Section 5A

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

HockeyBum wrote:Don't get me wrong last change has an impact but the depth of the HS teams usually don't go as deep as the NHL, Juniors or D1 teams. Also the fact Hermantown will travel 2 1/2 hours on a bus makes a difference, (IMO) just as much, so I was saying, it should equal the two advantages out.

It really comes down to who comes out and plays the best game. Who ever brings their A game will end up winning regardless of the closer to home or last change adtange teams could gain.

Also I agree Heritage Center is not a place for a section final. Especially when you have the Old DECC or the Amsoil that the game could have been played in.
The Amsoil wouldn't work as UMD is playing there that night. I hadn't considered the old DECC, but that would be a fun venue for the 5A final.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
Tenoverpar

w

Post by Tenoverpar »

Can anyone in this section actually touch Hermantown...isn't it time they put on their big boy pants and opt up? Or are we going to see them reserve a block of rooms in St Paul for a few years in March
codemanh

Re: w

Post by codemanh »

Tenoverpar wrote:Can anyone in this section actually touch Hermantown...isn't it time they put on their big boy pants and opt up? Or are we going to see them reserve a block of rooms in St Paul for a few years in March
Well, SCC beat Hermantown during the regular season...
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

codemanh wrote:
Tenoverpar wrote:Can anyone in this section actually touch Hermantown...isn't it time they put on their big boy pants and opt up? Or are we going to see them reserve a block of rooms in St Paul for a few years in March
Well, SCC beat Hermantown during the regular season...
So did Denfeld, Superior and Grand Rapids. Hermantown is a small Class A school so move on.
GPGT

Post by GPGT »

Guess were gonna see them for a few years...... Theres like 500-600 kids at Hermantown , why in the world would they need to opt up?

Ohhh I get it, your one of the guys who thinks because they are good almost every year they need to move up?? Is that how it works? Winning seasons are AA and Losers are in A?

Gotcha :roll:
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

GPGT wrote:
Guess were gonna see them for a few years...... Theres like 500-600 kids at Hermantown , why in the world would they need to opt up?

Ohhh I get it, your one of the guys who thinks because they are good almost every year they need to move up?? Is that how it works? Winning seasons are AA and Losers are in A?

Gotcha :roll:
Hermantown is small even for Class A. The school size could almost double and it would still be a Class A. Also, Hermantown has 1 sheet of inside ice that serves its entire youth and HS programs.
How many AA programs, private schools don't count because as far as I know they don't have a youth program, have only 1 sheet of inside ice that its youth teams also use? Just curious.
Puck76

Post by Puck76 »

Hermantown is small even for Class A. The school size could almost double and it would still be a Class A. Also, Hermantown has 1 sheet of inside ice that serves its entire youth and HS programs.
How many AA programs, private schools don't count because as far as I know they don't have a youth program, have only 1 sheet of inside ice that its youth teams also use? Just curious.[/quote]

MAML for one
Northern Defender

Post by Northern Defender »

Oops. Duluth Marshall 3 SCC 1
truehockeyfan

Post by truehockeyfan »

Northern Defender wrote:Oops. Duluth Marshall 3 SCC 1
Shots were 38 to 23 but a loss is a loss.
GPGT

Post by GPGT »

Gonna go out on a limb here and make a prediction of scc and hermantown meeging in the final.. htown gets 94 shots on goal last night , but scc wins 17-1 against the higher seed.. this is gonna be a great game and wish it was gonna be televised or at least streamed
Looks easy from here

Post by Looks easy from here »

GPGT wrote:Gonna go out on a limb here and make a prediction of scc and hermantown meeging in the final.. htown gets 94 shots on goal last night , but scc wins 17-1 against the higher seed.. this is gonna be a great game and wish it was gonna be televised or at least streamed
the shots where like around 60 94 is a miss print.
Looks easy from here

Looks easy from here wrote:
GPGT wrote:Gonna go out on a limb here and make a prediction of scc and hermantown meeging in the final.. htown gets 94 shots on goal last night , but scc wins 17-1 against the higher seed.. this is gonna be a great game and wish it was gonna be televised or at least streamed
the shots where like around 60 94 is a miss print.[/quote

looks like scc's star was on the ice for 12 of the 17 goals ?In hermantowns game 9 kids scored goals.
BobSaget

Post by BobSaget »

looks like scc's star was on the ice for 12 of the 17 goals ?In hermantowns game 9 kids scored goals.
Cathedral also had 9 different players score goals, for what it's worth.

Additionally, it's never been a secret that Cathedral is top-heavy production-wise...so whatever point you are trying to get across is irrelevant.
GPGT

Post by GPGT »

Either way.. Gonna be a great game, I would like to See Denfeld down there for sure, and IMO whoever comes out of 5A has a really good shot.. Are they top of the food chain like STA, no, but stranger things have happened

( i.e. STA v SSM )
Looks easy from here

BobSaget wrote:

Additionally, it's never been a secret that Cathedral is top-heavy production-wise...so whatever point you are trying to get across is irrelevant.
No big deal but my point is only 6 kids on the team have over 10 points in the reg. season. maybe some of the kids with less points could have played more in this game. and maybe they did I was not at the game.
BobSaget

Post by BobSaget »

BobSaget wrote:

No big deal but my point is only 6 kids on the team have over 10 points in the reg. season. maybe some of the kids with less points could have played more in this game. and maybe they did I was not at the game.
The lower line guys played A LOT last night...this Cathedral team is incredibly top-heavy and will need some of those lower line guys to produce to beat teams like Hermantown. I picked Hermantown to win this section because of that.
GPGT

Post by GPGT »

Is this game online anywhere??

I see Htown is up 1-0
cooperalls4ever

Post by cooperalls4ever »

Hermantown 4 St Cloud Cathedral 1 final.