Duluth East at Moorhead 01/05/13

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

SPUDNUT

Duluth East at Moorhead 01/05/13

Post by SPUDNUT »

These two never played each other until 1995 but have met 21 times since, with East having a huge edge (12-6-3). Are the Spuds due or do the Hounds still have their number ?

Think I'll put my money on the Hounds & hope the Taters make a liar outa me !
CitiesSpudsGuy

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy »

I have to go with East as well. The Hounds seem to be getting on a bit of a roll and I think the Spuds are still trying to figure things out. I say the final score will probably be something similar to the Spuds/Centennial game: 5-1.
50+ years of Spuds Hockey
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

Hounds turning their season around, 4-2 win
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Spuds fans predicting an East win? Hmmm, looks familiar! I've been known to utilize the Reverse Jinx a time or two myself. :mrgreen:

Spuds by one.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
Gems

Post by Gems »

I was at the Edina game at Ridder and East dominated on defense and if they play like that will be very tough to beat...
karl(east)

Re: Duluth East at Moorhead 01/05/13

Post by karl(east) »

SPUDNUT wrote:These two never played each other until 1995 but have met 21 times since, with East having a huge edge (12-6-3). Are the Spuds due or do the Hounds still have their number ?
I was looking up East records vs. other teams about a year ago and was surprised to see how lopsided their mark against the Spuds was. I suppose that's because I came of age with East during the mid-00s, when the Spuds had most of their success against the Hounds, including convincing wins at State in 04 and 05.

It's an interesting match-up, with the Hounds on a roll and the Spuds playing reasonably well of late, too. I'd expect East to dictate the pace, but if Moorhead can play tight D and grab an early goal or two, it could be a very entertaining game. Hopefully the Moorhead radio station that broadcasts on MBSN picks it up.

Random side note: is the Hub really right when it says the Spuds' power play is at 7.9% right now?! It's not like they don't have offensive talent...
CitiesSpudsGuy

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy »

east hockey wrote:Spuds fans predicting an East win? Hmmm, looks familiar! I've been known to utilize the Reverse Jinx a time or two myself. :mrgreen:

Spuds by one.

Lee
No reverse jinx here, Lee. Even Potatohead9 is so down on the Spuds he'd rather stay home and watch the Vikings get beat by the Packers! :shock:
CitiesSpudsGuy

Re: Duluth East at Moorhead 01/05/13

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy »

karl(east) wrote:
SPUDNUT wrote:These two never played each other until 1995 but have met 21 times since, with East having a huge edge (12-6-3). Are the Spuds due or do the Hounds still have their number ?
I was looking up East records vs. other teams about a year ago and was surprised to see how lopsided their mark against the Spuds was. I suppose that's because I came of age with East during the mid-00s, when the Spuds had most of their success against the Hounds, including convincing wins at State in 04 and 05.

It's an interesting match-up, with the Hounds on a roll and the Spuds playing reasonably well of late, too. I'd expect East to dictate the pace, but if Moorhead can play tight D and grab an early goal or two, it could be a very entertaining game. Hopefully the Moorhead radio station that broadcasts on MBSN picks it up.

Random side note: is the Hub really right when it says the Spuds' power play is at 7.9% right now?! It's not like they don't have offensive talent...
I don't know if that number is accurate or not either, but it wouldn't surprise me if it is. The Spuds' power play hasn't been very good in the games I've seen.
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

CitiesSpudsGuy wrote:
east hockey wrote:Spuds fans predicting an East win? Hmmm, looks familiar! I've been known to utilize the Reverse Jinx a time or two myself. :mrgreen:

Spuds by one.

Lee
No reverse jinx here, Lee. Even Potatohead9 is so down on the Spuds he'd rather stay home and watch the Vikings get beat by the Packers! :shock:
I would rather stay home and watch paint dry :wink:
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

Spuds by one.

Lee

Sorry, Lee - Good theory, but just gotta go with the numbers. Only team in the state that has a better record than the Hounds against the Taters is Jefferson. I don't predict scores, but will say that if Cullen has Dittmer in net & the Spuds play like they did against Minnetonka, all bets are off.
dueling21

Post by dueling21 »

Usthockey13

Post by Usthockey13 »

5-1 hounds after 2. East playing without Lundgren tonight, Forbort with 2 goals.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Usthockey13 wrote:5-1 hounds after 2. East playing without Lundgren tonight, Forbort with 2 goals.
In an interview after the Blaine game, Randolph said Lundgren was throwing up in the locker room before his 2-point night...I assume it's the same illness? It seems to be hitting everyone at once.

Nice to see the team not missing a beat despite the illnesses this week.
Usthockey13

Post by Usthockey13 »

Final 5-1 W for East
karl(east) wrote:
Usthockey13 wrote:5-1 hounds after 2. East playing without Lundgren tonight, Forbort with 2 goals.
In an interview after the Blaine game, Randolph said Lundgren was throwing up in the locker room before his 2-point night...I assume it's the same illness? It seems to be hitting everyone at once.

Nice to see the team not missing a beat despite the illnesses this week.