8AA seeding

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Syd Barrett

Post by Syd Barrett » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:48 pm

SPUDNUT wrote:Got my room booked already - brand new recliner, 15 feet from a 42 inch screen in my living room.
Allz you need now is a couple of twelve packs of PBR and a pepperoni pizza and your all set :wink:

SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:26 pm

Syd Barrett wrote:
SPUDNUT wrote:Got my room booked already - brand new recliner, 15 feet from a 42 inch screen in my living room.
Allz you need now is a couple of twelve packs of PBR and a pepperoni pizza and your all set :wink:

I could survive 'til spring on that !

Skip_per

Warrior Pride

Post by Skip_per » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:41 pm

The Warriors of Brainerd will be proud to represent section 8AA. When we started this year we were very young......... We were not very disciplined and we had a couple of losses that were learning experiences. I cannot predict what will happen, but I know if we continue to play like we did against Bemidji the other day we will be going to state. Now once we get there................. who knows what will happen............ Yes we probably will be playing a high seed.......... But they better not take us lightly........... WE are :D THE WARRIORS. :D
Skipper
Peace

Ira Bentnee

Post by Ira Bentnee » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:20 pm

Some of the folk I've talked to said that East Grand Forks is the best team in 8A and AA when they get it going. Warroad and Thief River Falls are equally dangerous . Would be worth the time to see who really is the the best and have that team represent the section at AA State. :wink:

defense

Post by defense » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:55 pm

Ira Bentnee wrote:Some of the folk I've talked to said that East Grand Forks is the best team in 8A and AA when they get it going. Warroad and Thief River Falls are equally dangerous . Would be worth the time to see who really is the the best and have that team represent the section at AA State. :wink:
This year AND MANY other years the section 8 a champ would be the better team than 8 aa. In fact IMO most years 8 a has more than one team who would win 8 aa. And a lot of years 8 a is the stronger section.

Vapor

Post by Vapor » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:20 pm

defense wrote:
Ira Bentnee wrote:Some of the folk I've talked to said that East Grand Forks is the best team in 8A and AA when they get it going. Warroad and Thief River Falls are equally dangerous . Would be worth the time to see who really is the the best and have that team represent the section at AA State. :wink:
This year AND MANY other years the section 8 a champ would be the better team than 8 aa. In fact IMO most years 8 a has more than one team who would win 8 aa. And a lot of years 8 a is the stronger section.[/

Not !

defense

Post by defense » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:08 pm

Not! Yourself... truth hurts

Ira Bentnee

Post by Ira Bentnee » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:15 pm

Why wouldn't those teams opt up to play AA then? Opting up wouldn't change the conference play. Would also cut back on the geographic make up of 8AA. As of now 8AA has more central Minnesota teams and isn't a true representation of the NW section of the state. Heaven forbid the time 8AA and 7AA are represented by teams that are considered to part of the Metro
Transit District :oops:

defense

Post by defense » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:53 am

I couldn't answer that. Never could, and never will be able to.

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:32 am

8aa with Roseau, Warroad, Thief River Falls, East Grand Forks, Bemijdi, Moorhead, Brainerd and Alexandria

8a with
Hallock, LOW, Red Lake Falls, Crookston, Detroit Lakes, Walker, Park Rapids, Bagley

As long as I am at it.
7AA
Grand Rapids, Hibbing, Virginia, Duluith East, Marshall, Denfeld, Hermantown, Cloquet, Northern Lakes.

7A
Intl Falls, Eveleth, Ely, Greenway, Proctor, Moose Lake, North Shore, Proctor, Mora

defense

Post by defense » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:57 pm

This begs an interesting question to me.
If the split never happened, Would the old section 8 have saw such a string of championships by two teams?

Vapor

Post by Vapor » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:37 pm

defense wrote:This begs an interesting question to me.
If the split never happened, Would the old section 8 have saw such a string of championships by two teams?
It wouldn't have changed. Roseau and Moorhead have faired pretty well in the State tournament over the years. The only team that's close is this years EGF team. And they split with the Rams and got beat by Moorhead.

karl(east)

Post by karl(east) » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:43 pm

Vapor wrote:
defense wrote:This begs an interesting question to me.
It wouldn't have changed. Roseau and Moorhead have faired pretty well in the State tournament over the years. The only team that's close is this years EGF team. And they split with the Rams and got beat by Moorhead.
Looking back at PS2 rankings, Warroad would have had a very real shot in 09 and 10, when they had Brock Nelson, and Moorhead and Roseau weren't especially dominant. They were also very, very good in the Oshie years (03-05), though that was also perhaps Moorhead's high point, so breaking through wouldn't have been easy, though it was possible.

defense

Post by defense » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:45 pm

The question is not how they have fared at state. Though I do not doubt Moorhead would have most section titles in that time, an. d roseau would have won their state titles. It could go either yay to me. But I would think Warroad gets a couple and possibly some others.

Ira Bentnee

Post by Ira Bentnee » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:36 am

Elliott you should pass your wisdom on to the MSHSL. Only changes would be to flip flop Northern Lakes with I. Falls. Need to find a place for Fergus Falls and Little Falls in the mix. It is a shame that young programs that need to Co-Op to have a team are put into AA based only on total enrollment when private school programs have the option to play A or opt up to AA. :idea:

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:59 am

Any report on the Brainerd Monticello game?

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:00 am

Roso -buff game?

Where were the roads bad?
South of St. Cloud or north of bemidji?

Or just the cold and wind put the game off?

SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:48 am

Elliott -

Warriors won 4-1

They had a ton of snow & wind up along the border. Said on TV the Baudette / Roseau area had 12" or something. Game was moved to 5:00 today.

We'll see L-jax on Sat.

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:01 am

SPUDNUT wrote:Elliott -

Warriors won 4-1

They had a ton of snow & wind up along the border. Said on TV the Baudette / Roseau area had 12" or something. Game was moved to 5:00 today.

We'll see L-jax on Sat.

Yes, we will be there.

Wish it was a 3 or 4 o'clock game so could be on the road home (celebrating :lol: ) at an early hour.

SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:35 pm

elliott70 wrote:

Warriors won 4-1

We'll see L-jax on Sat.

Yes, we will be there.

Wish it was a 3 or 4 o'clock game so could be on the road home (celebrating :lol: ) at an early hour.

You can still be home by midnite, if the roads are good.

Two of our top four scorers went down last nite, so that'll help 'ya if they don't heal by Sat. If you guys get to celebrate, it might only be a four day thing tho, since they haven't been able to get by the Warriors this yr. You might hafta contaminate the river a little more (shouldn't be hard to do after enough celebrating).

Syd Barrett

Post by Syd Barrett » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:01 pm

SPUDNUT wrote:
elliott70 wrote:

Warriors won 4-1

We'll see L-jax on Sat.

Yes, we will be there.

Two of our top four scorers went down last nite, so that'll help 'ya if they don't heal by Sat. If you guys get to celebrate, it might only be a four day thing tho, since they haven't been able to get by the Warriors this yr. You might hafta contaminate the river a little more (shouldn't be hard to do after enough celebrating).
If Elliott and his buddies are celebrating Saturday Night, I hope they consume mass quanities of Budweiser and Patron before they start peeing in the river =P~

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:12 pm

SPUDNUT wrote:
elliott70 wrote:

Warriors won 4-1

We'll see L-jax on Sat.

Yes, we will be there.

I may be mistaken but did not Roseau just play Brainerd in Brainerd not too long ago to the dismay of the yellow river boys?????

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:13 pm

SPUDNUT wrote:
elliott70 wrote:

Warriors won 4-1

We'll see L-jax on Sat.

Yes, we will be there.

Kinda like to be home at 9 so we can get up at 5am and go snowshoeing.

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:15 pm

Syd Barrett wrote:
SPUDNUT wrote:
elliott70 wrote:

Warriors won 4-1

We'll see L-jax on Sat.

Yes, we will be there.

If Elliott and his buddies are celebrating Saturday Night, I hope they consume mass quanities of Budweiser and Patron before they start peeing in the river =P~

Its a long shot but hopefully the Jacks show up ready to play.

BobSaget

Post by BobSaget » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:22 pm

Question for the 8AA rubes out there.

If Brainerd and Moorhead meet in the section final is there any chance the game gets played in St. Cloud or would they play it in Bemidji again?