Section 3AA final: #1 Eagan vs. #3 Eastview 2/28

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

you know the drill

Poll ended at Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:46 pm

Eagan
55%
Eastview
45%

Total votes: 38

BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

Tip of my cap to Eagan. I know the feeling of losing in the section finals, especially when you have such high expectations. Just makes you sick to your stomach. They can hold their heads high and good luck to Eastview at State. To the Eagan posters on this forum, probably the classiest of all.

Eastview is a scary team and Driscoll is only a Soph. Playing with a ton of poise
Tenoverpar

e

Post by Tenoverpar »

Eastview over Eagan is exactly what the entire High School tournament is about...I had an Eagan/Edina final picked so much for that. In a state that goalies don't get half the credit they deserve, I'm rooting for the Driscoll kid at the X...
Whopper2

Post by Whopper2 »

games are won and lost by mistakes and eagans defence had a bad day .number 5 was a one man wrecking crew.Number 18 for eastview had a great game kicking butt on eagans 16 and 27.That was the difference in the game.
D3Referee

Post by D3Referee »

Whopper2 wrote: Number 18 for eastview had a great game kicking butt on eagans 16 and 27.That was the difference in the game.
Thanks for the tunnel-vision recap Mr. Meuhlbauer. I guess it's true what they, the sun does shine of every dogs ...

Perhaps you should try being as gracious in victory as the Wildcat fans are in defeat :idea:
"See ya in another life brother"
TheJet

Post by TheJet »

edgeless2 wrote:Well done Eastview!! Something in the water out there? In the past 12 months they have had quite the run in athletics. Lax, soccer, baseball titles. Great football season and now this. Congrats!

Time to move - get your kids to start drinking the water over here while they r young and before it's to late.
almostashappy

Post by almostashappy »

TheJet wrote:
edgeless2 wrote:Well done Eastview!! Something in the water out there? In the past 12 months they have had quite the run in athletics. Lax, soccer, baseball titles. Great football season and now this. Congrats!

Time to move - get your kids to start drinking the water over here while they r young and before it's to late.
Hey Jet...which municipal water supply are you tapping? Might also help to provide directions to the City of Eastview. :wink:
TheJet

Post by TheJet »

D3Referee wrote:
Whopper2 wrote: Number 18 for eastview had a great game kicking butt on eagans 16 and 27.That was the difference in the game.
Thanks for the tunnel-vision recap Mr. Meuhlbauer. I guess it's true what they, the sun does shine of every dogs ...

Perhaps you should try being as gracious in victory as the Wildcat fans are in defeat :idea:

All is good now for all Wildcat fans because some are being gracious in defeat? Hard to swallow posts (by some not all) calling a team "horrible" - a pretty personal comment IMO. Hopefully some of the experts learned something about hockey. Great goaltending and even better TEAM play.
Listen2me

Eagan vs. Eastview

Post by Listen2me »

As I said a year ago "Eagan bores me this time of year." Learn how to coach, with all the talent they have had it must be disappointing for the community.
koolio

Post by koolio »

barry_mcconnell wrote:And then Eagan entered a period that would become known as "the dark years". Run is over.
Eagan has 10+ underclassmen returning so they should be fairly competitive for at least one more year (no site of their youth teams on the hockey radar/rankings = glory days have come and gone). Apple Valley will compete too as they have lots of young guys returning. Eastview (congrats Lightning), Cretin and STAA (if they are sent to 3AA) should be among the section’s strongest next year. The growth and upswing of programs is moving to the south with the success of youth teams at Eastview, Rosemount (though far too many kids are leaving), Farmington and Prior Lake which will soon leapfrog Burnsville and Jefferson as a power to reckon with in the SSC and 2AA. Times are changing in community and high school hockey circles.
Ogie

Re: Eagan vs. Eastview

Post by Ogie »

Listen2me wrote:As I said a year ago "Eagan bores me this time of year." Learn how to coach, with all the talent they have had it must be disappointing for the community.
"Boring" is certainly a word I would apply to last night's effort.

Though Eastview definitely showed up with a game plan and worked it, lesrt we forget the torrid performance of Driscoll, Eagan looked like they didn't have any spunk.
Buy ya a soda after the game!
Logiiii

Post by Logiiii »

koolio wrote:
barry_mcconnell wrote:And then Eagan entered a period that would become known as "the dark years". Run is over.
Eagan has 10+ underclassmen returning so they should be fairly competitive for at least one more year (no site of their youth teams on the hockey radar/rankings = glory days have come and gone). Apple Valley will compete too as they have lots of young guys returning. Eastview (congrats Lightning), Cretin and STAA (if they are sent to 3AA) should be among the section’s strongest next year. The growth and upswing of programs is moving to the south with the success of youth teams at Eastview, Rosemount (though far too many kids are leaving), Farmington and Prior Lake which will soon leapfrog Burnsville and Jefferson as a power to reckon with in the SSC and 2AA. Times are changing in community and high school hockey circles.
Eagan only has a chance next year if Gabrielle stays, and Lindgren gets better. Eagan has nothing in the tank after this year, and if St. Thomas gets put in 3AA, they won't be seeing state until there becomes a private school tournament, or Eagan gets put in another section.

Also, as for the game, Eagan came out flat, and stayed flat until the last few minutes of the game, as if they knew they were better than Eastview and was waiting for Eastview to realize it and give up.