Section 8A

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Prowlerhockey

Post by Prowlerhockey » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:32 pm

EGF-2
Crookston-1

End of first period.

Prowlerhockey

Post by Prowlerhockey » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:14 pm

Same score after second period.

EGF-2
Crookston-1

Prowlerhockey

Post by Prowlerhockey » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:00 pm

EGF-4
Crookston-1

FINAL!

warriors41

Post by warriors41 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:44 pm

Blake Nelson lays a big hit on TRFs captain, Englestad. They took him off on a stretcher. Hope him the best.

Prowlerhockey

Post by Prowlerhockey » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:00 pm

warriors41 wrote:Blake Nelson lays a big hit on TRFs captain, Englestad. They took him off on a stretcher. Hope him the best.
biggest cheap shot to the head I have ever seen!! But that's warroad hockey for ya!!

Deathblow

Post by Deathblow » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:04 pm

Prowlerhockey wrote:
warriors41 wrote:Blake Nelson lays a big hit on TRFs captain, Englestad. They took him off on a stretcher. Hope him the best.
biggest cheap shot to the head I have ever seen!! But that's warroad hockey for ya!!
From where I saw it, Engelstad wasn't keeping his head up, and wasn't ready for it...violent, yes, but not cheap. It reminded me of the hit that Brad Malone put on Jesse Martin a few years back.

warriors41

Post by warriors41 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:06 pm

Prowlerhockey wrote:
Nothing dirty about it. People can get hurt from clean hits. This game has been a textbook lesson an how to play physical but clean.

Prowlerhockey

Post by Prowlerhockey » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:17 pm

warriors41 wrote:
Prowlerhockey wrote:
Nothing dirty about it. People can get hurt from clean hits. This game has been a textbook lesson an how to play physical but clean.
it was a complete blind sided hit, that's clean??? Oh wait your probably from warroad so I guess it would be a clean hit to you!

warriors41

Post by warriors41 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:29 pm

Prowlerhockey wrote:
warriors41 wrote:
Prowlerhockey wrote:
it was a complete blind sided hit, that's clean??? Oh wait your probably from warroad so I guess it would be a clean hit to you!
Did the warriors41 give it away? It's not like you're anymore objective me. Blindside hits aren't illegal. He also had his head down and skated into two d-men. It's unfortunate. It really is.

Prowlerhockey

Post by Prowlerhockey » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:35 pm

warriors41 wrote:
Prowlerhockey wrote:
warriors41 wrote:
Prowlerhockey wrote:
Did the warriors41 give it away? It's not like you're anymore objective me. Blindside hits aren't illegal. He also had his head down and skated into two d-men. It's unfortunate. It really is.
did I say anything about illegal? I said it was a classic warroad cheap shot to the head against trf's top player I might add. Cheap head hunters

groundpoundinggrunt

Post by groundpoundinggrunt » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:36 pm

First, I hope the TRF player is okay. Hate to hear about any player being taken off the ice like that.

I took in the game before and it was a good one. Had a hard time finding a place to stand because of the great crowd. I eventually buddied up with a suppport beam. EGF and Crookston put on a good show for us. EGF moves forward because of a solid offensive and defensive effort. Crookston played well but EGF was just way to much for the Pirates. I'm hoping for TRF on Thursday. Good luck to both teams tonight. You're going to need it as well come Thursday. =)

warriors41

Post by warriors41 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:53 pm

Prowlerhockey wrote:
warriors41 wrote:
Prowlerhockey wrote:
warriors41 wrote:
Prowlerhockey wrote:
did I say anything about illegal? I said it was a classic warroad cheap shot to the head against trf's top player I might add. Cheap head hunters

I guess when you say things like "cheap" and "head hunters" it implies illegal. Especially since any contact to the head has been ruled illegal and has been a point of emphasis the last 2-3 years.

DekeDangler

Post by DekeDangler » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:08 pm

Prowler, I'm going to back you on this one. I recall many games played with Warroad in the past couple of years that were dirty. They have a different style of play that is less than honorable at times. I really hope the Englestad boy is okay.

Prowlerhockey

Post by Prowlerhockey » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:11 pm

DekeDangler wrote:Prowler, I'm going to back you on this one. I recall many games played with Warroad in the past couple of years that were dirty. They have a different style of play that is less than honorable at times. I really hope the Englestad boy is okay.
thank you I hope he will be ok as well, it's just sad when a team has to stoop to that level just to try to win a hockey game.

SectionFan2

Post by SectionFan2 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:18 pm

thank you I hope he will be ok as well, it's just sad when a team has to stoop to that level just to try to win a hockey game.[/quote]

Really???? Not a warroad or a TRF fan but you are getting a little holier than thou.....

CreaseMonkey

Post by CreaseMonkey » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:47 pm

Prowlerhockey wrote:
DekeDangler wrote:Prowler, I'm going to back you on this one. I recall many games played with Warroad in the past couple of years that were dirty. They have a different style of play that is less than honorable at times. I really hope the Englestad boy is okay.
thank you I hope he will be ok as well, it's just sad when a team has to stoop to that level just to try to win a hockey game.
Geez....I think the games you were looking for were being played down in St. Paul this weekend! Hockey is a physical game, and if your head is down, good things are not going to happen. Guess they should have just let the kid go on by since one should not "stoop to that level to try to win"

If you want to bring up cheap shots, lets talk about the hit on the Warroad goalie.

Prowlerhockey

Post by Prowlerhockey » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:53 pm

CreaseMonkey wrote:
Prowlerhockey wrote:
Geez....I think the games you were looking for were being played down in St. Paul this weekend! Hockey is a physical game, and if your head is down, good things are not going to happen. Guess they should have just let the kid go on by since one should not "stoop to that level to try to win"

If you want to bring up cheap shots, lets talk about the hit on the Warroad goalie.
hahahahahahahahhaha,yeah let's talk about it, what do you have to say about it? It looked like the warroad goalie was going to have a Seizure from all that Embellishing he was doing!

Prowlerhockey

Post by Prowlerhockey » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:01 pm

Prowlerhockey wrote:
CreaseMonkey wrote:
Prowlerhockey wrote:

hahahahahahahahhaha,yeah let's talk about it, what do you have to say about it? It looked like the warroad goalie was going to have a Seizure from all that Embellishing he was doing!
someone better check his neck, I think he might of given himself whiplash...hahaha

CreaseMonkey

Post by CreaseMonkey » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:11 pm

So you are saying it is just fine to run the goalie, but not ok when one of your guys takes a "legal" hit? If the Warroad goalie had been knocked out of the game on that hit, would you be on here calling your team cheap? I doubt it.

DekeDangler

Post by DekeDangler » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:19 pm

I was really hoping for a TRF rematch with EGF. I know some of my EGF friends are going to enjoy watching their team get another piece of Warroad. I haven't looked to make sure, but I think those two tied, not to long ago. Yes, I'm going to say it, as many problems as I have with certain aspects of their program, I'd love to see EGF take it to Warroad.

Prowlerhockey

Post by Prowlerhockey » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:52 pm

CreaseMonkey wrote:So you are saying it is just fine to run the goalie, but not ok when one of your guys takes a "legal" hit? If the Warroad goalie had been knocked out of the game on that hit, would you be on here calling your team cheap? I doubt it.
im not disputing the fact of a legal hit or not, I'm saying they were out to get that one guy on trf and the kid that made the hit did it with the intent to hurt him, so legal hit or not, that's not right! If you have to do something like that to win a game,maybe they shouldn't be playing at all!! And as far as the goalie incident goes, if it were a cheap intentional trip on the goalie then yes I would admit that it was a cheap play.

bardown27

Post by bardown27 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:34 am

Prowlerhockey,

by no means was it a cheap or dirty hit. it was a 2 on 2 coming into the zone, and the weak side D, LIKE THEY ARE TAUGHT, crossed with the strong side D and played the body. They teach this is peewees (when checking was still legal in peewees). it was shoulder to chest, not elbow to head or whatever your eyes saw. clean hit, very nice step up by Mr. Nelson.

warriors41

Post by warriors41 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:48 am

Prowlerhockey wrote:
CreaseMonkey wrote:So you are saying it is just fine to run the goalie, but not ok when one of your guys takes a "legal" hit? If the Warroad goalie had been knocked out of the game on that hit, would you be on here calling your team cheap? I doubt it.
im not disputing the fact of a legal hit or not, I'm saying they were out to get that one guy on trf and the kid that made the hit did it with the intent to hurt him, so legal hit or not, that's not right! If you have to do something like that to win a game,maybe they shouldn't be playing at all!! And as far as the goalie incident goes, if it were a cheap intentional trip on the goalie then yes I would admit that it was a cheap play.
I understand you as a Prowler fan are worried about the hurt player. I think any true sports hates to see something like this happen. If you want to argue about whether or not the hit was clean, we can have that debate. However, you cross a pretty big line when you try insinuate that Nelson was intentionally gunning for Englestad and trying to seriously hurt. You have no proof of that claim or any clue what was going through his head. To the best of my knowledge he doesn't have any history of bad hits. Warroad was hitting people all over the ice so it obviously wasn't just the TRF captain they wanted to check. Unfortunately in contact sports, bad things happen to good people. Don't try to claim there was malicious intent to injure in this hit, especially if it was clean.

Prowlerhockey

Post by Prowlerhockey » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:54 am

bardown27 wrote:Prowlerhockey,

by no means was it a cheap or dirty hit. it was a 2 on 2 coming into the zone, and the weak side D, LIKE THEY ARE TAUGHT, crossed with the strong side D and played the body. They teach this is peewees (when checking was still legal in peewees). it was shoulder to chest, not elbow to head or whatever your eyes saw. clean hit, very nice step up by Mr. Nelson.
clearly we were watching a different game then one another, and it was shoulder to HEAD not chest I was right at ice level I seen the whole play, not saying it was illegal hit at all, I'm saying that that was his intent to hurt him and take him out of the game! Hope he gets what's coming to him against east grand forks!

defense

Post by defense » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:57 am

Hope the best for the TRF kid...always hate people getting hurt.
but..
come on TRF guy who is calling Warroad out...I mean really? All u teams up north play a " different" style.. same as IR...not saying it's good, bad, whatever...just saying