GONE TO JUNIORS

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Tenoverpar

GONE TO JUNIORS

Post by Tenoverpar » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:28 am

Every year as we hit the state tournament and teams are eliminated, some kids are given the opputunity to jump to play the last stretch of the Junior Hockey season/playoffs or maybe they already left after christmas

Who is leaving/has left and where are they?

(ex.)
JAKE CASS, Stillwater, USHL-Indiana Ice

observer

Post by observer » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:32 am

Why would a 96 player (Cass) leave before his HS season is over?

Tenoverpar

f

Post by Tenoverpar » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:08 am

million dollar question Observer...

The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:50 am

observer wrote:Why would a 96 player (Cass) leave before his HS season is over?
I don't know anything about the situation, but for those trying to follow along, it looks like junior defenseman Cass's last game was 1/5 (12th game of the season). His first game in the USHL was 1/13.

FWIW, Indiana is having a terrible season and it looks like they're trying to bring in a lot of youth to prepare for next year.

slyer

Post by slyer » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:47 am

so we can talk about it , stay with your team for the whole season are you kidding me , i'm to good

InYourFace09

Post by InYourFace09 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:25 pm

The Exiled One wrote:
observer wrote:Why would a 96 player (Cass) leave before his HS season is over?
I don't know anything about the situation, but for those trying to follow along, it looks like junior defenseman Cass's last game was 1/5 (12th game of the season). His first game in the USHL was 1/13.

FWIW, Indiana is having a terrible season and it looks like they're trying to bring in a lot of youth to prepare for next year.
Looks like he left ship when Hausley was gone with the USA. What a time to leave, wonder if Hausley found out when he got back??

Tenoverpar

a

Post by Tenoverpar » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:05 pm

This wasn't intended to be a CASS bash thread...just a place to list kids that have left recently or are leaving after they are elinated in the next week or so. I'm just aware that he left and where he is...

D3Referee

Post by D3Referee » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:19 pm

Looks like former SLP varsity and former Benilde varsity freshman Alec Baer is set to make his WHL debut with Vancouver this Friday, according to his Twitter page and retweeted by the Vancouver Giants
"See ya in another life brother"

Sartellcelly

jrs

Post by Sartellcelly » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:04 pm

Heard Vanelli heading to his USHL team or maybe Ann Arbor U18 team. Anyone have firm info?

meridian90

Re: GONE TO JUNIORS

Post by meridian90 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:09 pm

Tenoverpar wrote:Every year as we hit the state tournament and teams are eliminated, some kids are given the opputunity to jump to play the last stretch of the Junior Hockey season/playoffs or maybe they already left after christmas

(ex.)
I have heard through some people that Jake Wahlin will be heading to Iowa after this season is through for the USHL.

Huge bummer if true, I hope the best for the kid, but that's a big blow to HS hockey, and I don't quite see the need to head there so early with a scholarship already.

Going to miss watching him skate if he goes. Easily most talented scorer at WB since Bonin. No offense to several real solid players that have played since.

D3Referee

Post by D3Referee » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:28 pm

Nice article on Baer and his WHL debut featured on HockeyHub

http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/news_article ... r_id=32770

north_bear

Re: GONE TO JUNIORS

Post by north_bear » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:55 am

meridian90 wrote:
Tenoverpar wrote:Every year as we hit the state tournament and teams are eliminated, some kids are given the opputunity to jump to play the last stretch of the Junior Hockey season/playoffs or maybe they already left after christmas

(ex.)
I have heard through some people that Jake Wahlin will be heading to Iowa after this season is through for the USHL.

Huge bummer if true, I hope the best for the kid, but that's a big blow to HS hockey, and I don't quite see the need to head there so early with a scholarship already.

Going to miss watching him skate if he goes. Easily most talented scorer at WB since Bonin. No offense to several real solid players that have played since.
Some kids play for their USHL team after the high school season is over, join them again in early fall then come back to play with their high school team.
Thunderhawk Fanatic!!

artifactually153

Post by artifactually153 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:05 am

I heard Kuhlman has left Cloquet yesterday. No true confirmation but with the turmoil surrounding the program right now, it seems like a fairly good idea.

mnmouth

Post by mnmouth » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:34 am

artifactually153 wrote:I heard Kuhlman has left Cloquet yesterday. No true confirmation but with the turmoil surrounding the program right now, it seems like a fairly good idea.
Kuhlman actually left Esko yesterday and Lumberjack hockey.

Tenoverpar

f

Post by Tenoverpar » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:49 am

I think you're right on Wahlin...he doesn't need to go anywhere, he could take the Besse route and take a run at Mr Hockey, be a statistical beast over 4 years and possibly lead Da' Bears to the X a few times while playing before and after for his USHL team, play 1 year of USHL in 2015 then hit UMASS in 16'. Whichever route he takes who cares, just root for the kid and hope he does well even if we all dislike White Bear just slightly less than we dislike the Eastside All Stars.

mnpuckster

Post by mnpuckster » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:57 am

Good luck to Wahlin with whatever he does. I would like to see him bring The Bears to the Xcel over the next two years, but I dont see anyone on his own team being able to push him, and make him a better player. So it may be his best route. Good luck, and you were great to watch.

Beat Hill and join your brother in WBL immortality.

D3Referee

Post by D3Referee » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:32 pm

mnpuckster wrote:Good luck to Wahlin with whatever he does.
Ironically, Wahlin's WHL rights are owned by the same team (Vancouver Giants) that Baer is suiting up for this Friday. I could be wrong on this, but I think the guy named in the Hub article as Baers advisor is also Wahlins advisor. Could we see both Baer and Wahlin in the Giants lineup this Friday in the WHL, and if we do, do you stand by your sentiment? Good luck to Wahlin with whatever he does

mnpuckster

Post by mnpuckster » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:21 pm

D3ref-
I figured you would be all over this.
I really dont think the two scenarios are the same. Wahlin wasnt leaving or flirting MIDSEASON. With the "other" kid, the same cant be said

Wahlin did it the right way, finish the season with your squad, and then go do whatever is the best fit for you.

Again, I dont think this is an apples to apples comparison.

Good luck to both of em though, especially Wahlin, the kid was a pleasure to watch
Last edited by mnpuckster on Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

evegoe

Post by evegoe » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:37 pm

mnpuckster wrote:D3ref-
I figured you would be all over this.
I really dont think the two scenarios are the same. Wahlin wasnt leaving or flirting MIDSEASON. With the "other" kid, the same cant be said.
If you are stick sticking with that he just happened to be sightseeing in B.C. ok, but I am certainly not buying it.
The kid had a chance to go meet Joe Sakic and take in a game during a weekend in Vancouver--the minute Pauly kicked him off the team for the visit he basically handed him the pen to sign away his HS/NCAA eligibility. Sure he was 'flirting' with eventually signing with Vancouver, but he couldn't even leave for the WHL until he turned 16.

Can we get back to using this thread to talk about kids who have signed on with USHL or NAHL teams for the rest of the season? If you want to talk major junior, MinnHockey, etc... there are other threads.

By the way, anyone have an update on what happened to Lance Carney from WBL who was with Wenatchee Wild in December at least.

Bruins

Post by Bruins » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:56 pm

I still cant believe some of these touchy feely Minnesota wimps are so bent out of shape about a visit to Vancouver. He was kicked off the team, he didnt leave. By the way, elite players leave to for the challenge. Thats what elite players do. Minnesota seems to only have one mold for hockey players:
1. play association hockey (never AAA)
2. play high school hockey (never AAA)
3. junior hockey hockey AFTER senior year
4. college hockey (never major junior), dont want to miss out on this,
you know the only reason they go is for the education (barf!)

Step out of line and you are squashed. Dare you try to be better.

pipersniper12

Post by pipersniper12 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:18 pm

Bischoff will be heading to Omaha after the high school season comes to an end. Is there any other 7AA players headed to juniors.
Hunt|Fish|Hockey

karl(east)

Post by karl(east) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:28 pm

pipersniper12 wrote:Bischoff will be heading to Omaha after the high school season comes to an end. Is there any other 7AA players headed to juniors.
Kuhlman was reported to be going on another thread, though it didn't specify whether he's doing a before-and-after deal, or if this means he's going away for his senior year. He'd previously said (to the DNT) that he'd be back at CEC as a senior...is this still true, Cloquet people?

pipersniper12

Post by pipersniper12 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:33 pm

karl(east) wrote:
pipersniper12 wrote:Bischoff will be heading to Omaha after the high school season comes to an end. Is there any other 7AA players headed to juniors.
Kuhlman was reported to be going on another thread, though it didn't specify whether he's doing a before-and-after deal, or if this means he's going away for his senior year. He'd previously said (to the DNT) that he'd be back at CEC as a senior...is this still true, Cloquet people?
Meirs Moore is heading to Sioux City Friday morning. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt|Fish|Hockey

herbst20

Post by herbst20 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:50 pm

karl(east) wrote:

I am a big follower of the USHL. Kuhlman is believed to be done in Minnesota hockey. Dubuque added him to their 23 man roster prior to the deadline this year waiting for him to wind up his HS season.

artifactually153

Post by artifactually153 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:32 am

mnmouth wrote:
artifactually153 wrote:I heard Kuhlman has left Cloquet yesterday. No true confirmation but with the turmoil surrounding the program right now, it seems like a fairly good idea.
Kuhlman actually left Esko yesterday and Lumberjack hockey.
Sorry, Dr. Oz...