Sat. 1-5-13 Hill-Murray at Edina

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Hill-Murray at Edina

Hill-Murray Pioneers
65%
Edina Hornets
35%

Total votes: 23

stpaul

Sat. 1-5-13 Hill-Murray at Edina

Post by stpaul »

Hill-Murray is 16-15-3 all time vs. Edina (including East & West). This should be another close one. I will skip the Vikes/Pack and go to Braemar.
BlueLineSpecial

it hurts

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

I think Edina sneaks out a victory here. Maybe a different story at Aldrich...

Edina 2
HM 1
UntouchableFlow

Post by UntouchableFlow »

I think that Hill takes this one. Dugas and the Pioneer defense have been very solid this season and they've had plenty of time to prep for the Hornet offense. The biggest question mark will be whether or not Hill's offense can get it going. Slattery and Lavalle will have their work cut out with a tough Hornet's defense, so if they can get something going in the offensive zone, I think they'll be succesful.

Pioneers-4

Hornets-2
Gems

Post by Gems »

Hill-Murray 3
Edina 2
...should be a fun game to watch and I will catch Vikes score in the lobby between periods. :D
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

I don't think it's worth skipping the Vikings game at this point in both seasons but it will be a good one. Hill 5-4
Gems

Post by Gems »

starmvp wrote:I don't think it's worth skipping the Vikings game at this point in both seasons but it will be a good one. Hill 5-4
I'm a Vikes fan as well but high school hockey at this level far out weighs watching the Vikes implode on national television...just one guys opinion...see ya at the rink \:D/
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

Gems wrote:
starmvp wrote:I don't think it's worth skipping the Vikings game at this point in both seasons but it will be a good one. Hill 5-4
I'm a Vikes fan as well but high school hockey at this level far out weighs watching the Vikes implode on national television...just one guys opinion...see ya at the rink \:D/
Oh come on...... If it was high school hockey playoffs well then of course I would go... But this would be history if Vikings beat the Packers two weeks in a row!!
Gems

Post by Gems »

starmvp wrote:
Gems wrote:
Oh come on...... If it was high school hockey playoffs well then of course I would go... But this would be history if Vikings beat the Packers two weeks in a row!!
The Vikings have made lots of history but it's usually the opponent that sets the history :lol: ...besides, I prefer watching hockey and these kids playing for the love of the game over professionals :D
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

Gems wrote:
starmvp wrote:
Gems wrote: I'm a Vikes fan as well but high school hockey at this level far out weighs watching the Vikes implode on national television...just one guys opinion...see ya at the rink \:D/
The Vikings have made lots of history but it's usually the opponent that sets the history :lol: ...besides, I prefer watching hockey and these kids playing for the love of the game over professionals :D
Fair enough, I'm still planning on the Vikes games :wink:
Gems

Post by Gems »

"Get your popcorn the shows about to start!"...and the Vikes are playin too :wink:
East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

/[/quote]Oh come on...... If it was high school hockey playoffs well then of course I would go... But this would be history if Vikings beat the Packers two weeks in a row!![/quote]

Actually it would be twice in the same week.

I've caught several of these match-ups at The House That Ike Built. With #2 Wayzata's loss Thursday, it becomes a back door 1 vs. 2 game. There are typically few penalties; both teams come to play. This is well worth the trip, .and the atmosphere just won't come through that puny 18" computer monitor.

I put the over-under at 3 1/2. I'll take the over.
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

Gems wrote:"Get your popcorn the shows about to start!"...and the Vikes are playin too :wink:
:roll:
Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts »

With the Hornet's defensive play having some holes like a beehive and HM being steady all year but a bit lacking on offense, I'll take the Pioneers 3-2. Watch the hockey games tomorrow night - Cheeseheads beat the Purple 27-16 unfortunately. Where's the trash talk thread again? It's needed for both this hockey game and the football game. :D
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

Nuts&Bolts wrote:With the Hornet's defensive play having some holes like a beehive and HM being steady all year but a bit lacking on offense, I'll take the Pioneers 3-2. Watch the hockey games tomorrow night - Cheeseheads beat the Purple 27-16 unfortunately. Where's the trash talk thread again? It's needed for both this hockey game and the football game. :D
http://www.ushsho.com/forums/viewtopic. ... start=2025
snowpuck

Post by snowpuck »

HM 3
Hornets 2
Tenoverpar

f

Post by Tenoverpar »

gut says Pioneers 4-2 (empty netter)

head says Pioneers will be in the box alot because this game is at Edina and their hard nosed play on the defensive end will be penalized..Edina wins 3-2, all 3 goals on Power Plays, 1 on a 5-3. Shots 24-21 Edina

either way a potential state championship showdown, should be a classic
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

I'm with you on the football game, but your score is way to high. I'm thinking 3-1 victory for the Hornets. Home cooking, and the refs won't be wearing their HM t-shirts under the stripes. They will save those for sections. :wink:
Ogie

Post by Ogie »

The hell you say?

People are going to miss the Hater Cup to watch the Visqueens disappoint us again?

Say it ain't so! :lol:
Buy ya a soda after the game!
iwatchalotofhockey

HM vs Edina

Post by iwatchalotofhockey »

well if you are staying home to watch the Packers vs Vikes turn your computers on and log on the MnHockeyCenter.com
We plan on being there for this big game so you can have your laptop on at same time your television is going and watch both!

Should be a good one!
UntouchableFlow

Post by UntouchableFlow »

FINAL OT:

Pioneers-2

Hornets-1
Gems

Post by Gems »

starmvp wrote:
Gems wrote:
starmvp wrote:Oh come on...... If it was high school hockey playoffs well then of course I would go... But this would be history if Vikings beat the Packers two weeks in a row!!
Fair enough, I'm still planning on the Vikes games :wink:
:roll: Glad I stayed home to watch the Vikes...NOT! You missed a good one star...
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Gems wrote: :roll: Glad I stayed home to watch the Vikes...NOT! You missed a good one star...
I watched the whole game online, looking up with with one eye, occasionally, to watch a Vikings play. Glad I didn't focus on the football game as the hockey action was much better. Very well played by both teams! And thanks to MnHockeyCenter for streaming this one, great job as always.
stpaul

Re: Sat. 1-5-13 Hill-Murray at Edina

Post by stpaul »

stpaul wrote:Hill-Murray is 16-15-3 all time vs. Edina (including East & West). This should be another close one. I will skip the Vikes/Pack and go to Braemar.
Great call on my part. It's a drive over to Edina from the NE suburbs but was worth it. I haven't been to Braemar since the last time HM was there 4 years ago. It's a great place to watch HS hockey. Good game. Good crowd. Both goalies made some great stops. Nice win for the Pioneers. I apparently didn't miss anything on TV. I plan to venture over to Plymouth next Saturday for HM - Wayzata, who should still be ranked 1-2.
hockeyhockeyhockey

Post by hockeyhockeyhockey »

stpaul wrote:
stpaul wrote:Hill-Murray is 16-15-3 all time vs. Edina (including East & West). This should be another close one. I will skip the Vikes/Pack and go to Braemar.
Great call on my part. It's a drive over to Edina from the NE suburbs but was worth it. I haven't been to Braemar since the last time HM was there 4 years ago. It's a great place to watch HS hockey. Good game. Good crowd. Both goalies made some great stops. Nice win for the Pioneers. I apparently didn't miss anything on TV. I plan to venture over to Plymouth next Saturday for HM - Wayzata, who should still be ranked 1-2.
hint..dont drive to Plymouth....
Gems

Post by Gems »

hockeyhockeyhockey wrote:
stpaul wrote:
hint..dont drive to Plymouth....
Thought Wayzata played at the Plymouth ice rink :roll: