6AA Final: #1 Benilde vs. #3 Wayzata

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

6AA Final: #1 Benilde vs. #3 Wayzata

Poll ended at Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:07 am

Benilde
44%
Wayzata
56%

Total votes: 55

iwatchalotofhockey

Broadcast feed on prep45.com

Post by iwatchalotofhockey »

Please let those who cannot attend live at mariucci we will be producing the games for prep45.com

Pete and bart on the call. Me (Sid) will have the live stats highlights going as well.

www.Prep45.com
nahlscout99

Post by nahlscout99 »

[quote="MHL All-Star"]Totally agree with you there Celly93. I also think whats funny is when Wayzata beat BSM, they didn't have Chandler Lindstrand playing (probably their best defensemen). But when they did have him playing they lost. I understand Vaughn was playing, but he is going to be an outstanding goalie in the future. Its a weird game![/quote]

Lindstrand is not there best defensemen. Stevens and Hemenway are
the top 2 and Olson and Zitzlesperger are next 2.

Wayzata should win because they have more depth unless Besse
scores 5 again
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

nahlscout99 wrote:Wayzata should win because they have more depth unless Besse scores 5 again
He didn't score any of their 5 goals when they beat Eden Prairie.
Metrohockeyfan

Post by Metrohockeyfan »

In my opinion, the section final was played at 3:30 at BIG on Saturday. I'll take BSM 5-2.
Wildcats hockey

Post by Wildcats hockey »

It'll be close but I think BSM will win....they did it last year and have a hungry group of seniors who know what it takes and wayzata is going to be in for a long day trying to keep a handle on besse, moore! Labosky , and naas on that Olympic ice sheet
Love the tourney, Fear the Joyce
gitter

Post by gitter »

I thought Benilde would be due for an upset in 6AA, but I don't think Wayzata is going to be that team.

BSM 4
Wayzata 3
Tenoverpar

w

Post by Tenoverpar »

How many BSM players grew up in the Wayzata system?...time for the kids you grew up with to send you packing WAYZATA 6-5 in a goalfest!
minnscout

Post by minnscout »

2 players from Benilde played for Wayzata Youth hockey Besse and Fleming
MHL All-Star

Post by MHL All-Star »

Nate Meyer also played Wayzata hockey, but none of these 3 actually went to a wayzata public school.
celly93

Post by celly93 »

MHL All-Star wrote:Nate Meyer also played Wayzata hockey, but none of these 3 actually went to a wayzata public school.
But by the rules of this forum, they are still traitors who left after being recruited away.
MHL All-Star

Post by MHL All-Star »

Funny because Nate Meyer and Evan Fleming have been going to BSM since 7th grade. They were actually B1 players believe it or not. Besse's brother was already at BSM before him. Didn't want to play A hockey and Wayzata wouldn't let him play varsity as a freshmen. Say all you want about these 3 being recruited I could care less...
Ogie

Post by Ogie »

Though I've seen both teams and have no shortage of opinions, I got nothing on this one.

Winning margin by either contestant, one goal (barring an empty-netter), maybe even OT.

Can't wait for tomorrow night. :)
Buy ya a soda after the game!
Ogie

Post by Ogie »

celly93 wrote:
MHL All-Star wrote:Nate Meyer also played Wayzata hockey, but none of these 3 actually went to a wayzata public school.
But by the rules of this forum, they are still traitors who left after being recruited away.
Well, by the opinion(s) of certain whiny-pantses around here, anyways...But let's just leave that for the particular thread on the subject. ;)
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Ogie wrote:
celly93 wrote:
Well, by the opinion(s) of certain whiny-pantses around here, anyways...But let's just leave that for the particular thread on the subject. ;)
Ogie, keep your irritation with a certain Hibbing fan on the topic where you two are sniping back and forth. You're both at fault there.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
Ogie

Post by Ogie »

Aye-aye! Image
iwatchalotofhockey

Deep Breath

Post by Deep Breath »

Red Knights 5-2.
The51

Post by The51 »

I really liked what I saw out of Wayzata last Saturday at BIG and I think they will continue that play tonight... 5-4 in overtime
ticktacktonka

Post by ticktacktonka »

I was at the Minnetonka/Wayzata game on Saturday. Minnetonka dominated the game almost all three periods. Some factors for their loss:

Dingmann played out of his head.

The first Wayzata shot on net went in....Goalie nerves?

A Minnetonka goal was waved off due to a whistle. Those sitting by me thought the goal was scored before the whistle...this goal would have tied the game at 2-2. Could have changed some momentum towards Minnetonka who were getting frustrated with Dingmann.

Wayzata had a hard time breaking the puck out of their zone. This will be even tougher on a big sheet of ice.

Minnetonka was the better team hands down. I'm going with Benilde if both goalies can maintain their composure. All else being equal Benilde will out shoot them 3 to 1 and win a 5-3 or 5-2 game. Can't discount the experience of BSM's top forward line of Seniors and a couple returning defensemen(Pat Graham, Hickok)
Greeny

Post by Greeny »

Just my two cents:

I think something that's been overlooked is Sprang. He is an average goalie who has flashes of brilliance, but more often than not will let in a weak goal. Dingman is a far superior goaltender who, coupled with Wayzata's shot blocking abilities, will be able to withstand even the superstar line of BSM. I was at the Wayzata/Edina game at Braemar, and the Hornets had a really hard time getting quality shots from the middle of the ice because Wayzata stacks the middle so well. A lot of BSM's shots will probably end up coming from poor angles.

On the topic of Besse/Lobosky/Moore/Naas, at the BSM/EP section final game, it seemed to me that the only time BSM ever had any pressure on EP was when that line was on the ice. For the remaining 3 lines, EP was able to put up ample pressure on BSM's average defense. Now I'm not saying that Wayzata doesn't have a good offense, but EP's top line is probably better than Wayzata's, so it'll be interesting to see whether Wayzata can garner as much offense as EP did.

Regardless, this should be a great game, and will have a profound effect on the seeding. If BSM wins, they'll probably lock up a 2 seed, but if Wayzata wins, they could possibly squeak out a 5th seed, depending on whether Edina and Eagan have good wins. Or, if one of those two loses, they'll get a seed. Wow, so many options! Can't wait for 6pm to roll around.
The51

Post by The51 »

ticktacktonka wrote:I was at the Minnetonka/Wayzata game on Saturday. Minnetonka dominated the game almost all three periods. Some factors for their loss:

Dingmann played out of his head.

The first Wayzata shot on net went in....Goalie nerves?

A Minnetonka goal was waved off due to a whistle. Those sitting by me thought the goal was scored before the whistle...this goal would have tied the game at 2-2. Could have changed some momentum towards Minnetonka who were getting frustrated with Dingmann.

Wayzata had a hard time breaking the puck out of their zone. This will be even tougher on a big sheet of ice.

Minnetonka was the better team hands down. I'm going with Benilde if both goalies can maintain their composure. All else being equal Benilde will out shoot them 3 to 1 and win a 5-3 or 5-2 game. Can't discount the experience of BSM's top forward line of Seniors and a couple returning defensemen(Pat Graham, Hickok)
I was behind the net for that Tonka goal that was called off, and it was definitely in before the whistle blew, and yes because that would have made it 2-2 maybe there could have been some momentum shift. However, to say that Minnetonka out played Wayzata the entire game is simply false. Wayzata looked like the better team, although not by much. The difference in the game to me was that Wayzata's shots seemed to hit the right spots while Tonka's did not.
iwatchalotofhockey

Highlgihts click below

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Great game by Wayzata. Dingmann played great!

Pat O'leary=Coach of the year.
GOPHERFAN119

Post by GOPHERFAN119 »

Way to go Trojans !!!!

Red Knights are thinking Spring Break and getting the golf clubs out of the closet.

Digmann, you played a great game.

Best of luck to the Trojans in the State Tournament.

Awesome season.
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

GOPHERFAN119 wrote:Way to go Trojans !!!!

Red Knights are thinking Spring Break and getting the golf clubs out of the closet.

Digmann, you played a great game.

Best of luck to the Trojans in the State Tournament.

Awesome season.
Great game, Wayzata much better than BSM. Too bad for BSM and all the quality players but at least we do not need to hear from Pauly for a year...
Besse one point short from Mayasich record. Class act and great player.