2AA/6AA Semifinal game times/locations

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

gitter

2AA/6AA Semifinal game times/locations

Post by gitter »

I called the rinks this morning and verified:

Braemar:

12:00 Edina/Jefferson
4:00 Prior Lake/Burnsville

BIG:

3:30 BSM/EP
7:30 Wayzata/Tonka
C-dad

Post by C-dad »

So Tonka boys will be playing a big semi-final at the same time the Tonka girls will likely be playing the State final. Kinda sucks for them.
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

There really is no reason they couldn't have Tonka play in any of the earlier time slots at either arena. The only game that has to happen is Edina vs. Jefferson at Braemar, but it could be played in either time slot. The 2AA & 6AA games used to be split amongst venues (i.e.: 2009, Jefferson played Burnsville in early game at Braemar, Edina played Holy Angels in early game at BIG).

Only one I really think should have been done is either the BSM-EP or Tonka-Wayzata games should have been at Braemar because those will probably have bigger crowds than PL-B'Ville.
C-dad

Post by C-dad »

Doc Holliday wrote:There really is no reason they couldn't have Tonka play in any of the earlier time slots at either arena. The only game that has to happen is Edina vs. Jefferson at Braemar, but it could be played in either time slot. The 2AA & 6AA games used to be split amongst venues (i.e.: 2009, Jefferson played Burnsville in early game at Braemar, Edina played Holy Angels in early game at BIG).

Only one I really think should have been done is either the BSM-EP or Tonka-Wayzata games should have been at Braemar because those will probably have bigger crowds than PL-B'Ville.
Or just swap the two games at BIG. It'd be a race from BIG to the X for the Tonka folks, but better than a direct conflict.
OnFrozenPond

Post by OnFrozenPond »

C-dad wrote:
Doc Holliday wrote:There really is no reason they couldn't have Tonka play in any of the earlier time slots at either arena. The only game that has to happen is Edina vs. Jefferson at Braemar, but it could be played in either time slot. The 2AA & 6AA games used to be split amongst venues (i.e.: 2009, Jefferson played Burnsville in early game at Braemar, Edina played Holy Angels in early game at BIG).

Or just swap the two games at BIG. It'd be a race from BIG to the X for the Tonka folks, but better than a direct conflict.
Last time I checked, the EP girls are still playing. Swapping the games would solve one problem by creating another.
FREDFLINTSTONE

Post by FREDFLINTSTONE »

They could change the Prior Lake/Burnsville to Big at 7:30 and move the tonka/Wayzata game to Braemar at 4
demongoed

Post by demongoed »

I don't understand why the high school league wouldn't schedule the section games to avoid the conflict for both schools if possible, and it is. What is the problem here? Isn't one of their goals to encourage participatiion for all students?
Task Force 34

Post by Task Force 34 »

Anyone know if tickets for the Edina / Jefferson game are being sold in advance and if so where? Thanks-
tonkafan77

Post by tonkafan77 »

This situation really stinks for Tonka fans. Instead of two full student/fan sections, the community is going to need to choose which game to go to. The best case scenario would be to switch the Prior Lake/Bville game with the Tonka/Wayzata game. That way, both EP and Tonka will be able to see both their guys an girls' games.
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

I think you kind of want to stagger each section so one is early & one is late, allowing for coaches to scout. I'm sure Urick & Smith want the girls programs to have a good following, but they're probably more concerned with what the other 6AA semi is doing, rightfully so.

But with that, you could have definitely done one of the 6AA games the 12PM game at Braemar & the other the 3:30 game at BIG and have the Edina-Jefferson game be the 4:00 Braemar one & PL-B'Ville the 7:30 BIG game.

This is when school administrators need to throw in their two cents. I'm guessing Grant was too busy working out the two deeps for 2014-15 though. :D
FREDFLINTSTONE

Post by FREDFLINTSTONE »

Doc Holliday wrote:I think you kind of want to stagger each section so one is early & one is late, allowing for coaches to scout. I'm sure Urick & Smith want the girls programs to have a good following, but they're probably more concerned with what the other 6AA semi is doing, rightfully so.

But with that, you could have definitely done one of the 6AA games the 12PM game at Braemar & the other the 3:30 game at BIG and have the Edina-Jefferson game be the 4:00 Braemar one & PL-B'Ville the 7:30 BIG game.

This is when school administrators need to throw in their two cents. I'm guessing Grant was too busy working out the two deeps for 2014-15 though. :D
+

I think Grant was reviewing the video of the student section at last nights game to make sure the students were all behaving properly.....
C-dad

Post by C-dad »

OnFrozenPond wrote:
C-dad wrote:

Last time I checked, the EP girls are still playing. Swapping the games would solve one problem by creating another.
Opps, I missed that. :oops: Good point.
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

C-dad wrote:So Tonka boys will be playing a big semi-final at the same time the Tonka girls will likely be playing the State final. Kinda sucks for them.
I know you put likely, but they need to win the semi's first.
In 2005 AHA girls were playing in the state championship as AHA boys were winning their semi final at Braemar.
celly93

Post by celly93 »

Is there any chance this was due to Prep45's coverage? I heard the plan was to show the 6AA semis. Might not have wanted to switch arenas.
eagles137

Post by eagles137 »

FREDFLINTSTONE wrote:
Doc Holliday wrote:I think you kind of want to stagger each section so one is early & one is late, allowing for coaches to scout. I'm sure Urick & Smith want the girls programs to have a good following, but they're probably more concerned with what the other 6AA semi is doing, rightfully so.

+

I think Grant was reviewing the video of the student section at last nights
game to make sure the students were all behaving properly.....

Where they being bad?
FREDFLINTSTONE

Post by FREDFLINTSTONE »

No....they're not allowed to be bad.....Grant and the Bleacher Nazi will throw their ass out.
eagles137

Post by eagles137 »

FREDFLINTSTONE wrote:No....they're not allowed to be bad.....Grant and the Bleacher Nazi will throw their ass out.
Best quote of all time. Couldn't be more on point.
TooManyEagles

Post by TooManyEagles »

Prep 45 is saying in their coverage that Wayzata/Tonka is the second game at Braemar now.
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

TooManyEagles wrote:Prep 45 is saying in their coverage that Wayzata/Tonka is the second game at Braemar now.
I thought this game was at 7 tonight at BIG?
knowitall

Post by knowitall »

Wayzata / tonka still on for 7:30 at BIG