Top Sophomores

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Whos the best sophomore

Poll ended at Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:27 am

Dylan Malmquist
14%
Shane Gersich
49%
Rem Pitlick
5%
Ben Newhouse
11%
Thomas Novak
22%

Total votes: 37

Sticks24

Novak

Post by Sticks24 »

Novak played varsity at St Thomas last year. He is from River Falls and played for the Fire before that.
bemused

Post by bemused »

I have seen every player listed except Pitlick this year..some of them more than once..Novak is best..and best in big games..
Just Checking

Post by Just Checking »

bemused wrote:I have seen every player listed except Pitlick this year..some of them more than once..Novak is best..and best in big games..
Same here as far as watching all other than Rem and Ditto as far as Novak. He is certainly a different player. Really good speed but not off the charts his hands and vision are crazy good. He is putting up better numbers with less help ( Hurley, Petersen) and an SOS second only to Edina. Other teams are certainly taking notice and running him when they can. But he is slippery

Gersich reminds me of Gaborik and Novak of Datsyuk. Both great players, who is better when they are that different? Personally I favor the playmakers who can score too!
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Norman
cake eater7

Malmquist

Post by cake eater7 »

Malmquist is behind gersich and maybe norman the best sophomore. I have heard from an insider that he has been battling hip and knee injuries all year. I have also heard he is playing against tonka this thursday. we will see how he does then!
TheJet

Post by TheJet »

Driscoll!!
hockeyoldtimer

Top Sophmores

Post by hockeyoldtimer »

Here's a list with Forwards, Goalies, and D in no order.

Pitlick, Freytag, Norman, Gersich, Versich, Novak, Klehr, Kielly, Saccoman, Malmquist, Driscoll, Robert, Peterson, Yungwirth, Jungels, Zimmer(9th?), Iverson, Swaney, Wahlin and Lindgren.
That includes a little of all positions and all talented Minnesota boys(except Novak-Wisconsin)
IMO I would take Freytag, Pitlick, and Norman over Novak in ice sense, shot, and playmaking ability. Just one guy's opinion.