AA Quarterfinal: Eastview vs. #1 Hill-Murray

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Eastview
33%
Hill-Murray
67%

Total votes: 52

WBLHockeyfan04

Post by WBLHockeyfan04 »

BogeyMan wrote:
Pioneerprideguy wrote:
UntouchableFlow wrote: According to his Twitter account it was something to do with his shoulder, but he said that he'll be able to play this week.
The bigger question is will he be able to pass the puck? :lol:
That could be the front runner for post of the year!!!!! You are making it sound as though he passed the puck before his injury.....maybe he should have had his shoulder looked at in December????? Tons of skill but does not play well with others. If he does not play it may actually make the top line better if they move someone in there that will work hard and make some plays.....
Took the words right out of my mouth. Definitely talented, but clearly has a "me first" mentality on the ice.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

I do expect a fairly competitive game here. Eastview is well-built to give a top team fits in the first round, and we'll see how Hill handles that burden of the top seed. Only Eden Prairie in 2011 has managed to win when going in as the #1. An upset could certainly happen.

But I'm afraid I see this shuttle on its way to a game on Friday night.

koolio

Post by koolio »

karl(east) wrote:I do expect a fairly competitive game here. Eastview is well-built to give a top team fits in the first round, and we'll see how Hill handles that burden of the top seed. Only Eden Prairie in 2011 has managed to win when going in as the #1. An upset could certainly happen.

May LIGHTENING strike it!
BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

HM certainly seems to prefer the underdog status, when they can get it. They tend to usually have a target on their backs, but heavy is the crown because this team has not performed nearly as well when they are the favorites. Last year was a great example. So was 2008 and their somewhat unexpected title run

Not sure the pressure is going to get to this particular group though. Obviously time will tell and if they're knocked out in the opening round I'll be eating these words. LaValle and Dugas are the leaders of this team and they are cool and calm.

Question is, will either of these teams have dyed their hair some horrible color????
Todd Park

Post by Todd Park »

EV over Hill

3 - rip
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

This one is tough to predict... All depends on goaltending and momentum (like almost every playoff game)... Hill 4-2
D3Referee

Post by D3Referee »

Once again the most popular man in the building should be Zach Driscoll. There are only a handful of Pioneer faithful who won't be cheering loudly for the Eastview goaltender. The rest of the State is cheering you on loudly.

Can Eastview catch lightning in a bottle on the big stage? My money says they can!

Eastview 2, Hill Murray 1
"See ya in another life brother"
1_2_Know

Post by 1_2_Know »

Pretty sure Zach's dad is a Hill Murray grad and the rumor a year or so ago was that Zach would go there as well.
Ogie

Post by Ogie »

karl(east) wrote:I do expect a fairly competitive game here. Eastview is well-built to give a top team fits in the first round, and we'll see how Hill handles that burden of the top seed. Only Eden Prairie in 2011 has managed to win when going in as the #1. An upset could certainly happen.

V'GER! :lol:
Buy ya a soda after the game!
Ogie

Post by Ogie »

HappyHockeyFan wrote:I attended both games and I am more impressed with Eastviews effort that White Bears. It should be noted that I am not one of the many Hillmurray bashers, I actually like them and have cheered for them since I was a kid, I just think after seeing Eastview that they could really give Hill some trouble. I like the cinderella story as well, I am fine with whoever wins but will be pulling for Driscoll and the Lightening.
Not a HM basher either...I'd just as soon that they win because I like to see the best teams play for all the cheese.

But, like I said earlier, if any game in the quarters is a potential ambush for the favorite it's this one.
Buy ya a soda after the game!
D3Referee

Post by D3Referee »

Ogie wrote:
HappyHockeyFan wrote:I attended both games and I am more impressed with Eastviews effort that White Bears. It should be noted that I am not one of the many Hillmurray bashers, I actually like them and have cheered for them since I was a kid, I just think after seeing Eastview that they could really give Hill some trouble. I like the cinderella story as well, I am fine with whoever wins but will be pulling for Driscoll and the Lightening.
Not a HM basher either...I'd just as soon that they win because I like to see the best teams play for all the cheese.
I like to see the very best advance as well. That's why I'm cheering for Driscoll.
"See ya in another life brother"
394 West

Post by 394 West »

D3Referee wrote:
Ogie wrote:
I like to see the very best advance as well. That's why I'm cheering for Driscoll.
Dugas is better
snyper12

Post by snyper12 »

394 West wrote:
D3Referee wrote:
Ogie wrote: Not a HM basher either...I'd just as soon that they win because I like to see the best teams play for all the cheese.
Dugas is better[/q

Based on save percentage and playing with an the inferior d (at least one that gets much less respect) it would seem to clearly be Driscoll.
BlueLineSpecial

snyper12 wrote:
394 West wrote:
D3Referee wrote: I like to see the very best advance as well. That's why I'm cheering for Driscoll.

Dugas is better[/q

Based on save percentage and playing with an the inferior d (at least one that gets much less respect) it would seem to clearly be Driscoll.
Save percentages are identical
snyper12

Post by snyper12 »

BlueLineSpecial wrote:
snyper12 wrote:
394 West wrote:
Dugas is better[/q

Save percentages are identical
Not on front page of Lets Play Hockey Mag.
BlueLineSpecial

snyper12 wrote:
BlueLineSpecial wrote:
snyper12 wrote: Save percentages are identical
Not on front page of Lets Play Hockey Mag.
Interesting. I'm going off Hub
TheJet

Post by TheJet »

BlueLineSpecial wrote:
snyper12 wrote:
BlueLineSpecial wrote: Not on front page of Lets Play Hockey Mag.
Interesting. I'm going off Hub

I wonder if LPH includes playoffs maybe?
BlueLineSpecial

Heres hoping for two good night games. Gotta say, the best game of the quarterfinals for either class has been the Lourdes EGF game. In my humble opinion anyway
dangle_snipe

Post by dangle_snipe »

Always loved the HM uniforms !!! Also loving the boos during introduction !!! This is what it's all about kids having fun, David vs Goliath, public vs private.... Makes for a great atmosphere, hope the lightning keep it tight!
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

Does any team slash and get away with it more than Hill-Murray?

They two handed Driscoll up high really good at least twice.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Eastview employed the curious strategy of just banking the puck off the boards and out of the zone for icings in the first period.

They may want to re-think that one. More of then than not, they do have time to put together an actual breakout...
BlueLineSpecial

Eastview needs to work on their outlet passing if they want any chance in this game.
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

I'm in the Eastview end, From my vantage point sometimes EV is just trying to get a change others they're trying to spring someone, HM has literally tackled the guy they're trying to spring a couple of times before the kid hits the blue line.
BlueLineSpecial

And the second period starts the same way the first period went; Eastview icing. Goodness gracious if they keep this up they'll have 40 icing calls.
BlueLineSpecial

4-0 Hill early into the second and this could get ugly