8AA seeding

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

hockeyrocks99

Post by hockeyrocks99 »

Roseau loss to Brainerd tonight 4-3 will any of Roseau players leave for juniors now or even forgo their senior year?????
Syd Barrett

Post by Syd Barrett »

elliott70 wrote:
Brainerd always chokes.

Not always :^o

We got 1 more chance :shock:

Hopfeuly the spuds come in over cofident. :-$ Rumor haS

Rumor has it this game will be played in St. Cloud

Elliott you want a foot long /
defense

Post by defense »

Go Brainerd...
like to see a different color in st. Paul
Syd Barrett

Post by Syd Barrett »

hockeyrocks99 wrote:Roseau loss to Brainerd tonight 4-3 will any of Roseau players leave for juniors now or even forgo their senior year?????
They ain't that good :-$ However they did show what kind of class they have while shaking hands at the end of the game. Very uncharacteric of a Roseau team :oops:
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Syd Barrett wrote:
elliott70 wrote:
Brainerd always chokes.

Not always :^o

We got 1 more chance :shock:

Hopfeuly the spuds come in over cofident. :-$ Rumor haS

Rumor has it this game will be played in St. Cloud

Elliott you want a foot long /
Moorhead played very well against Bemidji.
The much better team.
I would like to see brainerd win just to change the landscape, but Moorhead was very impressive, could a been the competition making them look good, but I don't think so....

Anyway I hope it is a good game.
Too far to go on a wed. night, though.
Hockeylogger

Post by Hockeylogger »

Syd

What did Roseau do during the handshake?
Ira Bentnee

Post by Ira Bentnee »

Good game played by the two teams. The Roseau team had as many chances as Brainerd but the Brainerd goalie come up strong. I can say the difference was that Brainerd was better at controlling the puck more in the offensive end by being able to gain ground inside for the second and third shot. Brainerd took away the second and third shots after the initial shotin their end. Talking to one of the locals, he said that going backl to Bantams these two teams have battled it out and some good old competition is the result and that is what Brainerd needs to do is not feel the game is lost because they are playing Roseau or Moorhead. I was also told that Brainerd took it to Moorhead on their home ice for a split in season and this should be a good game by two evenly matched teams again. All around good game, bargain for 8 bucks for a ticket. I would say the hardest thing to figure out was what type of a game the ref crew was trying to establish. You could see that was holding back both teams and frustrating both coaches. Two player stood out, both were defencemen, both are juniors. Roseau #10 and Brainerd #12.
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

Ira Bentnee wrote:Good game played by the two teams. The Roseau team had as many chances as Brainerd but the Brainerd goalie come up strong. I can say the difference was that Brainerd was better at controlling the puck more in the offensive end by being able to gain ground inside for the second and third shot. Brainerd took away the second and third shots after the initial shotin their end. Talking to one of the locals, he said that going backl to Bantams these two teams have battled it out and some good old competition is the result and that is what Brainerd needs to do is not feel the game is lost because they are playing Roseau or Moorhead. I was also told that Brainerd took it to Moorhead on their home ice for a split in season and this should be a good game by two evenly matched teams again. All around good game, bargain for 8 bucks for a ticket. I would say the hardest thing to figure out was what type of a game the ref crew was trying to establish. You could see that was holding back both teams and frustrating both coaches. Two player stood out, both were defencemen, both are juniors. Roseau #10 and Brainerd #12.

The only reason Brainerd, in January, "Took it to Moorhead on their home ice" for the first time in 13 years (21 games) was because half the Spuds had the flu.
Stange24

Post by Stange24 »

SPUDNUT wrote:
Ira Bentnee wrote:Good game played by the two teams. The Roseau team had as many chances as Brainerd but the Brainerd goalie come up strong. I can say the difference was that Brainerd was better at controlling the puck more in the offensive end by being able to gain ground inside for the second and third shot. Brainerd took away the second and third shots after the initial shotin their end. Talking to one of the locals, he said that going backl to Bantams these two teams have battled it out and some good old competition is the result and that is what Brainerd needs to do is not feel the game is lost because they are playing Roseau or Moorhead. I was also told that Brainerd took it to Moorhead on their home ice for a split in season and this should be a good game by two evenly matched teams again. All around good game, bargain for 8 bucks for a ticket. I would say the hardest thing to figure out was what type of a game the ref crew was trying to establish. You could see that was holding back both teams and frustrating both coaches. Two player stood out, both were defencemen, both are juniors. Roseau #10 and Brainerd #12.

The only reason Brainerd, in January, "Took it to Moorhead on their home ice" for the first time in 13 years (21 games) was because half the Spuds had the flu.

Or the fact that they couldnt stay out of the box and Brainerd capitalized on the PP by scoring what was it 6 times on it! :-({|=
UpNorthMom

Post by UpNorthMom »

Hockeyrocks99, the Roseau boys are all planning to come back next year. Close-knit group on and off ice & they've enjoyed success at pee wee and bantam levels. They want to take another run for it at the high school level.

As for the handshake line, that was stupid and no excuses. One of our boys took exception to something, squared off, and was shuffled off. Handshake line resumed although it was discombobulated.

Has been great watching the Rams this year and can't wait for next season.

Best of luck to whoever takes this years Section 8AA title. . . go get 'em!
Mailman

Post by Mailman »

#10 is a senior.
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

Stange24 wrote:
SPUDNUT wrote:

Or the fact that they couldnt stay out of the box and Brainerd capitalized on the PP by scoring what was it 6 times on it! :-({|=

Well duh - they weren't feeling good & were half a step behind the whole time. That's why they were hooking, holding, etc. As a result, they had someone sittin' in the cooler the whole game.
roadtrip

Post by roadtrip »

[quote="SPUDNUT"][quote="Stange24"][quote="SPUDNUT"][quote="Ira Bentnee"]Good game played by the two teams. The Roseau team had as many chances as Brainerd but the Brainerd goalie come up strong. I can say the difference was that Brainerd was better at controlling the puck more in the offensive end by being able to gain ground inside for the second and third shot. Brainerd took away the second and third shots after the initial shotin their end. Talking to one of the locals, he said that going backl to Bantams these two teams have battled it out and some good old competition is the result and that is what Brainerd needs to do is not feel the game is lost because they are playing Roseau or Moorhead. I was also told that Brainerd took it to Moorhead on their home ice for a split in season and this should be a good game by two evenly matched teams again. All around good game, bargain for 8 bucks for a ticket. I would say the hardest thing to figure out was what type of a game the ref crew was trying to establish. You could see that was holding back both teams and frustrating both coaches. Two player stood out, both were defencemen, both are juniors. Roseau #10 and Brainerd #12.[/quote]

The only reason Brainerd, in January, "Took it to Moorhead on their home ice" for the first time in 13 years (21 games) was because half the Spuds had the flu.[/quote]

Or the fact that they couldnt stay out of the box and Brainerd capitalized on the PP by scoring what was it 6 times on it! :-({|=[/quote]

Well duh - they weren't feeling good & were half a step behind the whole time. That's why they were hooking, holding, etc. As a result, they had someone sittin' in the cooler the whole game.[/quote]

According to HH there were 10 Moorhead penalties in that game and only one was for hooking. None were for holding. Most were for roughing, slashing, and unsportsmanlike conduct. I can see how slashes might happen when players are under the weather, but not the rest. Brainerd also had 9 penalties. It wasn't a pretty game for either side.
Ira Bentnee

Post by Ira Bentnee »

My mistake on #10 for Roseau, I'll have to make a note of that, was going on a local source. Can see why his emotions came out at the end. I'm sure this will not be his last competitive game he will play.

Moorhead-
No question on overall record who has had the most success. My sources tell me that the core group for Brainerd, juniors and sophs, changed that on their way up. My sources also tell me that this year was somewhat a surprise for Brainerd being that they lost three seniors who put up the majority of points last year. Also most of who I talked to thought that this year was the year to rebuild with the focus on next year. Looks like next year is here for Brainerd.

Should be a good game, scrambling to revise my schedule to attend.
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

Archie knows what he is doing over in Brainerd. Program is on the rise. Too bad that liberal in Grand Rapids is so afraid to play the blue team would be a good annual home and home series.
Syd Barrett

Post by Syd Barrett »

SPUDNUT wrote:The only reason Brainerd, in January, "Took it to Moorhead on their home ice" for the first time in 13 years (21 games) was because half the Spuds had the flu.
The Spuds better get their flu shots before game time, they're gonna need 'em :-$
bluelinespecial1

Post by bluelinespecial1 »

pulling for brainerd...i want to see fresh faces from from traditionally weak sections for the past 16 years its been roseau or morrhead out of 8AA....would be nice to see Brainerd! now if we can only get STA in a section with hill murray and WBL so its not one of those teams every year also.
MN Pucks75

Post by MN Pucks75 »

Syd Barrett wrote:
hockeyrocks99 wrote:Roseau loss to Brainerd tonight 4-3 will any of Roseau players leave for juniors now or even forgo their senior year?????
They ain't that good :-$ However they did show what kind of class they have while shaking hands at the end of the game. Very uncharacteric of a Roseau team :oops:

Sounds like there were a few "classy" Brainerd fans at the game and during the handshake additional comments were made to a certain player on a personal level.

With that said, not condoning things like either.
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

Syd Barrett wrote:
SPUDNUT wrote:The only reason Brainerd, in January, "Took it to Moorhead on their home ice" for the first time in 13 years (21 games) was because half the Spuds had the flu.
The Spuds better get their flu shots before game time, they're gonna need 'em :-$

They all thank you for the concern, Syd. They're pretty much over the flu, so you don't have to fret. Now they all got one of those rere social diseases from Borneo and are more than willing to share it with the Warriors.
Syd Barrett

Post by Syd Barrett »

SPUDNUT wrote:
Syd Barrett wrote:

They all thank you for the concern, Syd. They're pretty much over the flu, so you don't have to fret. Now they all got one of those rere social diseases from Borneo and are more than willing to share it with the Warriors.
I'm curious Sputnik as to what type of social disease that may have picked up in Borup =D>

As long as the Spuds refrain from checking from behind the Warriors will be just fine :wink:

Should be a heluva game, are you going :?:
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

Syd Barrett wrote:
SPUDNUT wrote:
Syd Barrett wrote: The Spuds better get their flu shots before game time, they're gonna need 'em :-$

I'm curious Sputnik as to what type of social disease that may have picked up in Borup =D>

As long as the Spuds refrain from checking from behind the Warriors will be just fine :wink:

Should be a heluva game, are you going :?:

Dunno what it is - called "lackanookie", or something like that.

Doing WHAT from behind ? Never mind, we don't wanna get kicked outa here.

Yeah, gotta go & enjoy it, 'cause whoever wins won't last long at the "x", I'm afraid !
north_bear

Post by north_bear »

northwoods oldtimer wrote:Archie knows what he is doing over in Brainerd. Program is on the rise. Too bad that liberal in Grand Rapids is so afraid to play the blue team would be a good annual home and home series.
Got any proof of that or just hittin the bowl a little too hard again? Rapids plays teams much stronger than Brainerd every year; so I doubt anyone is ''afraid'' to play them.
Thunderhawk Fanatic!!
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

north_bear wrote:
northwoods oldtimer wrote:Archie knows what he is doing over in Brainerd. Program is on the rise. Too bad that liberal in Grand Rapids is so afraid to play the blue team would be a good annual home and home series.
Got any proof of that or just hittin the bowl a little too hard again? Rapids plays teams much stronger than Brainerd every year; so I doubt anyone is ''afraid'' to play them.
Last edited by northwoods oldtimer on Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stitch Lips

Shhhhhhh .... you're scaring the children

Post by Stitch Lips »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz *poink* ... [yaawwwn] ... my ears are a burnin' ... did I hear somebody mention "The Shady Bunch"? Image
Junior Samples

Don't wake a Sleeping Giant

Post by Junior Samples »

don't open pandora's box - there's not enough sun to take out the "Shade" Image
yahoo serious!