Wayzata at BSM 1-3-13

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Winner?

Benilde
52%
Wayzata
48%

Total votes: 31

Bonehead

Post by Bonehead »

iwatchalotofhockey wrote:
I answer that the following way BlueBlood: Well same people running this site so give it time. Glad to see you are watching at least. Just remember its not as easy as people think as it has a lot of sweat equity that has been given and will continue to improve as we move along. You can't please everyone but you can sure as hell try right. :)

Thanks for watching and stop by if you can sometime at a game and let us know your comments in person if you can. I welcome feedback and like to meet those who have passion for this great game of hockey.
Make sure the camera op shoots the scoreboard on the breaks (or add time to the graphics)!
Bonehead

Post by Bonehead »

Thank you camera op!
D3Referee

Post by D3Referee »

another crazy giveaway by Besse to end the first. BSM very fortunate they aren't in an 0-3 hole after one
Bonehead

Post by Bonehead »

Wayzata looks less like a top team without Dingmann in net.
And yes, Benilde learned their lesson last week. Much better on defense.
3-0 BSM after 2.
puck81

Post by puck81 »

Bonehead wrote:Wayzata looks less like a top team without Dingmann in net.
And yes, Benilde learned their lesson last week. Much better on defense.
3-0 BSM after 2.
Sometimes a butt kicking wakes you up and you learn something about yourself.
Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts »

No Dingmann in net? Is this normal for Wayzata?
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Final was 5-2 Benilde.
puck81

Post by puck81 »

Nuts&Bolts wrote:No Dingmann in net? Is this normal for Wayzata?
I'm guessing O'leary didn't want BSM to get another look at him in net.
mnhockey30

Post by mnhockey30 »

Final
BSM 5 Wayzata 2
minnscout

Post by minnscout »

Good game, better team won but Benilde needs to start bringing the same effort each time out. Little concerning that young guys are not scoring for Benilde.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

minnscout wrote:Good game, better team won but Benilde needs to start bringing the same effort each time out. Little concerning that young guys are not scoring for Benilde.
I thought that overall Benilde played a much tighter game defensively than some other games that I've seen. Their forwards were coming back to help the D out more, and for the most part were picking up their man when Wayzata had possession in their zone. But the team still managed to leave Wayzata forwards completely uncovered, in front all alone, on several occasions. Fortunately for them, Wayzata did not capitalize on those breakdowns, thanks in large part to Sprang who came up big when he had to.

But then again, the Trojans had their share of defensive lapses as well, including some very careless turnovers in their zone, and team defense is supposed to be their strength. If these two teams meet again in Sections, which is pretty likely, who knows which one will win.
MegaMan

Post by MegaMan »

Labosky was absolutely classless last night, It sickened me
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

MegaMan wrote:Labosky was absolutely classless last night, It sickened me
:roll:
Gems

Post by Gems »

Why? I missed the game...what happened?
Bonehead

Post by Bonehead »

What did I miss (tuned out after 2)? He looked like a kid who had something to prove and proved it big time while I was watching. Worked his butt off.
hockeypub

Post by hockeypub »

[quote="MegaMan"]Labosky was absolutely classless last night, It sickened me[/quote]

It's the same crap he's been pulling for years. Whacking players in the back of the knees away from the puck and other cheap shots that the refs never see. Last night after at least 2 of BSM's goals he whacked several Wayzata players with his stick as he skated around in his celebration. There is a classic picture of him on Hockey Hub as he skates right to the Wayzata student section after his goal.

No one dares to retaliate because it's always away from the puck and they would probably get tossed from the game if they cranked him.

He's been doing it for so long that it's just part of his deal. Time will tell how college players deal with this behavior. I think he will get his due...
minnscout

Post by minnscout »

Labosky is one of the hardest working players in state. So what he gives a whack or two, its all part of the game. He is not a cheap player. For a kid of his size he plays awful big and will be a great college player with his speed. Labosky loves HS hockey and plays with a ton of heart.
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

minnscout wrote:Labosky is one of the hardest working players in state. So what he gives a whack or two, its all part of the game. He is not a cheap player. For a kid of his size he plays awful big and will be a great college player with his speed. Labosky loves HS hockey and plays with a ton of heart.
I have seen you call players out for being dirty, I don't think we need your benilde bias
tonkafan77

Post by tonkafan77 »

minnscout wrote:Labosky is one of the hardest working players in state. So what he gives a whack or two, its all part of the game. He is not a cheap player. For a kid of his size he plays awful big and will be a great college player with his speed. Labosky loves HS hockey and plays with a ton of heart.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

After two goals last night that were scored by his teammates, he was the first one down the line to celebrate with the team. The person who scores always leads the line down the bench... Yeah, this might not seem like a huge deal, but it's the little things like this that make other schools look down on him.
Oldtimehockeyguy23

Post by Oldtimehockeyguy23 »

Lobo is one of the most classless players in high school hockey. Can't wait to watch him get pushed around in college when 6'4" defensemen won't take any of his crap. After a benilde goal on Thursday he purposefully skated by two wayzata players taunting them, and hacking/shoving them. If I was the wayzata player on the ice, I would have gotten kicked out of the game, possibly suspended for knocking him into next week.

The entire BSM team, wait it really isn't a team, okay the entire BSM "group of individuals" only care about themselves and this is shown in their goal celebrations, disregarding fellow teammates that set them up for the goal, only to go down on one knee for some girls in yoga pants in the first row. This obviously is a product of the Ken Pauly leadership. Of course he wouldn't want to discipline classless behavior, because the coach is classless himself!