Hill-Murray vs Wayzata

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who Wins?

Hill-Murray
67%
Wayzata
33%

Total votes: 6

Gems

Hill-Murray vs Wayzata

Post by Gems »

:?: Is this game streaming tonight and where? Thanks
Reg7

Hill vs Wayzata

Post by Reg7 »

This will be a close game and Wayzata is playing very steady but I like Hill-Murray by 2

4-2 Hill
D3Referee

Post by D3Referee »

OK High School Hockey fans, mark your calendars. This is the date during the 2012-13 MSHSL season where Wayzata moves into the #1 spot - for good.

And it won't be a garden variety Trojan win. This will be a statement win for Wayzata. The type of win they reserve for the games that matter most, like, oh I don't know, a Championship Game.

This is going to be a Wayzata blow out - of the 6-0 or 7-1 variety.

Additionally, it's likely going to be Matt Freytag's coming out party. A small goalie like Dugas is easy prey for Freytag, who is easily the best pure sniper in the MSHSL. Don't be surprised to see the young gun with a 5 point game, including a hatty.

Enjoy!
Wside

Post by Wside »

D3 must be a morning drinker.
hockeypub

Post by hockeypub »

[quote="Wside"]D3 must be a morning drinker.[/quote]

Agree. From the perspective of a Wayzata fan, that's just embarrassing. :oops:
MHGr8ness

Post by MHGr8ness »

D3Referee wrote:OK High School Hockey fans, mark your calendars. This is the date during the 2012-13 MSHSL season where Wayzata moves into the #1 spot - for good.

And it won't be a garden variety Trojan win. This will be a statement win for Wayzata. The type of win they reserve for the games that matter most, like, oh I don't know, a Championship Game.

This is going to be a Wayzata blow out - of the 6-0 or 7-1 variety.

Additionally, it's likely going to be Matt Freytag's coming out party. A small goalie like Dugas is easy prey for Freytag, who is easily the best pure sniper in the MSHSL. Don't be surprised to see the young gun with a 5 point game, including a hatty.

Enjoy!
Sarcasm? Joke?
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Wside wrote:D3 must be a morning drinker.
Morning something.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
GOPHERFAN119

Post by GOPHERFAN119 »

Digmann needs to play lights out and Trojans need to play a strong defensive game to keep it close. Watching on FSN the other night, I didn't think Wayzata played their best game. If Wayzata can get an early lead, then I like their chances. If HM gets up by 2, The Trojans will be tested.

I will go HM 3 to 2 in a close one. Hoping for a Trojans win...it would only build their confidence in the weeks ahead in the Lake.
slacsap

Post by slacsap »

I agree that Wayzata did not look their best against Burnsville, but Hill looked pretty shaky giving up four goals to Mahtomedi on Tuesday as well. It's a long season and kids are going to have bad nights on occasion. This should be a fun game to see and, regardless of the outcome, both teams are among the elite in Minnesota. I'll say 3-2 Trojans.
GOPHERFAN119

Post by GOPHERFAN119 »

Wayzata 2 to 1 at the end of 1.

Freytag has scored twice for Wayzata.

Shots are 15 to 11 for Hill Murray.

Both teams look sharp.
D3Referee

Post by D3Referee »

GOPHERFAN119 wrote:Wayzata 2 to 1 at the end of 1.

Freytag has scored twice for Wayzata.

Shots are 15 to 11 for Hill Murray.

Both teams look sharp.
yeah, I'm a morning drinker :roll: one more matty ... put these jokers to bed
D3Referee

Post by D3Referee »

hockeypub wrote:
Agree. From the perspective of a Wayzata fan, that's just embarrassing. :oops:
yeah, you're a wayzata fan :roll: ... if true, you *should* be embarrassed
Last edited by D3Referee on Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GOPHERFAN119

Post by GOPHERFAN119 »

Wayzata now 3 to 1
D3Referee

Post by D3Referee »

GOPHERFAN119 wrote:Wayzata now 3 to 1
yup. yawn. wake me when this predictable rout is over
D3Referee

Post by D3Referee »

The only one drinking anything around here is the flock that drinks the LPH kool-aid. That's the same rag that has East ranked in the Top 10. Now there's an alcohol problem. LOL

Anyone with any kind of hockey sense whatsoever could see this one coming.
hockeymannorth

Post by hockeymannorth »

Go Wayzata :D maybe Hill should start recuiting again
GOPHERFAN119

Post by GOPHERFAN119 »

Wayzata wins 3 to 1

Should be your new number 1

Shots on goal 32 to 28 for W.
UntouchableFlow

Post by UntouchableFlow »

Pioneers underperformed all game long. In the grand scheme of things, it's one loss during the regular season, so hopefully the Pioneers learn from it and move on. Come March, I expect to see Wayzata and Hill-Murray at the Xcel. Hill-Murray on the ice and Wayzata in the club level seats.
slacsap

Post by slacsap »

I think Untouchable Flow is right on target. Hill did not look good tonight, but is clearly the class of 4AA right now and has a great chance to play at the X in March. I've seen Wayzata twice, tonight and last week's loss to Benilde. They are obviously a good team and could make it to state, but I think BSM is a better team overall.

I'm not so sure Wayzata is the obvious #1. They split with Benilde, both winning pretty decisively, and they lost to Edina (granted, it was early). Their win tonight was impressive, but not exactly dominant. I think most neutral fans would agree that the top 4 are Benilde, Wayzata, Hill and Edina, which is the order I would rank them in, and you could make a case for any of them to be #1. Hopefully, three of them will make it to state and they can settle it on the ice
D3Referee

Post by D3Referee »

slacsap wrote:I think Untouchable Flow is right on target. Hill did not look good tonight, but is clearly the class of 4AA right now and has a great chance to play at the X in March. I've seen Wayzata twice, tonight and last week's loss to Benilde. They are obviously a good team and could make it to state, but I think BSM is a better team overall.

I'm not so sure Wayzata is the obvious #1. They split with Benilde, both winning pretty decisively, and they lost to Edina (granted, it was early). Their win tonight was impressive, but not exactly dominant. I think most neutral fans would agree that the top 4 are Benilde, Wayzata, Hill and Edina, which is the order I would rank them in, and you could make a case for any of them to be #1. Hopefully, three of them will make it to state and they can settle it on the ice
Benilde #1? Are yu on crack. Not sure Benilde is even in Top 6. Surely they are not in Top 4. How many mediocre teams have to beat Benilde before we stop talking about them in elite company?

#1 Wayzata

Big step down

#2 Hill Murray
#3 Edina

Another big Step Down

#4 Who cares
slacsap

Post by slacsap »

So let me get this straight. Wayzata has won one of three games against Benilde and Edina and that makes them a clear #1 while Benilde is not even in the top 6?
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

slacsap wrote:So let me get this straight. Wayzata has won one of three games against Benilde and Edina and that makes them a clear #1 while Benilde is not even in the top 6?
What do you expect from someone who is biased AND intoxicated? :lol:

8)
The Puck
LGW
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

PuckU126 wrote:
slacsap wrote:So let me get this straight. Wayzata has won one of three games against Benilde and Edina and that makes them a clear #1 while Benilde is not even in the top 6?
What do you expect from someone who is biased AND intoxicated? :lol:

8)
He should have stayed in the Youth Forum. Single-handedly he's making people wish for Wayzata to lose just so he'll shut up.

Now I know where the concept of "mercy banning" came from. :mrgreen:

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
slacsap

Post by slacsap »

"How many mediocre teams have to beat Benilde before we stop talking about them in elite company?"

I'm having a tough time answering this questions since no mediocre teams have beaten them yet. Their losses have been to Hill-Murray, Blaine, St. Thomas Academy and Wayzata. I'll grant you Blaine is not an elite team, but the other three are among the top handful of teams in the state.
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

east hockey wrote:He should have stayed in the Youth Forum. Single-handedly he's making people wish for Wayzata to lose just so he'll shut up.

Now I know where the concept of "mercy banning" came from. :mrgreen:

Lee
Holster the velvet hammer for now, Lee.

But keep it handy for everyone's sake.

8)
The Puck
LGW