Apollo (6-3) vs Cathedral (6-3) 12-26-12 7:15pm

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:40 pm

Crusaders
62%
Eagles
38%

Total votes: 13

HShockeywatcher

Apollo (6-3) vs Cathedral (6-3) 12-26-12 7:15pm

Post by HShockeywatcher »

It's been a while since there was any question who was the best team in St Cloud, but the Eagles of Apollo are giving doubt to that. On Wednesday they could show everyone it is in fact not Cathedral...

Regardless of the result of this game, Apollo is likely going to be a high seed in 6A this year and give Little Falls a run for their money. Going 3-0 this week would help both teams a lot; should be a great game in what is the home site for both teams.
GordonBombay99

Post by GordonBombay99 »

This game will be the best game outta the whole Granite City Classic which now only features 4 teams this year. I would like to see Poganski play in this game but due to the U-17 team he wont be, its going to be closer than most people think and Apollo is going to need to get some luck in net, but a 5-3 or 5-2 game is what I think for Cathedral.
BobSaget

Post by BobSaget »

I'll go ahead and guess that Cathedral will get the W. Hopefully it will be a close one.

Apollo is much improved and will most likely end up a top 2 or 3 seed if what I have seen from them proves true.

Cathedral seems to be judged a lot by their loss to Princeton. I'm not worried much about that loss...most teams would have won by a larger margin if they played 1/3 of the game with a two man advantage.

All this said...I've got the Crusaders in this on 7-5.
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

I think this one will be high scoring but I will take the Eagles in a 6-5 OT win
Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

GordonBombay99 wrote:This game will be the best game outta the whole Granite City Classic which now only features 4 teams this year. I would like to see Poganski play in this game but due to the U-17 team he wont be, its going to be closer than most people think and Apollo is going to need to get some luck in net, but a 5-3 or 5-2 game is what I think for Cathedral.
Is everyone counting Tech out of this tourney? Seems they are fairly competitive this year.
BobSaget

Post by BobSaget »

Mite-dad wrote:
GordonBombay99 wrote:This game will be the best game outta the whole Granite City Classic which now only features 4 teams this year. I would like to see Poganski play in this game but due to the U-17 team he wont be, its going to be closer than most people think and Apollo is going to need to get some luck in net, but a 5-3 or 5-2 game is what I think for Cathedral.
Is everyone counting Tech out of this tourney? Seems they are fairly competitive this year.
I'm not counting Tech out of the "tournament" (more like just 3 rivalry games, IMO). I just don't feel able to comment on what they've got to offer as I've yet to see them play.

What I do know is that Jake Peterson will be a dominant high school player once he's back in full swing. This kid played a full season of junior hockey last year and undoubtedly developed greatly both physically and as a player. He is a very very good skater.

I'm excited to see what Tech can bring to the table...unfortunately, I won't be able to see them play today most likely as I'll be punching holes through ice before the night game. But...Sauk Rapids isn't the team I want to see them play against anyway.
northern_guy

Post by northern_guy »

even with poganski gone apollo cant have make this a game.... combine tech and apollo to end the embarrasment and put a respectable program on the ice for a change.
blindref

Post by blindref »

northern_guy wrote:even with poganski gone apollo cant have make this a game.... combine tech and apollo to end the embarrasment and put a respectable program on the ice for a change.
Tech 1
Cathedral 0

Final

Oops
DKS1962

Post by DKS1962 »

Northern_guy constantly puts down the public schools.

Nice win for Tech
GordonBombay99

Post by GordonBombay99 »

DKS1962 wrote:Northern_guy constantly puts down the public schools.

Nice win for Tech
Its all hes done for over a year now, ive just learned to ignore him, its always about central Minnesota schools too.
northern_guy

Post by northern_guy »

Nice win for Tech
nice win for tech? they were outshot 24-12 and SCC was missing a Division 1 recruit....if you think for a secodn tech is better than cathedral or that they ever will be again you have rocks in you head.
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

northern_guy wrote:

Nice win for Tech
nice win for tech? they were outshot 24-12 and SCC was missing a Division 1 recruit....if you think for a secodn tech is better than cathedral or that they ever will be again you have rocks in you head.
None of that was said. Two statements were made; one was for sure true and you just proved the other to be true :lol:
Hershaw09

Post by Hershaw09 »

Ugh... As it was a win for tech, tech played their best and scc played their worst. The St. Cloud area has always taken their hockey serious and it's too bad to see the two public schools falling apart... Not saying its kids fault or coaching (not saying it doesn't contribute) but its mostly numbers and it would be hard to argue that a merger wouldn't benefit the area up there in St. Cloud so I hear yeah north guy
blindref

Post by blindref »

Tech is 8-1
Apollo is 6-6

Not exactly falling apart.