Section 3A (2012-13 Season)

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins Section 3A this year (2012-13)?

Hutch
27%
Marshall
15%
New Ulm Area
21%
Windom
2%
LDC
3%
Luverne
32%

Total votes: 66

SEpuck

Re: semi finals

Post by SEpuck »

jeffpv wrote:
SEpuck wrote:
Section 3A HockeyScout wrote: My Love for Hutch ? I just like their team it is going to take a big physical team to slow down a very YOUNG New Ulm. New Ulm only has 4 players who have played on this stage. Hutch has 16 letterwinners who played this game last year!

They met in New Ulm on the Big Sheet (I was there) it was a very very EVEN game New Ulm won 4-3 but it could of gone either way. I really like Hutch's chances based off of watching that game. Also, New Ulm has lost games to teams in the Wright County that play physical (Mound (The Harlem Shake) Westonka, Orono, Waconia, Delano) They struggle in that style of game. They dont get their big sheet to open things up. That is why I picked Hutch.

Marshall dismantled Luverne at Luverne it was 4 to 1 could of easily been 8 to 1 (I was there). Since that game I just was so unimpressed with Luverne and their lack of any systems or coaching. This is the perfect game for Marshall they have basically their last chance in about 10 years to beat Luverne. They are one of Luverne's 3 losses on the year. Campion is better then Meyer in big games. Campion coming off a 30 save shutout Meyer let in a goal on 10 shots last game??? To me this screams a team ready to be beat. Late in the year common opponent Morris Benson they beat Luverne.... Marshall handled them easily twice.

Yes I find people like RollCards very annoying the Luverne crew on here refuses to give anyone any credit and whines if someone points out their weakness. A team that actually plays systems and is coached can beat the run and gun open hockey playing cards.

BETTMAN beers on me after your Tigers take down the Cardinals Yes TONIGHT!
You are not being objective at all... Last game a goalie gave up 1 goal on 10 shots? That doesnt mean a thing... as a goalie those can be the hardest games you play in as the puck is in the other zone the whole night. Especially if you are up 4-5 goals early. They put up 7 on campion the last time they played. Meyer has wins against far better teams than he does as well. You just dont like luvurne which is fine... just dont dance around it.
Actually, 1 goal in 10 shots is a 90% save percentage, which is very good for a goalie.
Yea I forgot to put that as well... just pointing out, as a goalie you like to keep yourself busy... and its hard if your dominated. Its not like he gave up 3 on 10 shots
casualobserver

Post by casualobserver »

A case can be made for any one of the four remaining teams to win this section. That's why this section is one of the best in Minnesota. Not cause we have the best teams, but because it's always competitive. It's what makes this thread the best on this site at least until section play is over. Those sour high school all-star team parents and players don't get it.

I'd like to look more into an earlier comment about the Sioux Falls, SD connection to Luverne. You don't think hockey crazed parents would move to Luverne for their kid to play in MSHSL and commute to work do you???

My prediction for tonight: TIGERS RULE!!!
gingerroll

Post by gingerroll »

If tonight will be TIGERNATION, both the Tigers will have a couple of questions to answer.

Can the Marshall Tigers keep pace with the run and gun offence of the Cards?

Can the Hutch Tigers forward learn to score and figure out how to take care of the defence side in their zone?

Predictions
Luverne 5
Marshall 2

New Ulm 8
Hutch 2
CherryPicker99

Post by CherryPicker99 »

casualobserver wrote:A case can be made for any one of the four remaining teams to win this section. That's why this section is one of the best in Minnesota. Not cause we have the best teams, but because it's always competitive. It's what makes this thread the best on this site at least until section play is over. Those sour high school all-star team parents and players don't get it.

I'd like to look more into an earlier comment about the Sioux Falls, SD connection to Luverne. You don't think hockey crazed parents would move to Luverne for their kid to play in MSHSL and commute to work do you???
My prediction for tonight: TIGERS RULE!!!
I've heard of a few families from the youth programs actually considering this. However, there has only been one family in the past 13 years to actually follow through with it.

My prediction is the Section Final will be a repeat of last year. I'm expecting two very competitive games tonight. Good luck to all teams!
SEpuck

Post by SEpuck »

Luverne 1
Marshall 1

After 1

edit
Marshall 3
Luverne 1

after 2

Upset Alert

edit

Marshall 4
Luverne 2

2 min left gonna be a long night for cardinal fans
Bettman's Bender

Post by Bettman's Bender »

Pride comes before the fall.
Marshall 5
Luverne 3

In depth analysis to follow
jeffpv

Post by jeffpv »

Bettman's Bender wrote:Pride comes before the fall.
Marshall 5
Luverne 3

Wow :!:

Looks like another New Ulm trip to St Paul.
inthestands

Post by inthestands »

jeffpv wrote:
Marshall 5
Luverne 3

Wow :!:

Looks like another New Ulm trip to St Paul.
And here I thought someone had to win another game before St Paul reservations get made.....
gingerroll

Post by gingerroll »

Cards forgot to roll
Gretzky9

Post by Gretzky9 »

I'll be the first to eat some crow on Luverne. Hutch helps me though.
gingerroll

Post by gingerroll »

Gretzky9 wrote:I'll be the first to eat some crow on Luverne. Hutch helps me though.

How does Hutch help you?
gingerroll

Post by gingerroll »

Marshall 5
Luverne 3

Looking forward to the feedback, i missed that game
Gretzky9

Post by Gretzky9 »

gingerroll wrote:
Gretzky9 wrote:I'll be the first to eat some crow on Luverne. Hutch helps me though.

How does Hutch help you?
Have been on the Hutch bandwagon to make a run leading up to the playoffs.
bardown27

Post by bardown27 »

Hutch 3
New Ulm 2

Looks like it'll be a 4 and a 6 seed in the section final

My prediction: the tigers will be making a trip to the X
gingerroll

Post by gingerroll »

bardown27 wrote:Hutch 3
New Ulm 2

That is a very gutsy prediction
Section 3A HockeyScout

Post by Section 3A HockeyScout »

Hmm.....

Marshall and Hutch win...

Pretty smart guy to see two upsets happening...

Bettman :D Glad to see your back!

Marshall gets major bragging rights they OWN LUVERNE!...

Where is notTonight????

In the end coaching was Luverne's undoing hopefully they get the current regime out of there in a hurry!!!! and find at least a decent hockey mind. Luverne losing to Marshall with that big of a talent gap wow... Like I said hopefully they can get some real coaching down there and build a program.

Hutch Dethrone's New Ulm good for the Tigers I liked this team all year never waivered from it.

Unsung hero: Mr. Campion the third period the cardinals threw a ton of rubber on him but he was a wall.

Biggest Winner: Dave Coudert all this guy has gotten this year is heat on this board. Well he just pulled a huge upset over a much more talented team. Congrats coach one step away from state!!

TIGERNATION!!!
SEpuck

Post by SEpuck »

Section 3A HockeyScout wrote:Hmm.....

Where is notTonight????

In the end coaching was Luverne's undoing hopefully they get the current regime out of there in a hurry!!!! and find at least a decent hockey mind. Luverne losing to Marshall with that big of a talent gap wow... Like I said hopefully they can get some real coaching down there and build a program.

Hutch Dethrone's New Ulm good for the Tigers I liked this team all year never waivered from it.

Unsung hero: Mr. Campion the third period the cardinals threw a ton of rubber on him but he was a wall.

Biggest Winner: Dave Coudert all this guy has gotten this year is heat on this board. Well he just pulled a huge upset over a much more talented team. Congrats coach one step away from state!!

TIGERNATION!!!
Not even a fan of this section but you really irk me. I was going to congratulate you on well picked games however your recent comments are childish and pathetic. Act like you have won before bud. Did your kid get cut from Luverne or something? You have a personal vendetta against their coaching staff... upsets happen, thats sports... does New Ulms coach need to be fired as well? Minnetonka got upset as well, do they need to be kicked to the curb? You need to cool your jets.

With that being said congrats to both teams, I hope to see Marshall get there for the 1st time, however I do not feel the either team will be able to keep a game close at the X, which is unfortunate. Lets hope they dont play STA
woodpencil

Post by woodpencil »

and I was discussed with the Luverne fans on here??? :roll:

Last I checked, it was the players that played the game. Luverne was the better team on the ice. Better athletes. Better coaching.

The difference in the game was the hot goalie from Marshall. period.

The only thing you got right is that the Marshall program is going downhill. give some thanks to your "biggest winner". From what I could see of the Marshall coaching last night, they couldn't even break it out of the zone and passed to Luverne more than they did to their own teammates. Great coaching plan Marshall!

you rode the back of a good goalie performance and beat Luverne thanks to the unsung hero.

Where is notTonight????

TIGERNATION!!!
Teak

Post by Teak »

bardown27 wrote:Hutch 3
New Ulm 2

You are so insightful! :lol:
Teak

Post by Teak »

woodpencil wrote:and I was discussed with the Luverne fans on here??? :roll:

Last I checked, it was the players that played the game. Luverne was the better team on the ice. Better athletes. Better coaching.

The difference in the game was the hot goalie from Marshall. period.

The only thing you got right is that the Marshall program is going downhill. give some thanks to your "biggest winner". From what I could see of the Marshall coaching last night, they couldn't even break it out of the zone and passed to Luverne more than they did to their own teammates. Great coaching plan Marshall!

you rode the back of a good goalie performance and beat Luverne thanks to the unsung hero.

TIGERNATION!!!
Don't you see the connection? "Couldn't break it out of their zone" = Coudert. All season long.

So 3A sends an extremely weak sister to the X. We're going to hear from the 3A critics for another year about this.... :oops:
no5hole

Post by no5hole »

A lot of salty Luverne fans on here. boo hoo, you just had a good goalie, boo hoo, sending a weak sister, boo hoo. GIVE IT UP! you lost!!!!!!!! and we all been saying all year to shut your yappers on the msg board because it comes back to haunt you every time. Then we have people sending NU to state before they even win against Hutch.... oh and then they lose. Some people will never learn.
Rant over - on to my question. if Hutch wins, would they have the worst record and still make it to state?
gingerroll

Post by gingerroll »

Rosemount had 6 wins in the 92 tournament and were runner ups.
SEpuck

Post by SEpuck »

no5hole wrote:A lot of salty Luverne fans on here. boo hoo, you just had a good goalie, boo hoo, sending a weak sister, boo hoo. GIVE IT UP! you lost!!!!!!!! and we all been saying all year to shut your yappers on the msg board because it comes back to haunt you every time. Then we have people sending NU to state before they even win against Hutch.... oh and then they lose. Some people will never learn.
Rant over - on to my question. if Hutch wins, would they have the worst record and still make it to state?
Im not a Luverne fan or a fan of anyone in this section. Im section 1 guy so Ive been dealing with other fans around the state criticizing my section for years, so I know what 3a has been dealing with lately. I was hoping for a team to come out of this section that could compete at the X, unfortunately it doesnt look like that is going to happen and we will have another years worth of naysayers talking about how this section needs to go and isnt fair to other sections in the state.
casualobserver

Post by casualobserver »

What cracks me up is some Luverne fans actually thought they would be competitive at state. :lol:
notSoFast

Great Games Yesterday

Post by notSoFast »

Both games were great ysterday no matter which team you were routing for they all performed outstanding...

One thing I did see yesterday that I tip my hat to is the Luverene community - I could see how much your team meant to you in your faces as you left the rink. In my opinion the common bond between the community and the team is what makes the High School Hockey Tourney Special.... and you definatley showed your bond with your team yesterday.