Section 8AA

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

elliott70 wrote:
State Champ 97 wrote:I knew about Leitner, hadn't heard that Carlson got hurt. Too bad, I thought he was playing pretty well.

Tore up his shoulder - may need surgery.
Ouch. Too bad.
Syd Barrett

Re: Section 8AA

Post by Syd Barrett »

TheHockeyDJ wrote:Where is the Shady Bucnh?
Either in Jail or Treatment :|
Saw Roseau play at Warroad and against Bemidji this past weekend and they are pretty damn good. Very good top line and big defensemen. I think they will end up winning the section and will be a big threat at the excel.
Tonights game in Da Barnyard should be a pretty good indicator of who's the team to beat in section 8AA :roll:
Syd Barrett

Post by Syd Barrett »

Syd Barrett wrote:
Saw Roseau play at Warroad and against Bemidji this past weekend and they are pretty damn good. Very good top line and big defensemen. I think they will end up winning the section and will be a big threat at the excel.
Tonights game in Da Barnyard should be a pretty good indicator of who's the team to beat in section 8AA :roll:
A few of the Shady bunch were out tonight :shock: including Oh for 32; Blues Buddy; Vidioscout; and, Below-0-Zero.

Good game, very entertaining. Brainerd has very good special team play and the goalie is awesome!

Archie's got this young team firing on all cylinders right now =D>
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

Syd Barrett wrote:
Jail or Treatment? They must be seeing a lot of BodyShots and NorthwoodsOldTard. I hope Barnyard makes it to St. Paul, the Shady Bunch has waiting a long time!
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

Even though Brainerd has played well as of late, I just have a feeling this is a movie I've seen before. Brainerd has some nice regular season wins and won't be able to handle success in the playoffs, while Moorhead and Roseau will right their ships and meet in the section final as they usually do. I want Brainerd to come out of this section, but it just seems they have some mental block about overcoming their past in sections.
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

TheHockeyDJ wrote:Even though Brainerd has played well as of late, I just have a feeling this is a movie I've seen before. Brainerd has some nice regular season wins and won't be able to handle success in the playoffs, while Moorhead and Roseau will right their ships and meet in the section final as they usually do. I want Brainerd to come out of this section, but it just seems they have some mental block about overcoming their past in sections.
While I can't argue with the attitude of your post, being that Brainerd won't be able to make it to state, it looks to me like Brainerd should be the top seed in the section. They do have a one goal away loss to Tech in their 5th game of the season, but having beaten Moorhead recently and a good chance they will beat Roseau again and go into sections with a 14 game win streak, do you see them not getting the top seed?

Definitely games still to be played, but it looks to me like Brainerd should be the top seed.
Potatohead9

Post by Potatohead9 »

HShockeywatcher wrote:
TheHockeyDJ wrote:Even though Brainerd has played well as of late, I just have a feeling this is a movie I've seen before. Brainerd has some nice regular season wins and won't be able to handle success in the playoffs, while Moorhead and Roseau will right their ships and meet in the section final as they usually do. I want Brainerd to come out of this section, but it just seems they have some mental block about overcoming their past in sections.
While I can't argue with the attitude of your post, being that Brainerd won't be able to make it to state, it looks to me like Brainerd should be the top seed in the section. They do have a one goal away loss to Tech in their 5th game of the season, but having beaten Moorhead recently and a good chance they will beat Roseau again and go into sections with a 14 game win streak, do you see them not getting the top seed?

Definitely games still to be played, but it looks to me like Brainerd should be the top seed.
A 14 game win streak against a weak schedule......I would be willing to bet any team in the top 20 in class AA would have a very good chance at going undefeated with the schedule Brainerd plays.
As of right now I would have to seed 8AA as

#1 Moorhead
#2 Roseau
#3 Brainerd
#4 St Tech?

Are you still thinking Brainerd is a #1 Section 8AA seed after the loss to Roseau?
CitiesSpudsGuy

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy »

Potatohead9 wrote:A 14 game win streak against a weak schedule......I would be willing to bet any team in the top 20 in class AA would have a very good chance at going undefeated with the schedule Brainerd plays.

#1 Moorhead
#2 Roseau
#3 Brainerd
#4 St Tech?

Are you still thinking Brainerd is a #1 Section 8AA seed after the loss to Roseau?
I agree with you, Potatohead. Unfortunately, being the king of the hill in 8AA this year doesn't mean much. No matter who goes to St. Paul in March out of this section, they'll get smoked in the first round.
50+ years of Spuds Hockey
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

Potatohead9 wrote:
HShockeywatcher wrote:

A 14 game win streak against a weak schedule......I would be willing to bet any team in the top 20 in class AA would have a very good chance at going undefeated with the schedule Brainerd plays.

#1 Moorhead
#2 Roseau
#3 Brainerd
#4 St Tech?

100% agree with that. That is probably the main reason Brainerd doesn't compete well in sections is they aren't battle tested like Roseau and Moorhead.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Bemidi 4
Roseau 2

Now where does everyone stand in 8AA seeding....
blueblood

8AA

Post by blueblood »

This section is a mess for seeding teams. The team coming out of 8AA will not be seeded at state. Seeds for state will go to the following teams if they win (listed in section order not seeding order):

2AA) Edina
3AA) Eagan
4AA) Hill Murray
6AA) BSM, Wayzata or Tonka
7AA) East

5AA would be next in line, followed by 8AA then 1AA
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Moorhead
Brainerd or Roseau

Bemidji
Tech
Buffalo or River Lakes
Monticello
Becker
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

Strictly by win %, 8AA looks like this, as of Feb 1:

Brainerd
Tech
Roseau
Moorhead
Buffalo
Northern Lakes
River Lakes
Monticello
Becker-Big Lake
Bemidj
crappie flop

Post by crappie flop »

According to www.Minnesota-scores.net: 2/1/13

1. Brainerd
2. Moorhead
3. Roseau
4. SC Tech
5. Buffalo
6. Bemidji
7. Monticello
8. River Lakes
9. Northern Lakes
10. Becker
nahc

Post by nahc »

Uh, oh if Roseau plays a physical game they will be in BIG trouble when the team travels down state. Officials go through 2 whistles a game handing out 5 minute majors to the point that most games are like watching current Pee Wee's play.........pretty sad.........
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

nahc wrote:Uh, oh if Roseau plays a physical game they will be in BIG trouble when the team travels down state. Officials go through 2 whistles a game handing out 5 minute majors to the point that most games are like watching current Pee Wee's play.........pretty sad.........
When dont they travel down state?