Holy Family (13-4) @ Benilde (14-5) 1-30-13 7:30pm

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Poll ended at Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:41 am

Benilde-St Margaret's
73%
Holy Family Catholic
27%

Total votes: 22

HShockeywatcher

Holy Family (13-4) @ Benilde (14-5) 1-30-13 7:30pm

Post by HShockeywatcher »

A huge game for Holy Family that could earn them a home game in the quarter finals of section 6AA if they manage a win. For Benilde, it will hopefully just be another game they dominate and make another claim to be the top seed in the section.
blueblood

BSM vs. HF

Post by blueblood »

Both teams played Lourdes this week with BSM winning big on Saturday in Rochester (8-1) while HF was only able to beat Lourdes (4-2) on Thursday on their home ice.

My prediction:

BSM - 5
HF - 1
observer

Post by observer »

The fascination with HF is misdirected.

6-2 Benilde
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Little correction BlueBlood. BSM 6 Lourdes 1. Both games Lourdes had with BSM and HF were 3-1 after 2....

Hopefully it will be a good game and if my boys from the FIRE don't bring their A game, it will quickly turn into a debacle for them.

Obvious edge to the Red Knights, but the Fire CAN pull out a upset. Will they? I guess I wouldn't put money on it, but it would be cool if they did.
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

observer wrote:The fascination with HF is misdirected.
How so? What do you see being said about them that is untrue?

They have two of the best [sophomore] forwards in the state and are not only a young, but an up and coming team. I predict them a 5 or 6 seed this year, but they do have the players to upset some good teams on the right night.

My personal "fascination" comes from their future potential if their young players don't leave the school. A team who has gotten good records in recent years from playing a subpar schedule, this year they lost to Wayzata this year by the same score as Hill-Murray. They have one of the Top 3 sophomore forwards in the state and a sophomore teammate just trailing him in points. Looking at rosters without knowing anything about those players who'd replace those leaving next year, predicting a #2 seed in 6AA next year doesn't seem like much of a bold prediction.

Just my two cents.

7 BSM
2 HF
SWPrez

Post by SWPrez »

I am going 7-1 BSM if BSM plays on both ends of the rink. BSM 8-4 if they play West Coast offense.

Just don't think HF will have the defense to counter BSM's speed.
minnscout

Post by minnscout »

It will be similiar to last seasons game, close for a period than Benilde puts it away over the final 2 periods Benilde 6 HF 1
F14

Post by F14 »

Game on SLP Cable 16

Live Webstreaming at 7 pm

Replays will occur starting the next day

Also can watch all kinds of SLP and BSM games

By going to www.parktv.org and clicking on links.
iwatchalotofhockey

Live on MnHockeyCenter.com & Prep45.com

Post by iwatchalotofhockey »

Tonight's game will be covered live on The Center and on Prep45.com

For Highlights Click below:

http://pointstreak.com/flashapp/index_h ... id=2093494

For Live Video Broadcast Coverage Click Below:

www.Prep45.com
Metrohockeyfan

Post by Metrohockeyfan »

If HF could pull off the big upset, where do people see them in the 6AA seeding?
blueblood

HF vs BSM

Post by blueblood »

Awil95

Re: HF vs BSM

Post by Awil95 »

blueblood wrote:#5
Hf up 3-1 2 goals by Peterson and 1 by gersich
Metrohockeyfan

Post by Metrohockeyfan »

Great 1st period of hockey ends 3-2 HF. Goaltending really the story in the first as Lacombe made some great saves for HF, well Sprang seemed to fight the puck a little bit.
blueblood

BSM vs. HF

Post by blueblood »

Looks like SWPrez is gonna be right with his secondary prediction of 8-4 and the West Coast Offense.
tonkafan77

Post by tonkafan77 »

THE worst call I've ever witnessed in my life.

Ever.
Bonehead

Post by Bonehead »

tonkafan77 wrote:THE worst call I've ever witnessed in my life.

Ever.
The Besse rule?
tonkafan77

Post by tonkafan77 »

Bonehead wrote:

Ever.
The Besse rule?
Kicking someone out of the game for accidentally running into someone....who pretends to be hurt and limps off the ice and then is right back out there for the power play next shift like nothing every happened.

Holy Family was coming off of 2 quick goals and had a ton of momentum coming into the final minutes of the game. Those refs blew it.
koolio

Post by koolio »

Love the candid comments by the webcast announcer. So true! BS call.
Bonehead

Post by Bonehead »

Could not agree more. The drama lay scored big points with the ref.
Awil95

Post by Awil95 »

Bonehead wrote:Could not agree more. The drama lay scored big points with the ref.
Same refs blew the jv game with calling a buzzer beater it goal off because the net was off
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

tonkafan77 wrote:
Bonehead wrote:

Ever.
The Besse rule?
Kicking someone out of the game for accidentally running into someone....who pretends to be hurt and limps off the ice and then is right back out there for the power play next shift like nothing every happened.

Holy Family was coming off of 2 quick goals and had a ton of momentum coming into the final minutes of the game. Those refs blew it.
Bear with me for a second. I haven't been watching the game.

Did a HF player "check" a BSM player from behind. Who hit who?

Could I please get a score as well?

Thanks

8)
The Puck
LGW
SWPrez

Post by SWPrez »

7-5 final BSM.

With about 2:30 left in the game, a HF player was called for kneeing Besse. On FSN, the angle wasn't great, but the way Besse's legs flew, there was definitely knee to knee contact. I will defer to the other posters here as to whether it was accidental, a cheap shot, or somewhere in between. Someone at the game probably had a better angle and insight. Besse was down for a couple of minutes and back out for the 5 minute major where they scored their 7th goal.
Bonehead

Post by Bonehead »

PuckU126 wrote:
tonkafan77 wrote:
Bonehead wrote: The Besse rule?

Thanks

8)
Two players spun around after a loose puck in the closing minutes of a 6-5 game. One of them was Besse, who proceeded to stop, drop and roll (with a supporting cast member calling for medical assistance). Play was stopped, and after the major kneeing penalty was assessed the game was essentially over. And yes, Besse gutted out the power play to end the game.
Awil95

Post by Awil95 »

PuckU126 wrote:
tonkafan77 wrote:
Bonehead wrote: The Besse rule?

Thanks

8)
"Knee to knee " check in besse
Swanson hit besse he layed their for a bit Swanson got ejected with 3.5 or so to go and then besse was out the next shift
Final score bsm 7 hf 5 bsm netted an empty netter with 30 seconds left
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

SWPrez wrote:7-5 final BSM.

With about 2:30 left in the game, a HF player was called for kneeing Besse. On FSN, the angle wasn't great, but the way Besse's legs flew, there was definitely knee to knee contact. I will defer to the other posters here as to whether it was accidental, a cheap shot, or somewhere in between. Someone at the game probably had a better angle and insight. Besse was down for a couple of minutes and back out for the 5 minute major where they scored their 7th goal.
Thank you, SWPrez.

8)
The Puck
LGW