7AA Semifinal: #4 Cloquet vs. #1 Duluth East

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

And the winner is...

Cloquet
34%
East
66%

Total votes: 47

north_bear

Post by north_bear » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:27 pm

The size of the Amsoil and where they placed the opposing student sections really screwed getting much of an atmosphere going, and poor play from CEC. It looked like there were a fair amount of open seats but that was a little diluted from all the people sitting in the upper bowl. I think Rapids' students had the loudest and one of the few chants for CEC, "We want Cloquet!" I was disappointed at Cloquet's play, they seemed like they were playing depressed, especially later in the game when they needed energy and a spark the most. The too many men penalty during their PP was a killer.
Thunderhawk Fanatic!!

mnmouth

Post by mnmouth » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:31 am

Cloquet had the best student representation at Amsoil on Saturday. Not only for their game against East but a good percentage of them stayed for the GR-ER game. Rapids easily had the best overall fan representation - not surprising as they have always traveled really well. The East student section was embarrassingly small, whether they were on break or not. Do East kids leave town en masse during break??? And the fact that not one school brought a band, not even a pep band, was truly sad. It makes one wonder if Amsoil or MSHSL officials are telling them to stay home.

Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:36 pm

Loved seeing the pictures of the old rink, the Bulldog logo and cheerleaders. If a school doesn't bring the band to sectional semis/finals, let them stay back and in school if the team makes it to the Excel. Why pay for the buses and hotels. In the good ol' days rinks were packed for the semis and finals. Atmosphere in these settings was better than the primarily impartial season ticket holding crowds in St. Paul.

north_bear

Post by north_bear » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:29 pm

Rapids will have its band there on Thurs. I recall someone saying on here that it was against school policy for, I think Rapids' band, to go to semifinal games, which is pretty bogus if you ask me.
Thunderhawk Fanatic!!

allstatebenders

Post by allstatebenders » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:41 pm

mnmouth wrote:Cloquet had the best student representation at Amsoil on Saturday. Not only for their game against East but a good percentage of them stayed for the GR-ER game. Rapids easily had the best overall fan representation - not surprising as they have always traveled really well. The East student section was embarrassingly small, whether they were on break or not. Do East kids leave town en masse during break??? And the fact that not one school brought a band, not even a pep band, was truly sad. It makes one wonder if Amsoil or MSHSL officials are telling them to stay home.
Lots of East kids do leave during break. And a lot are in basketball for both sexes, and are in lots of activities.

allstatebenders

Post by allstatebenders » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:47 pm

And Easts activities director and teachers are making it impossible for them to make any chants that are disrespectful to the other team, saying that they will be kicked out of mshsl games for the rest of the season if they say something disrespectfu because of what happened at the game at Cloquet.

D3Referee

Post by D3Referee » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:53 pm

allstatebenders wrote:
mnmouth wrote:Cloquet had the best student representation at Amsoil on Saturday. Not only for their game against East but a good percentage of them stayed for the GR-ER game. Rapids easily had the best overall fan representation - not surprising as they have always traveled really well. The East student section was embarrassingly small, whether they were on break or not. Do East kids leave town en masse during break??? And the fact that not one school brought a band, not even a pep band, was truly sad. It makes one wonder if Amsoil or MSHSL officials are telling them to stay home.
Lots of East kids do leave during break. And a lot are in basketball for both sexes, and are in lots of activities.
allstatebenders wrote:And Easts activities director and teachers are making it impossible for them to make any chants that are disrespectful to the other team, saying that they will be kicked out of mshsl games for the rest of the season if they say something disrespectfu because of what happened at the game at Cloquet.
The posts from these last few weeks have been making me shake my head. Another dumb topic. Cloquet had the best student representation. Move on. \:D/ \:D/

allstatebenders

Post by allstatebenders » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:04 pm

D3Referee wrote:
allstatebenders wrote:
allstatebenders wrote:And Easts activities director and teachers are making it impossible for them to make any chants that are disrespectful to the other team, saying that they will be kicked out of mshsl games for the rest of the season if they say something disrespectfu because of what happened at the game at Cloquet.
The posts from these last few weeks have been making me shake my head. Another dumb topic. Cloquet had the best student representation. Move on. \:D/ \:D/
didn't hear one cheer from the Cloquet side but whatever you say buddy! And thanks for showing your maturity by imitating me.