AA Rankings for 12/23/12

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

BlueLineSpecial

spot on

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

I think the rankings look very good. Once you get past the top few teams, I'm sure its quite difficult to rank. And of course it seems to change weekly. Always look forward to these; thanks for taking the time to do them.

I do think these holiday tournaments will go a long way in determining the cream of the crop. A lot of tough games and teams that are looking to cement their place will have to win several games against great competition over a few-day stretch.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

scorekeeper wrote:Bravo. It took a while but you got there. That's exactly my point. Tough to play teams ahead of you when there aren't any/many
It doesn't matter that they're not playing anyone "ahead" of them their remaining schedule still dwarfs Eagan's.
scorekeeper

Post by scorekeeper »

Slap Shot wrote:
scorekeeper wrote:Bravo. It took a while but you got there. That's exactly my point. Tough to play teams ahead of you when there aren't any/many
It doesn't matter that they're not playing anyone "ahead" of them their remaining schedule still dwarfs Eagan's.
Ummm, ok ... :roll:

That's been established several times over in this thread. Edina, and some other Lake Conference teams have the States toughest schedules. Nobody is arguing otherwise
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

It really doesnt matter who has a tougher schedule, just win baby!! It will all get worked out come playoff and tourney time.
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB
Vapor

Post by Vapor »

Plenty of good hockey this week. Schwann Cup play will answer a lot of questions this week .
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Thanks, as always, for the kind words and good discussion. Merry Christmas, everyone!
tonkafan77

Post by tonkafan77 »

Blaine is looking quite weak this tournament, losing to Burnsville 2-0 and losing to Minnetonka 4-0 at the end of the second period. I have not seen them play prior to this week. They must've had the game of their lives against Benilde because I do not see how this team could've beat them.
Wside

Post by Wside »

tonkafan77 wrote:Blaine is looking quite weak this tournament, losing to Burnsville 2-0 and losing to Minnetonka 4-0 at the end of the second period. I have not seen them play prior to this week. They must've had the game of their lives against Benilde because I do not see how this team could've beat them.
Blaine played a good game vs BSM. A big factor in that game was that BSM had 6 penalties to Blaine's 1
Hscout000

Post by Hscout000 »

Well I did notice they played without there top defensemen today this was the worst I had seen them look by far maybe Copa is even better than I thought or if the team just struggled.
GOPHERFAN119

Post by GOPHERFAN119 »

I hope you reconsider your rankings for Wayzata next week.

They don't deserve to be ranked 8th.

Maybe your rankings should resemble lets play hockey.

A thumping against Jefferson and up 4 to 1 in the 2nd vs Moorhead.

Go Trojans.....,.
scorekeeper

Post by scorekeeper »

Eagan also thumped Jefferson, rolled up a 4-1 score on Moorhead and are the only team besides St. Thomas that Hill Murray couldn't beat through 3 periods.

1.) Hill Murray
2.) BSM
3.) Edina
4.) Eagan
5.) Wayzata
6.) Burnsville
7.) Minnetonka
8.) Blaine
9.) Duluth East
10) Prior Lake
tonkafan77

Post by tonkafan77 »

scorekeeper wrote:Eagan also thumped Jefferson, rolled up a 4-1 score on Moorhead and are the only team besides St. Thomas that Hill Murray couldn't beat through 3 periods.

1.) Hill Murray
2.) BSM
3.) Edina
4.) Eagan
5.) Wayzata
6.) Burnsville
7.) Minnetonka
8.) Blaine
9.) Duluth East
10) Prior Lake
If Wayzata wins tomorrow night, they deserve the #2 spot, possibly even #1 if Hill loses tonight. I don't know how much I agree about having Eagan ahead of Tonka because they handled em pretty good. I may be biased though
scorekeeper

Post by scorekeeper »

tonkafan77 wrote:
scorekeeper wrote:Eagan also thumped Jefferson, rolled up a 4-1 score on Moorhead and are the only team besides St. Thomas that Hill Murray couldn't beat through 3 periods.

1.) Hill Murray
2.) BSM
3.) Edina
4.) Eagan
5.) Wayzata
6.) Burnsville
7.) Minnetonka
8.) Blaine
9.) Duluth East
10) Prior Lake
If Wayzata wins tomorrow night, they deserve the #2 spot, possibly even #1 if Hill loses tonight. I don't know how much I agree about having Eagan ahead of Tonka because they handled em pretty good. I may be biased though
Your bias. Eagan outshot the Skippers despite being shortahdned and flu-ridden. If it weren't for the shorthanded scoop by Coata it's a different result. I would still say Tonka deserved to edge Eagan out though, as a win is a win, however, with the Skippers recent struggles, I do think it's time for an adjustment.

Trojans eeked out the win over Moorhead 4-3
Bonehead

Post by Bonehead »

Trojans eeked out the win over Moorhead 4-3[/quote]

Umm...ok :roll:

sog after 2 28-8 for Wayzata and a 4-1 lead. They let in 2 goals on 4 shots in the third. Not what I would call a classic eek.