Why doesn't FSN televise section 8 rivalry games??

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

hockeyrocks99

Why doesn't FSN televise section 8 rivalry games??

Post by hockeyrocks99 »

Why doesn't FSN show games beside Wayzata 4 games, Minnetonka 3 games and Edina 3 games. There are people that would like to watch Moorhead vs. EGF, Roseau vs. Moorhead or Warroad, Thief River Falls vs. Warroad or EGF some of these rivalries can't even be compared to the cities teams. So instead of just showing metro games majority of the time how about some northern teams........
clutterbuck22

Re: Why doesn't FSN televise section 8 rivalry games??

Post by clutterbuck22 »

hockeyrocks99 wrote:Why doesn't FSN show games beside Wayzata 4 games, Minnetonka 3 games and Edina 3 games. There are people that would like to watch Moorhead vs. EGF, Roseau vs. Moorhead or Warroad, Thief River Falls vs. Warroad or EGF some of these rivalries can't even be compared to the cities teams. So instead of just showing metro games majority of the time how about some northern teams........
Because they don't travel outside of the cities...
thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 »

Getting a television crew to Wayzata, Minnetonka, and Edina is cheaper and faster than Warroad, Moorhead, EGF etc.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

clutterbuck22 wrote:
hockeyrocks99 wrote:Why doesn't FSN show games beside Wayzata 4 games, Minnetonka 3 games and Edina 3 games. There are people that would like to watch Moorhead vs. EGF, Roseau vs. Moorhead or Warroad, Thief River Falls vs. Warroad or EGF some of these rivalries can't even be compared to the cities teams. So instead of just showing metro games majority of the time how about some northern teams........
Because they don't travel outside of the cities...
No GPS in their vehicles, eh? :wink:

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
Bigcat99

Post by Bigcat99 »

limited budget vs. potential ratings for regular season high school games. Not that I wouldnt mind seeing Warroad vs. Roseau on my big screen on a tuesday evening in Jan or Feb!
Last edited by Bigcat99 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is what it is!
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

Production costs, vicinity of the metro schools, ect.
They used to have Gorg and a big production staff till they pulled the plug a few years ago. Now it is the same as the online streaming guys and that keeps it in the metro. Have you seen Lindsey the on ice reporter...
Bigcat99

Post by Bigcat99 »

alcloseshaver wrote:Production costs, vicinity of the metro schools, ect.
They used to have Gorg and a big production staff till they pulled the plug a few years ago. Now it is the same as the online streaming guys and that keeps it in the metro. Have you seen Lindsey the on ice reporter...
Hey... everyone's gotta have a first job! :lol:
It is what it is!
iwatchalotofhockey

look for a upcoming Roseau vs Warroad on MNHockeyCenter

Post by iwatchalotofhockey »

Well that doesnt mean that someone else can't cover the game!

Look for an upcoming section 8A vs 8AA game next week. We are doing a game up in Duluth and I may continue on back home to Roseau to cover the Roseau vs Warroad match up on MnHockeyCenter and prep45.com

I aint afraid to drive up north!!! And BTW I will be showing my bias as I will be very upfront about that being a former Green and White player!!

Stay tuned for further developments as I have to get a few things ironed out but right now I would say its 60/40 with increasing in odds.

Also as side note I am trying to work with some interested parties to get Sect 8 covered during playoffs I would love to see some of these games on the MnHockeyCenter/Prep45 sites during sections as we can do live video for the Playoffs.

Sid from MnHockeyCenter.com
Roy01

Post by Roy01 »

Maybe someone could put the proposal of televising major high school games in the region toward the direction of Mid-Co?
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

I agree. It would be nice to see more northern teams in the mix; however, I suspect FSNorth has its reasons.

In theory, FSNorth's televising of high school games is ran under a strict budget. Taking into account the fixed costs (travel expenses, labor costs, etc.), fiscally I doubt its worth it to FSNorth when they look at the potential amount of viewers. Viewers and commercial airtime pay the bills, so the "director of operations" probably believes not as many viewers will tune in if it were TRF and EGF (no offense) than compared to showing HM, Tonka, BSM, etc. These teams are in FSNorth's general area, which equates to lower fixed costs if they were to televise in say Warroad.

My theory may upset some, but frankly, I am seeing things in a business sense. At least the North got Hockey Day MN this year.

Perhaps they'll nut up and show a game or two in flannel country next year.

8)
The Puck
LGW
Flin Flon

Tv coverage

Post by Flin Flon »

I know that EGF's mayor has a proposal in the works for FSN to get Hockey Day Mn to come to EGF in 2 yrs. It was brought up at this weeks council meeting. The game would be played on the Red River of the North and Could Involve a number of teams, EGF vs TRF, Warroad, or even Crookston. Would be great for a Section 8 team to host again.
Air Force 1

Re: Tv coverage

Post by Air Force 1 »

Flin Flon wrote:I know that EGF's mayor has a proposal in the works for FSN to get Hockey Day Mn to come to EGF in 2 yrs. It was brought up at this weeks council meeting. The game would be played on the Red River of the North and Could Involve a number of teams, EGF vs TRF, Warroad, or even Crookston. Would be great for a Section 8 team to host again.
I just did a quick check and the minutes from the last council meeting have not been posted and the Exponent article from the last meeting did not mention it, but if true, where do I sign up to help out? It would be a blast to host Hockey Day Minnesota!
Tenoverpar

f

Post by Tenoverpar »

Don't you know....hockey isn't "actually" played outside of the west/southwest metro, except by the eastside stars and the new powerhouse sponsored by the historic Saint Thomas....the rest of the state isnt' worthy until they prove otherwise
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

alcloseshaver wrote:Production costs, vicinity of the metro schools, ect.
I can smell the beer on her breath through the tv...
Deathblow

Re: Tv coverage

Post by Deathblow »

Flin Flon wrote:I know that EGF's mayor has a proposal in the works for FSN to get Hockey Day Mn to come to EGF in 2 yrs. It was brought up at this weeks council meeting. The game would be played on the Red River of the North and Could Involve a number of teams, EGF vs TRF, Warroad, or even Crookston. Would be great for a Section 8 team to host again.
I would love this...heck...even see if Moorhead and Roseau could play a non-conference game, there, too...I know it's, Hockey Day in Minnesota, but have Central and Red River play, also. Really try to showcase the hockey of the region.