Stefano out as Maple Grove Coach

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

westsidestory

Post by westsidestory »

Thanks mulefarm. I stand corrected. The OMGHA Board did remove their no-confidence motion at the last minute before their meeting. Regarding being 100% sure that Coach Stefano covered up the incident, as I stated, it is "my understanding," based on hearing that claim from multiple independent sources. So, you are free to disregard that assertion, if you wish.
Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 »

Westsidestory...

I think you should get your facts straight before you go off assuming things. There never was a vote of no confidence by the youth board. However, there was ONE board member that was really out to get Stefano removed. Why do you think that is? Hmmm...I wonder if it has anything to do with his kid. No! It couldnt be that!

With that said some people dont understand how suspensions work. So, why comment?

Chain of command...Coach, AD, Principal, Superintendant. The suspensions came from the high school. Not the coach!!! Typically if a school suspends the player a coach will not tack on extra days, because that opens him/her up to criticism. In this case the suspensions were for violating the school's code of conduct policy.
RonBurgandy

Post by RonBurgandy »

westsidestory wrote:Thanks mulefarm. I stand corrected. The OMGHA Board did remove their no-confidence motion at the last minute before their meeting. Regarding being 100% sure that Coach Stefano covered up the incident, as I stated, it is "my understanding," based on hearing that claim from multiple independent sources. So, you are free to disregard that assertion, if you wish.

You are almost 100% sure he covered "it" up...We cant even be sure what the "it" is. Please go back to the wonderful post by MG Crimson...and read it carefully.
hockey21

Post by hockey21 »

Any truth to parents and players speaking on coach Stefano's behalf at the school board meeting last night or with Maple Grove admin???
RUKidding

Post by RUKidding »

So as the tournament ends and Mr. Hockey is named, the search for a new coach at MG begins.
IMHO

Post by IMHO »

RUKidding wrote:So as the tournament ends and Mr. Hockey is named, the search for a new coach at MG begins.
Any names yet?
sportstecminnesota

tough job

Post by sportstecminnesota »

As all of you know coaching is a tough job mainly because of all the outside influences and distractions. As Don Lucia says in a YouTube video the greatest coaching job is at an orphanage where you don't have to deal with parents.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFsF0Z9EKDg