Section 4AA

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Fwdguy

Post by Fwdguy »

pioneers wrote:Official

1. H-M
2. WBL
3. Tartan
4. Stillwater
5. MV
6.Roseville
7. NSP
8. Como
Hill
Como..Hill
WBL
NSP.....WBL
Tartan
RV...tartan
SW
MV...SW
Hill
SW...Hill. Hill
tartan. WBL
WBL..WBL....Hill
WBLHockeyfan04

Post by WBLHockeyfan04 »

1. H-M
2. WBL
3. Tartan
4. Stillwater
5. MV
6.Roseville
7. NSP
8. Como
It's great that the semis for this section are on Tuesday this year instead of the usual Wednesday night. I now can catch the section final games at Mariucci the following night.
East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

I'm not so concerned about whether the semis are on Tuesday or Wednesday, but as I'm getting a little long in the tooth, I like to see the start time has been moved up to 8:30 from 9:00. If it only goes to one OT we can still get out before midnight.
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

1. H-M
2. WBL
3. Tartan
4. Stillwater
5. MV
6.Roseville
7. NSP
8. Como
SW being ahead of MV is a big surprise, but since 4 plays 5, it doesn't really matter.

So who is going to be the first round upset? Hopefully the Bears learned their lesson with last years choke against Johnson.
inthetwine

Post by inthetwine »

BodyShots wrote:

1. H-M
2. WBL
3. Tartan
4. Stillwater
5. MV
6.Roseville
7. NSP
8. Como
SW being ahead of MV is a big surprise, but since 4 plays 5, it doesn't really matter.

So who is going to be the first round upset? Hopefully the Bears learned their lesson with last years choke against Johnson.
Roseville over Tartan is my upset pick.
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

Only real upset options are NSP & Roseville. I'm sure lightning won't strike twice for the Bears and they will take care of the Polars. Wouldn't surpise me to see Roseville advance as I think them & Tartan mave have similiar talent. MV & Stillwater have both struggled down the stretch & tied late in the year. Coin toss there. I'm predicting the winner of MV/Still gives HM a scare in the semis!
hockeysocks

Post by hockeysocks »

BodyShots wrote:

1. H-M
2. WBL
3. Tartan
4. Stillwater
5. MV
6.Roseville
7. NSP
8. Como

I agree, it doesn’t really matter whether you’re seeded 4 or 5, but SW receiving a higher seed than MV just doesn’t compute. In SEC play MV was 9-6-3, compared to SW at 6-10-2. SW beat MV early in the season and they tied in their second meeting. Just don’t see how that could be enough to leap frog a team that finished 7 points ahead of you in conference play. I’d love to hear some of these coaches rationalize their seeding selections…
slacsap

Post by slacsap »

East Side Pioneer Guy:
The 4AA final is at 8:30 this year. They moved it up last year when 5AA played the late game.
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

I'm going with HM, WBL, Tartan, and MV on Saturday.

Let the festivities begin.
barry_mcconnell

Post by barry_mcconnell »

Tartan was 20-4-1 on the season and bounced in the first round of sections? Whoever does their non-conference scheduling should have to sleep on a bed of wet smelly hockey gloves.

Rochester Century
Thief River Falls
Crookston
Red Wing
Princeton
Rochester Lourdes

There are a whole bunch of teams in between Richfield and STA/Duluth East.
nosoupforyou

Post by nosoupforyou »

barry_mcconnell wrote:Tartan was 20-4-1 on the season and bounced in the first round of sections? Whoever does their non-conference scheduling should have to sleep on a bed of wet smelly hockey gloves.

Rochester Century
Thief River Falls
Crookston
Red Wing
Princeton
Rochester Lourdes

There are a whole bunch of teams in between Richfield and STA/Duluth East.
Did Tartan and Luverne use the same scheduler? Two 20 win team already knocked out.
inthetwine

Post by inthetwine »

I'm just glad to see the SEC take it to the CSC!!!!
almostashappy

Post by almostashappy »

inthetwine wrote:I'm just glad to see the SEC take it to the CSC!!!!
Almost makes up for how poorly the SEC did against the SSC in 3AA, doesn't it? :wink:
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

I'll take the top 2 seeds tonight. Hill in running time, and the Bears in a 2 goal game.