a strong core of seniors that will not let that happen.

DanglinDMan27

Post by DanglinDMan27 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:29 am

LF is the most battled tested team by far. A core group of seniors that are playing their 4th year of Varsity hockey. Don't think for a second that they have forgotten what happened in the playoffs 2 years ago to them. After feeling that pain I don't think they will let that happen again.

Coach Watkins

Post by Coach Watkins » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:05 pm

Does apollo still have a team?

GordonBombay99

Post by GordonBombay99 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:19 pm

Coach Watkins wrote:Does apollo still have a team?
Yeah a team that almost pulled off an upset last night against Brainerd, they may have blown a 3 goal lead against them but they have some top line talent. They need to get some consistancy from their goaltending and some secondary scoring before they will give Little Falls a run for their money. But Apollo has always been a team in recent years who plays its best hockey come playoff time. (2 years agao against Little Falls)

Coach Watkins

Post by Coach Watkins » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:26 pm

With a goalie who had 50+ saves. I do not see Charlie Pentz in net and stumpf is two years older. will not happen again.

GordonBombay99

Post by GordonBombay99 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:45 pm

Coach Watkins wrote:With a goalie who had 50+ saves. I do not see Charlie Pentz in net and stumpf is two years older. will not happen again.
Well see if Little Falls decides to show up come playoff time.

Coach Watkins

Post by Coach Watkins » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:57 pm

they always do, good goalies can steal games in playoffs.

deacon64

Post by deacon64 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:06 pm

CanucksScout wrote:Fergus lost the only player on the team who can skate, Jake Uhlgren. Good luck Fergus Falls.
Get real, comments like this are unfounded.

Willmar, Fergus, Alex plus a sleeper or two. No penalities and hot goalie leaves section wide open.

Coach Watkins

Post by Coach Watkins » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:13 pm

I was just trying to make a point. They lost their best player and little falls has a veteran goalie and a real hard working, hard checking team. It will be tough to go 3 periods against them come playoffs.

joris016

Post by joris016 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:22 pm

Fergus Falls lost 5-1 last Friday at Little Falls. Little Falls appears to be the front runner to come out of section 6, with Alexandria at a close number 2. From there, the 3-5 teams will all be close. But at this point, and most likely at the end of the year, Little Falls and Alexandria are above the rest.

SmallTownBigDreams

Re

Post by SmallTownBigDreams » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:48 pm

CanucksScout wrote:Fergus lost the only player on the team who can skate, Jake Uhlgren. Good luck Fergus Falls. Alexandria would have to pull an upset and Little Falls has a strong core of seniors that will not let that happen.
Ahlgren**
And if he's the only player that can skate, how come Joe Nathe Plays for Fergus and he's a senior defencemen and has made it to the final 54's two years in a row?
Sam Raush can also handle the puck fairly well, same with Jesse Ketonen who is a foreign exchange student from finland.

Fergus could easily pull off an upset as playoffs are completely different from the regular season.

GordonBombay99

Re: Re

Post by GordonBombay99 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:59 pm

SmallTownBigDreams wrote:
CanucksScout wrote:Fergus lost the only player on the team who can skate, Jake Uhlgren. Good luck Fergus Falls. Alexandria would have to pull an upset and Little Falls has a strong core of seniors that will not let that happen.
Ahlgren**
And if he's the only player that can skate, how come Joe Nathe Plays for Fergus and he's a senior defencemen and has made it to the final 54's two years in a row?
Sam Raush can also handle the puck fairly well, same with Jesse Ketonen who is a foreign exchange student from finland.

Fergus could easily pull off an upset as playoffs are completely different from the regular season.
Its going to be a 4 team race, regardless of how everyone seems to think Little Falls is the clear runaway winner, thats why they play the games.

mn miracle man

Post by mn miracle man » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:21 pm

GordonBombay99 wrote:
Yeah a team that almost pulled off an upset last night against Brainerd, they may have blown a 3 goal lead against them but they have some top line talent. They need to get some consistancy from their goaltending and some secondary scoring before they will give Little Falls a run for their money. But Apollo has always been a team in recent years who plays its best hockey come playoff time. (2 years agao against Little Falls)
Didn't Apollo lose to Sartell in the first round of playoffs last year? They only had like 6 wins...granted they had their number in the season but doesn't sound like a "playoff" team regardless of their one upset.

Post by 1997 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:06 pm

mn miracle man wrote:
GordonBombay99 wrote:
Didn't Apollo lose to Sartell in the first round of playoffs last year? They only had like 6 wins...granted they had their number in the season but doesn't sound like a "playoff" team regardless of their one upset.
I could be wrong but wasn't Sartell the higher seed against SCA last year? I think Sartell beat Apollo 3 times last year.

in2hockey

Post by in2hockey » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:56 pm

Now with the season half over how would you rank the teams in section 6A? Big match up this week when Apollo hosts Little Falls.

defense

Post by defense » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:31 am

It's alot less cloudy. Somehow LF comes back year after year...they have a good thing going these days. Apollo would seem like the next one in line. No doubt Ahlgren was a big piece for FF, but they should've had enough talent to be the contender anyway... another dissapointing team. Alex, willmar sartell all rank behind apollo and ahead of ff imho pretty balanced

Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:33 am

defense wrote:It's alot less cloudy. Somehow LF comes back year after year...they have a good thing going these days. Apollo would seem like the next one in line. No doubt Ahlgren was a big piece for FF, but they should've had enough talent to be the contender anyway... another dissapointing team. Alex, willmar sartell all rank behind apollo and ahead of ff imho pretty balanced
I'd put Alex right there with LF and Apollo. The rest seem to be a step back, but I think Sartell, FF and Willmar could pull an upset on an off night.

RRubberbeeskit

Post by RRubberbeeskit » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:30 am

Mite-dad wrote:
defense wrote:It's alot less cloudy. Somehow LF comes back year after year...they have a good thing going these days. Apollo would seem like the next one in line. No doubt Ahlgren was a big piece for FF, but they should've had enough talent to be the contender anyway... another dissapointing team. Alex, willmar sartell all rank behind apollo and ahead of ff imho pretty balanced
I'd put Alex right there with LF and Apollo. The rest seem to be a step back, but I think Sartell, FF and Willmar could pull an upset on an off night.
Just when Alex seemed to be picking up some steam it all just seems to have gone away except for the great goaltending by Allen.
They have lost 7 of the last 8 games.
Seedings and Section playoffs will be quite interesting. Will Alex recover or will the Otters fly under the radar and roll on to the X? :?: :lol:

Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:14 pm

Yeah, Alex has kind of shocked me with how they've collapsed. If they don't right the ship, they'll have a quick exit from the section.

GordonBombay99

Post by GordonBombay99 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:20 pm

Mite-dad wrote:Yeah, Alex has kind of shocked me with how they've collapsed. If they don't right the ship, they'll have a quick exit from the section.
Are they even a top 4 seed now in 6A? They arent playing anywhere close to the level they should be at.

defense

Post by defense » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:58 pm

Prediction
1LF
2Apollo HS
3FF
4 Sartell
5Willmar
6Alexandria

3 ,4,and 5 are a mess..

Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:04 pm

If Alex beats FF they may jump a spot or two. I think they could get to 4, but no better than that.