Stefano suspended and reinstated at Maple Grove.

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

VicKevlar

Stefano suspended and reinstated at Maple Grove.

Post by VicKevlar »

Knew I shoulda went to the game last night instead of Osseo/Andover. The conversions woulda been more interesting! :)

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/01/1 ... -on-leave/
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

warmskin

Post by warmskin »

Not clear why the coach was suspended. Was he at the house in question when whatever in question happened? Once the players leave the locker room I am not sure how the coach is supposed to be responsible for the actions of his players.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

warmskin wrote:Not clear why the coach was suspended. Was he at the house in question when whatever in question happened? Once the players leave the locker room I am not sure how the coach is supposed to be responsible for the actions of his players.
My best guess is that he was temporarily placed on "administrative leave' with full pay, pending determination that he was in no way responsible for whatever happened. Which is exactly what took place, so he was quickly reinstated with no adverse consequences.
OGEE OGELTHORPE

Post by OGEE OGELTHORPE »

That's the way society is today.

Guilty until proven innocent
silentbutdeadly3139

Post by silentbutdeadly3139 »

MNHockeyFan wrote:
warmskin wrote:Not clear why the coach was suspended. Was he at the house in question when whatever in question happened? Once the players leave the locker room I am not sure how the coach is supposed to be responsible for the actions of his players.
My best guess is that he was temporarily placed on "administrative leave' with full pay, pending determination that he was in no way responsible for whatever happened. Which is exactly what took place, so he was quickly reinstated with no adverse consequences.
News reports said the two incidents were NOT related ... but then again not sure you can trust reporting or the people being quoted.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

silentbutdeadly3139 wrote:News reports said the two incidents were NOT related ... but then again not sure you can trust reporting or the people being quoted.
I don't think there's any reason to be skeptical. The administration would not have reinstated him so quickly if they had any doubts...

I hate to see anybody's reputation tarnished when there is zero evidence of any wrongdoing, which I believe is the case here. Everyone should just let it go and move on.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Controversy haunts boys’ hockey team at Maple Grove High

http://www.startribune.com/sports/preps ... y#continue
Roy01

Post by Roy01 »

I thought we weren't going to keep posting rumors about this......

My advice would be keep the articles down. Nothing is confirmed, it is all speculation.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Roy01 wrote:I thought we weren't going to keep posting rumors about this......

My advice would be keep the articles down. Nothing is confirmed, it is all speculation.
My take is that the Star Tribune is a legitimate newspaper, and it is reporting on this unfortunate episode. It's out there, the general public is now reading about it, so it's past the point of trying to sweep it under the rug, like it never happened. And who knows, the more it's brought into the open and made public, the more others may learn from it and not repeat the mistakes that were made. And that would be a good thing.
Roy01

Post by Roy01 »

MNHockeyFan wrote:
Roy01 wrote:I thought we weren't going to keep posting rumors about this......

My take is that the Star Tribune is a legitimate newspaper, and it is reporting on this unfortunate episode. It's out there, the general public is now reading about it, so it's past the point of trying to sweep it under the rug, like it never happened. And who knows, the more it's brought into the open and made public, the more others may learn from it and not repeat the mistakes that were made. And that would be a good thing.
It isn't a case of sweeping it under the rug, I think it's all pretty much out there... My concern is rather the players are minors. Anything regarding the situation (legally) is not to be revealed. We all know something happened, obviously, otherwise players would not be suspended. Further more, the Star Tribune can be a credible source, but the Star Tribune is not running an investigation. It is a legal matter - anything that is not in a formal statement/report is simply a rumor at this time. Maple Grove has not been vocal in saying it is a "sex-tape scandal," nor has anything formally stated that is the source of the suspensions. Everything is speculation until it is made public.

I'm not being critical, just saying. These kids are still minors, this board isn't necessarily the place to be tarnishing reputations further from this incident...

Two forums on this topic have already been closed. One was locked and a post pertaining to details of the "alleged" scandal was taken down (similar to the article that was posted). The second forum was deleted all together (once again, with a link to a separate article with details about the players and the situation). I'd hate to see it happen a third time...