Chirping for coaches

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

hockey8543

Chirping for coaches

Post by hockey8543 »

Is it OK for a a High School Coach to be chirping at the other teams players? :o
Puckguy19

Re: Chirping for coaches

Post by Puckguy19 »

hockey8543 wrote:Is it OK for a a High School Coach to be chirping at the other teams players? :o
NO!
HSRef77

Post by HSRef77 »

Puckguy19 wrote:
hockey8543 wrote:Is it OK for a a High School Coach to be chirping at the other teams players? :o
NO!

NEVER
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Uh-Uh!
:(
:x
nahc

Post by nahc »

LOTS of chirping occurs on the ice.........if a player directs such non-flattering comments to a coach, it would only be natural in the heat of the moment for a coach to respond with like pleasantries.........in my humble opinion.........
flatontheice

Post by flatontheice »

HSRef77 wrote:
Puckguy19 wrote:
NO!

NEVER
Why not Herb Brooks did! Everyone wants to be like Herb.
Puckguy19

Post by Puckguy19 »

flatontheice wrote:
HSRef77 wrote:
Puckguy19 wrote: NO!

NEVER
I don't believe Herb was ever a High School coach. If the opposing player is an adult, that changes the perspective. Chirping a high school student, or younger, is not appropriate. I understand "heat of the moment" but not a standard practice. 8)
WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

If the coach has no class and an abnormaly low IQ it's OK.
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

Only if you are Housley. :roll:
hockey8543

Post by hockey8543 »

Puckguy19 wrote:
flatontheice wrote:
HSRef77 wrote:
NEVER
I don't believe Herb was ever a High School coach. If the opposing player is an adult, that changes the perspective. Chirping a high school student, or younger, is not appropriate. I understand "heat of the moment" but not a standard practice. 8)
It has been going on for several years to several players, I don't want to call out coaches but come on grow up. Not only do the coaches say stuff to the players but also during the hand shake pull there hand away from shaking those players hands. Very bush league.
East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

That is Bush League indeed. There is an inherent power imbalance between an adult and a minor. I know it's numerous levels removed and doesn't compare in seriousness, but it's why teachers don't get to date students, even college professors who are teaching adults.

Man up and be the adult. Even if your just faking it for a while.
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

I thought "Chirping for Coaches" sounded like a really cool game, kinda like . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ."Bowling for Dollars (?)
DekeDangler

Post by DekeDangler »

In this day and age, coaches can not afford to be running there mouth at other players. What was socially acceptable years ago, and sometimes expected, can no longer be tolerated in any way. The game of hockey, and I can't believe I'm about to say this, is turning into more of a gentlemen's sport. Players need, more than ever, strong role model coaches that demonstrate discipline, respect and compassion.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

DekeDangler wrote:Players need, more than ever, strong role model coaches that demonstrate discipline, respect and compassion.
Honestly I think that was always the case at the high school level...think Willard Ikola, Tom Saterdalen, Larry Ross, Lorne Grosso and many others who managed to win and remain as coach for a long time while remaining true gentlemen. I agree with you that players today need this type of role model more than ever.
East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

SPUDNUT wrote:I thought "Chirping for Coaches" sounded like a really cool game, kinda like . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ."Bowling for Dollars (?)
The United Way of The Twin Cities has announced that all proceeds from the 2013 Chirping For Coaches will go to Second Harvest Heartland. The Wild will match all contributions dollar for dollar, so dig deep.
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

Can handle that - will match what the Wild contrubute if it buys me one of those Parise / Suter contracts. Of course I'll need the contract first so I can afford to contribute anything.