Conference Champions

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

stpaul

Conference Champions

Post by stpaul »

Congratulations to the Conference Champions

Big 9 – Rochester Mayo
Central Lakes – Brainerd
Classic Suburban – Hill-Murray
Granite Ridge – SC Cathedral & Princeton
Iron Range – Grand Rapids
Lake – Minnetonka
Lake Superior – Hermantown & Cloquet-E-C
Mariucci – East Grand Forks & Moorhead
Mid-State – Park Rapids
Mississippi 8 – Buffalo
Missota – New Prague
North Suburban – Totino-Grace
Northwest – Kittson Central
Northwest Suburban – Blaine
South Central – New Ulm
South Suburban – Eagan
Southwest – Luverne & Marshall
Suburban East – Cretin-Derham Hall
Tri-Metro – Breck
Two Rivers – Minneapolis
Wright County – Holy Family Catholic
Big 9 – Rochester Mayo
Central Lakes – Brainerd
Classic Suburban – Hill-Murray
Granite Ridge – SC Cathedral & Princeton
Iron Range – Grand Rapids
Lake – Minnetonka
Lake Superior – Hermantown & Cloquet-E-C
Mariucci – East Grand Forks & Moorhead
Mid-State – Park Rapids
Mississippi 8 – Buffalo
Missota – New Prague
North Suburban – Totino-Grace
Northwest – Kittson Central
Northwest Suburban – Blaine
South Central – New Ulm
South Suburban – Eagan
Southwest – Luverne & Marshall
Suburban East – Cretin-Derham Hall
Tri-Metro – Breck
Two Rivers – Minneapolis
Wright County – Holy Family Catholic
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

Now that's a lofty title, "Conference Champions" - in hockey it means absolutely nothing !
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

SPUDNUT wrote:Now that's a lofty title, "Conference Champions" - in hockey it means absolutely nothing !
Ok MR NEGATIVE... :roll:
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB
HawkyFan9

Post by HawkyFan9 »

It doesnt matter alot but I am pretty sure Cathedral won the Granite Ridge outright
defense

Post by defense »

SPUDNUT wrote:Now that's a lofty title, "Conference Champions" - in hockey it means absolutely nothing !
Specially when your school is largely an independent, and its boys hockey team claims to compete in a conference that really has zero characteristics of a conference.
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

I would guess the players and team that won the conference don't feel that way!
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

mulefarm wrote:
I would guess the players and team that won the conference don't feel that way![/quote

That's the point - we can't have anybody getting their feelings hurt, so nobody finishes in 5th place anymore - they're now the "Consolation Champions" !

I guess that's a little higher ranking than "Conference Champion" (Unless you're the Consolation Champion of the Conference).
East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

Wait, St Thomas didn't win a conference championship again?

I guess that's what happens when you're in the same conference as HM for about 40 of the last 50 seasons.
dlow

Post by dlow »

SPUDNUT wrote:
mulefarm wrote:
I would guess the players and team that won the conference don't feel that way![/quote

That's the point - we can't have anybody getting their feelings hurt, so nobody finishes in 5th place anymore - they're now the "Consolation Champions" !

I guess that's a little higher ranking than "Conference Champion" (Unless you're the Consolation Champion of the Conference).
Yip, they just came up with the consolation championship last year, its totally new, just to give out a trophy, and then they all make a circle at center ice and share feeling and such.

...it is funny how some of you guys try to portray things as new or something, get over it. A conference championship is an accomplishment, no one ever said it was a super bowl championship.
thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 »

East Side Pioneer Guy wrote:Wait, St Thomas didn't win a conference championship again?

I guess that's what happens when you're in the same conference as HM for about 40 of the last 50 seasons.
*shakes fist*

Damn you Tartan!
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

dlow wrote:
SPUDNUT wrote:
mulefarm wrote: I would guess the players and team that won the conference don't feel that way![/quote

Yip, they just came up with the consolation championship last year, its totally new, just to give out a trophy, and then they all make a circle at center ice and share feeling and such.

...it is funny how some of you guys try to portray things as new or something, get over it. A conference championship is an accomplishment, no one ever said it was a super bowl championship.

Got news for 'ya - you may have first heard of the "Consolation Championship" last year, but it's been around a lot longer than that.

In any case, if you're playing for a consolation, you've already missed out on a championship !