Section 4AA

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

HShockeywatcher wrote:
WBLHockeyfan04 wrote:
Fwdguy wrote:I don't think anybody takes that ranking serious. Maybe if you can post another ranking that has them in the top 15 It might change my mind. Don't get me wrong I'm not taking anything away from what they have done. It's just the teams they played its hard to put them that high.
They play only two 4AA teams all year, and barely beat North St. Paul who isn't very overwhelming themselves. They have a game against Duluth East at the end of the year which might help get a good idea how good they are. Of course beating Hill tonight, or STA down the road would help their cause. I just have trouble ranking them any higher than 4, because of their weak schedule. I wish they played more 4AA teams to get a better idea of how good they are.
So why don't Roseville, WBL, Moundsview and Stillwater schedule them? Instead of complaining that they'll get seeded high without playing teams, why don't the games happen?

I don't know anything, but I highly doubt Tartan would turn down all 4 match ups and I highly doubt none of the 4 could use the game on their schedules.

Hill Murray has no reason for the games, but it makes a lot of sense for both Tartan and the other 4. Anyone know why the games don't happen?
Now there is an understatement. :wink:

Right now I see it as:

1 HM
2 Tartan
3 MV
4 RV
5 WBL
6 SW

Of course a lot can change over the remaining month of games. WBL has to beat RV in order to move ahead of them. Otherwise, losing both game to RV will insure RV gets a higher seed. If WBL beats Lakeville South, RV and SW, then I could see them moving ahead of MV. Tartan's game against DE will help determine where they fit into all of this mess, but right now, they are #2.

As to the comment about Tartan not having to get by Moose. You can say the same for the Bears (as proven last year).
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

karl(east) wrote:
HShockeywatcher wrote: So why don't Roseville, WBL, Moundsview and Stillwater schedule them? Instead of complaining that they'll get seeded high without playing teams, why don't the games happen?

I don't know anything, but I highly doubt Tartan would turn down all 4 match ups and I highly doubt none of the 4 could use the game on their schedules.

Hill Murray has no reason for the games, but it makes a lot of sense for both Tartan and the other 4. Anyone know why the games don't happen?
WBL: 18 conference games, 2 for a holiday tourney, 3 longstanding series with elite teams (Hill, Edina, DE), plus another longstanding series with Cloquet, and then Lakeville South.

Not too hard to see why they haven't found room for Tartan.
Actually, before last year, the bears non conference games included:

1 HM (best rivalry in the state)
3 Schwan Cup Gold division
2 Moorhead and Fargo South (Home 1 year, away the next)
2 DE and Cloquet (Home 1 year, away the next)
1 Rochester Century

They dropped MH and Fargo for Edina and Lakeville South, and replaced RC with GR.

I always felt they should drop MH and Fargo for STA and Mahtomedi. But, I can't complain when they added Edina and LS. It was a treat to see Kloos skate circles around us last year! :oops:
hockeymannorth

Post by hockeymannorth »

WBLHockeyfan04 wrote:
hockeymannorth wrote:1 HM
2 MV
3 SW
4 Tartan
5 RV
6 WB
7 NSP
8 COmo

Is this a joke? How is WB 6th!?
lost to stillwater lost to roseville only 2 wins by 1-28 were would you put them
inthetwine

Post by inthetwine »

hockeymannorth wrote:
WBLHockeyfan04 wrote:
2 MV
3 SW
4 Tartan
5 RV
6 WB
7 NSP
8 COmo

lost to stillwater lost to roseville only 2 wins by 1-28 were would you put them
WB must mean woodbury, who is not in this section, WBL has beat stillwater, and has 7 conf wins.
WBLHockeyfan04

Post by WBLHockeyfan04 »

hockeymannorth wrote:
WBLHockeyfan04 wrote:
2 MV
3 SW
4 Tartan
5 RV
6 WB
7 NSP
8 COmo

Get your facts right before posting.
mnpuckster

Post by mnpuckster »

Wbl is starting to look respectable. 2 or 3 seed coming for the bears.
Can they pull off another miracle at the fairgrounds?
hockeymannorth

Post by hockeymannorth »

WBLHockeyfan04 wrote:
hockeymannorth wrote:
WBLHockeyfan04 wrote:
2-8-4 record on MHSL were are your facts?
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

hockeymannorth wrote:
WBLHockeyfan04 wrote:
hockeymannorth wrote:lost to stillwater lost to roseville only 2 wins by 1-28 were would you put them
Suburban East Conference Standings
Team Conf. Overall Streak
Cretin-Derham Hall 11-3-0 13-6-1 Won 4
Mounds View 8-3-2 12-6-2 Won 1
White Bear Lake 8-4-1 11-8-1 Won 3
Hastings 8-5-0 11-7-1 Won 1
Roseville 7-5-2 9-9-2 Lost 2
East Ridge 6-6-2 10-9-2 Won 2
Forest Lake 6-7-0 11-10-0 Lost 1
Stillwater Area 5-8-1 8-10-1 Lost 1
Woodbury 1-9-3 6-11-3 Lost 2
Park Cottage Grove 1-11-1 2-16-1 Lost 6
WBLHockeyfan04

Post by WBLHockeyfan04 »

hockeymannorth wrote:
WBLHockeyfan04 wrote:
hockeymannorth wrote:lost to stillwater lost to roseville only 2 wins by 1-28 were would you put them
Well they split with the #2 team in your rankings, and are playing much better hockey than them right now. They crushed your #3 seeded team, and have a better record and higher place in the conference. They lost to Roseville earlier in the year, but if they can split with them I would bump WBL ahead. Mainly because they are going to likely finish higher in the SEC and have a better record. They don't play Tartan, so I can't really say where they'll end up. I know one thing, the way they're playing they won't be 6.
inthetwine

Post by inthetwine »

hockeymannorth wrote:
WBLHockeyfan04 wrote:
Hockeynorth, you can't go by MSHSL, they don't keep anything up to date. And, it is "where are your facts", not "were" are your facts, you must be from Fargo!
chester1991

Section 4AA

Post by chester1991 »

1) Hill Murray

2) Mounds View

3) White Bear Lake

4) Tartan

5) Roseville

6) Stillwater

7) North St Paul

8) Como Park
inthetwine

Re: Section 4AA

Post by inthetwine »

chester1991 wrote:1) Hill Murray

2) Mounds View

3) White Bear Lake

4) Tartan

5) Roseville

6) Stillwater

7) North St Paul
8) Como Park
Pretty close, I suppose there is an argument for Flip/flopping MV and WBL, but that will get settled in the next week. Tartan could also get moved up, I know they play a weaker overall schedule than Sub East teams, but only 3 losses to 2 of the top teams in the state still says something, and a win agianst St. Thomas or Duluth east would give them quite an argument for #2 seed.
Fwdguy

Post by Fwdguy »

inthetwine wrote:

2) Mounds View

3) White Bear Lake

4) Tartan

5) Roseville

6) Stillwater

7) North St Paul
8) Como Park
Pretty close, I suppose there is an argument for Flip/flopping MV and WBL, but that will get settled in the next week. Tartan could also get moved up, I know they play a weaker overall schedule than Sub East teams, but only 3 losses to 2 of the top teams in the state still says something, and a win agianst St. Thomas or Duluth east would give them quite an argument for #2 seed.
I have to agree with you on 1 point only.
WB will be the #2 and tartan will stay at #4
hockeysocks

Post by hockeysocks »

inthetwine wrote:

2) Mounds View

3) White Bear Lake

4) Tartan

5) Roseville

6) Stillwater

7) North St Paul
8) Como Park
Looks pretty good...
Here's how I see it:
MV and WBL will fall into the #2 and #3 seeds, still not clear which will be #2. I've seen both these team play a handful of times and there's not much seperating these two. Split head-to-head, both one goal games.
Tartan is locked into #4, unless they can upset STA or Duluth East, but don't see that happening.
Stillwater is #5.
Roseville is #6.
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

1. HM (locked in)
2. Tartan-tie against STA will place them no lower that 3.
3. WB-needs to win out & hope Tartan stumbles to move up.
4. MV (locked in)-Loss to East Ridge hurts
5. Roseville-loss to Stillwater makes them vulnerable here
6. Stillwater-win over Roseville may have them switching spots.
7. NSP (locked in)
8. Como (locked in)
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

@followthepuck on twitter (followthepuck.com) has it this way: (is it has messed up as his 7AA seeds?)

1. Hill Murray
2. Stillwater
3. Moundsview
4. White Bear Lake
5. Roseville
6. Tartan
7. North St. Paul
8. St. Paul Johnson
9. St. Paul Como Park
Last edited by TheHockeyDJ on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
Tenoverpar

t

Post by Tenoverpar »

There are still some pivotal SEC games with Stillwater, Mounds View and Roseville involved to judge where this will end up. Tartan's tie with STA last night (nice job kids) and their overall record has to lock them in at #2 despite the perception they played a weak schedule. They are the Mountain West equivalent in the BCS.
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

Two ways to look at it.

1 HM
2-8 Doesn't matter

or

1 HM
2 Tartan
3-6 WBL, MV, RV, SW
7 NSP
8 Como

I don't think you can assign 3-6 yet until they complete their games. If WBL loses to both RV and SW, they will drop to 6. If they win both, they should be at 3. If they split, who knows.
thorhockey

Post by thorhockey »

As I see it

! - East side selects

2 - Mighty Titans

3 - Da' Bears

5 - Tough Horsies

6 - Sissy Horsies

7 - The other "Raider" team

8 - Da' udder Bears

9 - Big Kitties
Last edited by thorhockey on Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

thorhockey wrote:As I see it

! - East side selects

2 - Mighty Titans

3 - Da' Bears

5 - Tough Horsies

6 - Sissy Horsies

7 - Da' udder Bears

8 - Big Kitties
Looks like you couldn't come up with a "cute" name for Roseville so ya just left them out? Either that or you are still celebrating last night's tie. :wink:
thorhockey

Post by thorhockey »

All of the above PPG
Happy hour started an hour ago.

I would put the Raiders (more appropriate name for Hill Murray's team name) right below the sissy horsies.
inthetwine

Re: t

Post by inthetwine »

Tenoverpar wrote:There are still some pivotal SEC games with Stillwater, Mounds View and Roseville involved to judge where this will end up. Tartan's tie with STA last night (nice job kids) and their overall record has to lock them in at #2 despite the perception they played a weak schedule. They are the Mountain West equivalent in the BCS.
Tartans 1 goal loss to St. Thomas is no different that WBL's 1 goal loss to Edina, Duluth East Or Grand Rapids. If the Bears win out, they should be #2.
mnhockfan99

Post by mnhockfan99 »

If Tartan wins out, which will be very tough to do - they have to be #2. May be #2 even if they win 2 of 3...as WBL to me has no marquee wins, granted they have played a more difficult schedule but if you lose them all I don't want to hear about it...I don't think it matters anyway HM will have to really crap their pants to not make it out of 4AA this year...
WBLHockeyfan04

Post by WBLHockeyfan04 »

mnhockfan99 wrote:If Tartan wins out, which will be very tough to do - they have to be #2. May be #2 even if they win 2 of 3...as WBL to me has no marquee wins, granted they have played a more difficult schedule but if you lose them all I don't want to hear about it...I don't think it matters anyway HM will have to really crap their pants to not make it out of 4AA this year...

Who were Tartan's marquee wins against?

I'm actually hoping that they both get the 2-3 seeds, because it will finally put this debate to rest if they meet in the section semis. I have nothing against Tartan, but their schedule is full of class A teams and their marquee wins are against Lourdes and TRF. A tie against STA helps, but I think it's just difficult to seed them. I guess their final few games may help put things to rest.
mnhockfan99

Post by mnhockfan99 »

IF Tartan wins out, and I said if...or if they end up beating DE....a win over DE would qualify as a legit, top-end team type victory.

We will see what happens the next 8 days here. Most likely you'll get WBL/Tartan in the 2 and 3 seed anyway...I think WBL getting swept by Hastings may be what hurts them.

Definitely Tartan's schedule not as tough as WBL, but their 3 losses have come to HM and STA, and their tie came vs. STA. Would WBL do better than that vs. HM and STA if they played both twice? I personally say no but that is simply my opinion. I think WBL has played well lately and is dangerous team, but give Tartan a little lead over them for race for #2.