Section 8A

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Puckguy19
Posts: 589
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 9:01 am

Post by Puckguy19 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:42 am

elliott70 wrote:Can - will - Warroad be able to beat TRF in the semis?
I give crux no chance over EGF.

So, egf & TRF one more time this year?

I think it's EGF,
Despite the ? Here about being a team and coaching.
Warroad can, and will, beat TRF in the semis. Agree with the EGF take over Crookston, but don't think they have a clear path over Warroad/TRF winner. The knot on the tie tightens a bit when you haven't been there for awhile. 8)

PuckSwami
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:23 am

Post by PuckSwami » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:04 pm

As I posted in the Upsets thread:

8A: #5 Kittson Central over #4 Crookston in Crookston. Crookston won 5-4 in OT back in December when these teams met. If Kittson can generate some offense, say 20 shots, and their tender plays lights out like he did against EGF, Kittson takes this one 5-3 with an ENG.

Also hearing a growing murmur that people are leaning Warroad over Thief River Falls. Not sure how I feel on that one yet, to me it is 5 good Warroad players against TRF's best 5, both can beat each other. Probably goaltending will be the difference and I would lean TRF on that.

For questions about EGF being tired, I guess that poster was not at the EGF game in Roseau last week. That game was played at a very fast pace, there were no tired legs in that one, maybe after, but not during. Roseau seemed to want to play their 5 big dogs the whole game and probably did for 35-40 minutes. EGF has done a nice job with three lines and possibly because of injuries has cobbled together their best 3rd line of the year in the past 3 games.

franklinpower10
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:14 pm

Post by franklinpower10 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:35 pm

DekeDangler wrote:
northfan wrote:I am talking about numbers on the high profile teams and also youth hockey for the past several years when matched up with the Section A teams they compete with at the high school level. My point is they should be dominating. Maybe sometimes its a matter of having too many numbers.
Their dominance, or lack of, is a direct reflection of the coaching staff and their ability/inability to maximize and manage those individuals along with the rest of the team. So many times we say "team", when we really mean the handful of players that are lead to believe that they are this great gift to the team that will bask in their glory. The high profile players may contribute, but in order to have a successful team, you need them to buy into the fact that the team comes first. Or something to that affect.

I would think that to many numbers would be a good problem to have. More players to farm from.

Hey DekeDangler

We are all sorry your kid hasnt been good enough to crack the EGF lineup over the years. We all read your past posts. Its happens- get over it. All your posts are trying to knock on EGF's coaches and top players. Time to move on- I am sure you can move across the river and your son can be the rockstar you think he is! EGF has 3 losses all year and all the boys on the team have been to multiple state youth hockey tournaments. All you do is try and rip on the coaching and the dads that try to coach success. Give your encouragement and motivation- not excuses

Its all good down the road Bud!

DekeDangler
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:31 am

Post by DekeDangler » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:27 am

[quote="franklinpower10"][quote="DekeDangler"][quote="northfan"]I am talking about numbers on the high profile teams and also youth hockey for the past several years when matched up with the Section A teams they compete with at the high school level. My point is they should be dominating. Maybe sometimes its a matter of having too many numbers.[/quote]

Their dominance, or lack of, is a direct reflection of the coaching staff and their ability/inability to maximize and manage those individuals along with the rest of the team. So many times we say "team", when we really mean the handful of players that are lead to believe that they are this great gift to the team that will bask in their glory. The high profile players may contribute, but in order to have a successful team, you need them to buy into the fact that the team comes first. Or something to that affect.

I would think that to many numbers would be a good problem to have. More players to farm from.[/quote]


Hey DekeDangler

We are all sorry your kid hasnt been good enough to crack the EGF lineup over the years. We all read your past posts. Its happens- get over it. All your posts are trying to knock on EGF's coaches and top players. Time to move on- I am sure you can move across the river and your son can be the rockstar you think he is! EGF has 3 losses all year and all the boys on the team have been to multiple state youth hockey tournaments. All you do is try and rip on the coaching and the dads that try to coach success. Give your encouragement and motivation- not excuses

Its all good down the road Bud![/quote]


Thanks frank! Ya got me! It's absolutely all about my kid not cracking the lineup over the years. Boo hoo on me. All I want for him is to play with the other boys. That always seems to be the reason for these posts. I'm just calling it as I see and hear it. I don't have to have a dog in this fight, but I sure know people that do. My voice echoes that of others. I'm not sure why you think you have all the right observations/opinions and mine are all wrong. Does the truth hurt you that much? I don't have to look any further down the road frank, things are good where I am. Thanks for your words of encouragement though. I'll remember it when I take my son across that river and east grand forks wins the state championship this year.

PuckSwami
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:23 am

Post by PuckSwami » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:23 am

Quarterfinals tonight
(8.) Lake of the Woods at (1) East Grand Forks, 7:00PM | East Grand Forks Civic Center
(5) Kittson Central at (4) Crookston, 7:00PM | Crookston Sports Center
(7) Detroit Lakes at (2) Thief River Falls, 7:00PM | Ralph Engelstad Arena
(6) Park Rapids Area at (3) Warroad, 7:00PM | The Gardens Arena

TTpuckster
Posts: 2539
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:26 am
Location: State of Hockey

Post by TTpuckster » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:35 am

PuckSwami wrote:Quarterfinals tonight
(8.) Lake of the Woods at (1) East Grand Forks, 7:00PM | East Grand Forks Civic Center
(5) Kittson Central at (4) Crookston, 7:00PM | Crookston Sports Center
(7) Detroit Lakes at (2) Thief River Falls, 7:00PM | Ralph Engelstad Arena
(6) Park Rapids Area at (3) Warroad, 7:00PM | The Gardens Arena
Some are predicting a win by Kittson.
I can't see it.
Comments?

blackwarrior
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:35 pm

Post by blackwarrior » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:01 am

TTpuckster wrote:
PuckSwami wrote:Quarterfinals tonight
(8.) Lake of the Woods at (1) East Grand Forks, 7:00PM | East Grand Forks Civic Center
(5) Kittson Central at (4) Crookston, 7:00PM | Crookston Sports Center
(7) Detroit Lakes at (2) Thief River Falls, 7:00PM | Ralph Engelstad Arena
(6) Park Rapids Area at (3) Warroad, 7:00PM | The Gardens Arena
Some are predicting a win by Kittson.
I can't see it.
Comments?
I See a choke by TRF tonight!!!

elliott70
Posts: 13628
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Post by elliott70 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:02 am

TTpuckster wrote:
PuckSwami wrote:Quarterfinals tonight
(8.) Lake of the Woods at (1) East Grand Forks, 7:00PM | East Grand Forks Civic Center
(5) Kittson Central at (4) Crookston, 7:00PM | Crookston Sports Center
(7) Detroit Lakes at (2) Thief River Falls, 7:00PM | Ralph Engelstad Arena
(6) Park Rapids Area at (3) Warroad, 7:00PM | The Gardens Arena
Some are predicting a win by Kittson.
I can't see it.
Comments?
DL over TRF.

TRF lost to IFalls.
IFalls lost to DL.
makes perfect sense
Last edited by elliott70 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PuckSwami
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:23 am

Post by PuckSwami » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:05 am

TTpuckster wrote:Some are predicting a win by Kittson.
I can't see it.
Comments?
I could see it but Kittson would have to play a perfect game, generate some offense meaning 18-20 quality shots, defense needs to limit opportunity and relieve some of the goalie's burden, and the tender needs to stand on his head. I see Crookston outshooting Kittson 35-20, but the Bearcats will have to make their shots count.

For Crookston to win, they just need to play their game. They will probably control large portions of this game but will need to make their shots count as well. Kittson will score, the Pirate goalie will just need to work on controlling the bleeding and hope is team mates can make Kittson bleed more.

TTpuckster
Posts: 2539
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:26 am
Location: State of Hockey

Post by TTpuckster » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:53 am

PuckSwami wrote:
TTpuckster wrote:Some are predicting a win by Kittson.
I can't see it.
Comments?
I could see it but Kittson would have to play a perfect game, generate some offense meaning 18-20 quality shots, defense needs to limit opportunity and relieve some of the goalie's burden, and the tender needs to stand on his head. I see Crookston outshooting Kittson 35-20, but the Bearcats will have to make their shots count.

For Crookston to win, they just need to play their game. They will probably control large portions of this game but will need to make their shots count as well. Kittson will score, the Pirate goalie will just need to work on controlling the bleeding and hope is team mates can make Kittson bleed more.
Sounds right.
Good summary.

TTpuckster
Posts: 2539
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:26 am
Location: State of Hockey

Post by TTpuckster » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:54 am

elliott70 wrote:
TTpuckster wrote:
PuckSwami wrote:Quarterfinals tonight
(8.) Lake of the Woods at (1) East Grand Forks, 7:00PM | East Grand Forks Civic Center
(5) Kittson Central at (4) Crookston, 7:00PM | Crookston Sports Center
(7) Detroit Lakes at (2) Thief River Falls, 7:00PM | Ralph Engelstad Arena
(6) Park Rapids Area at (3) Warroad, 7:00PM | The Gardens Arena
Some are predicting a win by Kittson.
I can't see it.
Comments?
DL over TRF.

TRF lost to IFalls.
IFalls lost to DL.
makes perfect sense
Seriously; DL beat IF this year?

elliott70
Posts: 13628
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Post by elliott70 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:00 pm

TTpuckster wrote:
elliott70 wrote:
TTpuckster wrote:
PuckSwami wrote:Quarterfinals tonight
(8.) Lake of the Woods at (1) East Grand Forks, 7:00PM | East Grand Forks Civic Center
(5) Kittson Central at (4) Crookston, 7:00PM | Crookston Sports Center
(7) Detroit Lakes at (2) Thief River Falls, 7:00PM | Ralph Engelstad Arena
(6) Park Rapids Area at (3) Warroad, 7:00PM | The Gardens Arena
Some are predicting a win by Kittson.
I can't see it.
Comments?
DL over TRF.

TRF lost to IFalls.
IFalls lost to DL.
makes perfect sense
Seriously; DL beat IF this year?
3-2 I believe.

ivycreek
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:54 pm

Post by ivycreek » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:33 pm

elliott70 wrote:
TTpuckster wrote:
elliott70 wrote:
TTpuckster wrote:
PuckSwami wrote:Quarterfinals tonight
(8.) Lake of the Woods at (1) East Grand Forks, 7:00PM | East Grand Forks Civic Center
(5) Kittson Central at (4) Crookston, 7:00PM | Crookston Sports Center
(7) Detroit Lakes at (2) Thief River Falls, 7:00PM | Ralph Engelstad Arena
(6) Park Rapids Area at (3) Warroad, 7:00PM | The Gardens Arena
Some are predicting a win by Kittson.
I can't see it.
Comments?
DL over TRF.

TRF lost to IFalls.
IFalls lost to DL.
makes perfect sense
Seriously; DL beat IF this year?
3-2 I believe.
In the interest of full disclosure they actually split this year with IFalls:

Jan 18 DL wins 3-2
Feb 2 IF wins 7-1

elliott70
Posts: 13628
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Post by elliott70 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:36 pm

ivycreek wrote:
elliott70 wrote:
TTpuckster wrote:
elliott70 wrote:
TTpuckster wrote:
PuckSwami wrote:Quarterfinals tonight
(8.) Lake of the Woods at (1) East Grand Forks, 7:00PM | East Grand Forks Civic Center
(5) Kittson Central at (4) Crookston, 7:00PM | Crookston Sports Center
(7) Detroit Lakes at (2) Thief River Falls, 7:00PM | Ralph Engelstad Arena
(6) Park Rapids Area at (3) Warroad, 7:00PM | The Gardens Arena
Some are predicting a win by Kittson.
I can't see it.
Comments?
DL over TRF.

TRF lost to IFalls.
IFalls lost to DL.
makes perfect sense
Seriously; DL beat IF this year?
3-2 I believe.
In the interest of full disclosure they actually split this year with IFalls:

Jan 18 DL wins 3-2
Feb 2 IF wins 7-1
Yeah, that takes all the fun out of it.

ivycreek
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:54 pm

Post by ivycreek » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:41 pm

elliott70 wrote:
ivycreek wrote:
elliott70 wrote:
TTpuckster wrote:
elliott70 wrote:
TTpuckster wrote:
PuckSwami wrote:Quarterfinals tonight
(8.) Lake of the Woods at (1) East Grand Forks, 7:00PM | East Grand Forks Civic Center
(5) Kittson Central at (4) Crookston, 7:00PM | Crookston Sports Center
(7) Detroit Lakes at (2) Thief River Falls, 7:00PM | Ralph Engelstad Arena
(6) Park Rapids Area at (3) Warroad, 7:00PM | The Gardens Arena
Some are predicting a win by Kittson.
I can't see it.
Comments?
DL over TRF.

TRF lost to IFalls.
IFalls lost to DL.
makes perfect sense
Seriously; DL beat IF this year?
3-2 I believe.
In the interest of full disclosure they actually split this year with IFalls:

Jan 18 DL wins 3-2
Feb 2 IF wins 7-1
Yeah, that takes all the fun out of it.
I can always count on you to put a smile on my face with your wit!

RamWarrior
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:33 am

Post by RamWarrior » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:10 pm

Sorry boys.......... T.R.F. up 7-1 in the 2nd. No upset here. E.G.F. struggling with Baudette tho. 2-1 in the 2nd.

TTpuckster
Posts: 2539
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:26 am
Location: State of Hockey

Post by TTpuckster » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:44 pm

RamWarrior wrote:Sorry boys.......... T.R.F. up 7-1 in the 2nd. No upset here. E.G.F. struggling with Baudette tho. 2-1 in the 2nd.
EGF now up 5 - 1
shots are 69 to 6

TTpuckster
Posts: 2539
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:26 am
Location: State of Hockey

Post by TTpuckster » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:46 pm

Looks like Crookston is doing the job also.

Prowlerhockey
Posts: 211
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:59 pm

Post by Prowlerhockey » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:39 pm

So, who will win the semi final between TRF and warroad this Saturday? Should be a good game! If I were a guessing man, I would guess that TRF will come out on top. I will say 4-3 in overtime.

PuckSwami
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:23 am

Post by PuckSwami » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:59 am

Prowlerhockey wrote:So, who will win the semi final between TRF and warroad this Saturday? Should be a good game! If I were a guessing man, I would guess that TRF will come out on top. I will say 4-3 in overtime.
I will not venture a guess as my prognostication skills had me all in on Kittson Central. It will be a hellava game and cannot wait to watch it! Too close to call, a coinflip really.

elliott70
Posts: 13628
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Post by elliott70 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:40 am

Prowlerhockey wrote:So, who will win the semi final between TRF and warroad this Saturday? Should be a good game! If I were a guessing man, I would guess that TRF will come out on top. I will say 4-3 in overtime.
TRF by 3

Prowlerhockey
Posts: 211
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:59 pm

Post by Prowlerhockey » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:32 pm

elliott70 wrote:
Prowlerhockey wrote:So, who will win the semi final between TRF and warroad this Saturday? Should be a good game! If I were a guessing man, I would guess that TRF will come out on top. I will say 4-3 in overtime.
TRF by 3
you think warroad will have that bad of a game? I think TRF will win,but I think it may be a little bit closer then that.

groundpoundinggrunt
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:58 am

Post by groundpoundinggrunt » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:38 am

Hello! I'm probably a little late in the game for this, but I thought I'd check out this forum when I overheard some of the dads talking about it the other night. I'm curious what peoples thoughts are about tonights section game between East Grand Forks and Crookston. Predictions?

I was at the East Grand Forks(EGF for now on) game against the Bears on Thursday night. I thought EGF played pretty well after they changed gears about half way through. The Bears goalie should have recieved an award for his effort. The scoreboard said around 55 shots, but I think actual shots were around 70. EGF wore out some sticks that night. I think EGF is going to come out screaming tonight and Crookston better strap their helmets on tight.



I'm picking EGF to wash over the Pirates by a score of 6 -2.

Prowlerhockey
Posts: 211
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:59 pm

Post by Prowlerhockey » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:41 pm

groundpoundinggrunt wrote:Hello! I'm probably a little late in the game for this, but I thought I'd check out this forum when I overheard some of the dads talking about it the other night. I'm curious what peoples thoughts are about tonights section game between East Grand Forks and Crookston. Predictions?

I was at the East Grand Forks(EGF for now on) game against the Bears on Thursday night. I thought EGF played pretty well after they changed gears about half way through. The Bears goalie should have recieved an award for his effort. The scoreboard said around 55 shots, but I think actual shots were around 70. EGF wore out some sticks that night. I think EGF is going to come out screaming tonight and Crookston better strap their helmets on tight.



I'm picking EGF to wash over the Pirates by a score of 6 -2.
this has always been a pretty good rivalry between these 2 teams, I think EGF will win but I also think crookston will come out with a purpose as well. It could be a blow out or it could be a close game. EGF is by far the better team and has the home ice advantage, but that's why I love high school hockey, anything can happen at any moment. I will say EGF will win by a 5-3 score with an empty netter.

groundpoundinggrunt
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:58 am

Post by groundpoundinggrunt » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:16 pm

So true! I'll keep my fingers crossed for a close one. Nothing like that "on the edge of your seat" hockey. Crookston has had quality teams over the years. This year, is a little bit of an off year for them. I hate to look past Crookston so soon, but I want to see another EGF/TRF game. You mentioned rivalry, I think that TRF has become more of a rivalry in recent years. Great hockey!

Post Reply