Wayzata At Edina (2/14/13)

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Wayzata
10%
Edina
80%
Tie
10%

Total votes: 10

green4

Wayzata At Edina (2/14/13)

Post by green4 »

Edina will be looking for the season sweep against Wayzata as both teams have been struggling lately and before sections start this could be a big momentum game to get them back on the right track.

First meeting 3-0 Edina
2nd Metting 5-4 Edina
Sartellcelly

on web

Post by Sartellcelly »

Is this game being livestreamed anywhere? if so, please supply link.

thanks
green4

Re: on web

Post by green4 »

Sartellcelly wrote:Is this game being livestreamed anywhere? if so, please supply link.

thanks
It will be on FSN plus if you have that channel
GopherHockey

Post by GopherHockey »

Edina with the homer refs. Net off? Give me a break guy, you are standing 10ft away. Goalie clearly kicked it off as no Wayzata player was around the net.
stoplookingatme

Post by stoplookingatme »

Gopher you are too funny. Any time a Ref makes a bad call against the visiting team they are homers? How about they just made a bad call.
We all know all Refs love Edina and would do anything to help them win.
I guess your argument could be used for any team then, Eh?
Bottom line- Refs do make bad calls. It is part of any game- wunt ya say?
tonkafan77

Post by tonkafan77 »

Even Loren Nelson's commentary on Hockey Hub questions the frequent net dislodging. Anyone that has ever watched Benjamin play knows that he loves kicking it off whenever he is in trouble. I'm surprised he's never gotten called for it before.
stoplookingatme

It is not the first time I've heard that, and would not dispute it.

As you well know all Goalies are conniving.
They teach that move , Belly-flop pipe kick. It is as standard as the Toe-pull
GTTN

Post by GTTN »

tonkafan77 wrote:Even Loren Nelson's commentary on Hockey Hub questions the frequent net dislodging. Anyone that has ever watched Benjamin play knows that he loves kicking it off whenever he is in trouble. I'm surprised he's never gotten called for it before.
Right on! Its amazing how often you see it at Braemar over the years. Funny how its always the home team.
GopherHockey

Post by GopherHockey »

stoplookingatme wrote:Gopher you are too funny. Any time a Ref makes a bad call against the visiting team they are homers? How about they just made a bad call.
We all know all Refs love Edina and would do anything to help them win.
I guess your argument could be used for any team then, Eh?
Bottom line- Refs do make bad calls. It is part of any game- wunt ya say?
Why wouldn't he blow the whistle before the shot if he saw the net was off? (Which it wasn't) Like I said, there was no player near the net to knock it off. Seems funny that he calls it after the puck is in the back of the net from the same position he was standing before the shot? Terrible call regardless, just so happens the game was at Braemar. :wink:
stoplookingatme

Goph- I hear what your saying. There have been many times when a call was or was not made and you think to yourself, "How could he not see that"
Refs will miss calls, hopefully they don't change the outcome of the game.
Although sometimes they do. The team on the receiving end dodges a bullet.
Or should I say "Fast moving projectile".
Tuuk2score

Post by Tuuk2score »

I believe Edina had a nice GOAL called back in Plymouth 3 weeks ago ???? So I guess It's a wash !!!! And homer Refs ????? Edina didn't have one power play Great game and Great finish !!
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

Who lines up the officials? Giles, or is it the Lake Conference?
Be kind. Rewind.
FREDFLINTSTONE

Post by FREDFLINTSTONE »

O-townClown wrote:Who lines up the officials? Giles, or is it the Lake Conference?
Lake Conference does, but the Honets Alum pays them if they meet certain criteria. :lol:
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Hornet alumni usually are signing their paychecks for their day jobs, so it would only be natural if they signed their checks for the night jobs as well. :wink:
Shinbone_News

Post by Shinbone_News »

stoplookingatme wrote:It is not the first time I've heard that, and would not dispute it.
l
I've been skeptical in the past, but this is like the 6th time people have noticed Benjamin's weird habit of being in close proximity to a dislodged net in heavy pressure situations. Starting to think smoke = fire.

Since the coaches get to approve/reject the refs in the MSHSL (huge flaw in the system, IMO) they probably make sure NOT to select a ref who would finally make this call.

Then again, this probably falls into the same category as clutching jerseys and sticks on the sly. A few weeks ago, STA Defense gave a clinic on anything-you-can-get-away-with cheap tactics against TJ Roo. Like they even needed to in what turned out to be a blowout.